The RD Story: My ups and downs!

you said Chip chip chip...12lbs was a pretty large chip wasn't it?
Over the stone by next week..more like chunk chunk.;)

Midnight on Friday? Wow - how brilliant! Say hello to my bestest son-in-law for me :)

A big OUCH on the carpet burn! You silly date :p

It was quite a good day today. We made some good progress at Fort Brockhurst and are starting to develop a new education package for schools in the area - we've gathered quite a few Saxon, Roman and Victorian artifacts ... now we've got to devise a way to make them really interesting to kids.

I went to the gym afterwards and made an appointment for my induction: tomorrow at 10:30 :eek:
I told them I don't want to get too sweaty though as I have a hair appointment at 11:45 ;)

My 11 year old is also having a trip to the hairdressers after school to have her hair cut and 'thinnened' (her expression). I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

My diet has gone pretty darned good today ... it always helps to be distracted though doesn't it. :)

Friday 18th May

Well, yesterday STARTED great but finished in 'crash and burn' diet-wise. :(

Had my usual shake in the morning but a little later as I was going to the gym for my induction and wanted to have a bit of 'fuel' on board.
Induction went well ... then I went to have my hair cut and coloured - that went well too.

I was particularly hungry at lunch time (well, it was more like 2pm before I was able to have lunch) so I had a small tin of tuna followed by a bar.

Then it all went very wrong ....
I was all set to have dinner at around 8pm when I'd finished chatting to hubby on the phone but then one of my sisters called and I ended up coming off the phone well after 10pm feeling hungry, tired and emotionally drained: she's one of lifes 'needy' people, emotionally speaking.

So, the bottom line is, I went into a nose dive and ended up having ANOTHER tin of tuna, 2 mousses, 2 peanut bars (paying the price today :eek: ) and .... a Ryvita cereal bar AND 4 Go Ahead yoghurt biscuits. :mad: :mad:
Once I started, I just couldn't stop. I felt physically sick by the end of it.

So today I have a choice ....
1. let the incident floor me and go buy a big bar of Galaxy to complete my self-destruction
OR
2. Grit my teeth, drink lots of water and get back on plan.

Right - I'm off to the shops to buy some Galaxy .....

not really :) One Walnut Toffechino shake for brekkie coming up!!

draw a line under it and move on - but learn from it - what would you do differently to avoid the slide next time?

draw a line under it and move on - but learn from it - what would you do differently to avoid the slide next time?

Diconnect the phone!! :)

Deffo take the phone off the hook, hun!!!!!!

Or answer in a German accent and say 'wrong number' hehe!

Have a great day, sweetie!!!

xxxxxx

Diconnect the phone!! :)

Very funny.
In reality what could you have done?
If you'd had a shake &/or a bar while on the phone would you have been able to prevent the later eating?

Also,although your sister probably did most of the talking,you culd easily have got dry during the chat & that sends the appetite soaring too.

Glad you're getting back to it today.
I really felt for you, but have read much of the first part of your journey & have complete faith in yoiur ability to do this part succesfully too.

No worries mum - I know what those 'chats' can be like! I would have done something far more drastic (those stairs seem appealing again!!)

Anyway I'm having a bad day! I havent cheated or anything but I'm on the edge!! Jon had pizza today and the whole house smells gorgeous! I have had my soup, joy of joys, but that just hasn't helped. My tummy is rumbling every 2 seconds!

All I can do is wait for the jelly in the fridge to set!!

Very emotional, need some chocolate!

Youre doing great! Look at your achievements so far!
Love 'n' stuff
Amy-v
xxxx

PS - going for a meal with Jon tomorrow night at the pub - looking forward to my salad leaves!! xxx

Howdy RD,

DOn't stress yourself. In fact I'm glad you've demonstrated humour in all of this. Just goes to show you've bounced back already without even thinking about it!

I hope Saturday goes well for you honey-bun.

Ciao - x

Its just one of those things hun, it isn't the end of the world. Its done and dusted, you can't change that. Just look forward (and downward!) Have a lovely weekend with hubby hun x x x

Hope today went better for you

Haven't posted much this weekend - I've been too pee'd off and just generally down.

I've already mentioned my sister's phone call on Thursday night - the contents of which I can't really go into. Suffice to say it threw me into a weekend-long binge which started with cottage cheese and ended up on Sunday with twiglets, shortbread biscuits and a chicken curry WITH rice.

This morning I'm half a stone heavier so I won't be weighing in at my CDC's this afternoon - I'll just go and pick up my stuff and leave.

I'm thoroughly depressed with the whole situation - it's a constant case of two steps forward and one back at best ... but often two forward and two back.
I'll keep going because I have little choice: the alternative is too horrible to contemplate.

But I know I have serious issues around food - and I know that by doing CD or ANY diet, I'm only dealing with the symptoms not the cause of the problem. Knowing about it doesn't make it any easier to deal with though. Ho hum ... :(

Back to bl**dy SS this morning.

HI RD, sorry to hear you sounding so p***ed off - I wonder if you would care to 'Johnson' it with me? As you know I have been in a right negative spin of late and just haven't been able to get my head round dieting, till i saw the post yesterday about the up day down day diet. IT makes sense, I visited the website and it all makes sense!!!! ( Barb twirls hysterically at her light bulb moment). anyway to cut a long story short I' m sarting today, as I know you knwo as I saw you on my new thread. thing is they suggest that on the down days you consume 500cals, ideally in shake form, which you could do with your CD shakes and then the other days you eat normally. No guilt, no failure .....I reckon it's well worth a bash, I cannot live with day after day dieting, but I can do every other day and the science bit supports it. Read the article, you will be intrigued!

Just a thought, let me know what you think,

Oh hun - I had a horrid weekend too - so sorry you did & that you're cross with yourself (just like I am with me!).

However, we do need to draw a line and move on. We can't change what happened yesterday but we can change what might happen today. You know you've just put on water and glycogen - that will fall off in a couple of days.

I also think that we can't change our relationship with food overnight and if the best we can do is to fight off the demons when we can, well - that's better than not fighting them at all!

((HUGS))

xxxxxxxxxx

Umm, Isobel, you don't fancy a 'Johnson' too do you? We could make it a threesome if you'll pardon the expression!

Love

Do you have a link Barb?

You need to look at the thread 'johnson up day down day' and there is a link on there, can't seem to move it here - I think Wannabemine started it. Makes very interesting reading!
Hope you find it, let me know if not.

Love

My Google seems to be playing up and I can't find it :(

Back