The Wedding Dress Thread

Yeah but everyone else was so savvy and didn't go over the top and we must have spent 20k I also feel like a spoiled brat because my mum and dad paid for most of it and my mum gave us an unlimited budget!

I sound like a rich spoiled brat don't I.

Yeah but everyone else was so savvy and didn't go over the top and we must have spent 20k I also feel like a spoiled brat because my mum and dad paid for most of it and my mum gave us an unlimited budget!

I sound like a rich spoiled brat don't I.

I think 20k is about the average for a wedding now so I don't think you went over the top.
Most people I know went way over their original budget!

Flibsey said:
yeah, but only 'cos I'm jealous lol.
my parents are what's known as "property not-quite-rich-but-comfortable/cash-poor".

Lol my mum just has a good wage and saves well lol and they paid off their mortgage when I was about 10 so that helped!

She isnt rolling in it though just comfy.

How have I not seen this thread yet?! I love weddings. Alas, my OH hasn't proposed yet :( haha. Some beautiful dresses here!

Felix said:
How have I not seen this thread yet?! I love weddings. Alas, my OH hasn't proposed yet :( haha. Some beautiful dresses here!

It's a leap year ;)

X x x

can i join in - i got married last October and want to do it all again! here is some piccies of the dress!! :D

xxx

ElleShaunWeb-1.jpg

ElleShaunWeb-4.jpg

ElleShaunWeb-377.jpg

ElleShaunWeb-346.jpg

Haha he said that to me the other night!!!! I told him it ruins my dream of being proposed to though :(

That's what I kept saying to my OH when he was winding me up telling me he was waiting for me to propose. Luckily, he surprised me on my birthday last week :)

Aww that's lovely :) we have talked about it loads and he's said he wants to wait until he can afford the best ring for me! I did say I'm not bothered about how much he spends on the ring, it could be £10 for all I care.. He's just got a new job though so fingers crossed haha. I'm not even that bothered about actually getting married, I'd just like something more 'official' if that makes sense!

Mine never did propose! Third date, he said 'I want to ask you something but it's too early'
I said 'Ok, the answer is yes' and that was it!

Shirleen said:
Mine never did propose! Third date, he said 'I want to ask you something but it's too early'
I said 'Ok, the answer is yes' and that was it!

Aww that's amazing. Obviously meant to be :)

Ooh, ooh a wedding thread. I'm getting married in October. Proposed to in December and within 2 weeks, we'd booked and chosen almost everything. Only things left to do are bridesmaids, cake and cars. Best quote we've had on cars so far has been £650 for a Mercedes and a people carrier. I mean, REALLY??? It's a 5 mile trip.

Any tips on cost effective transport gratefully received. We don't know anyone who can do it for us :(

Wedding cars are a nightmare! I said I was getting a taxi, refused to pay the prices, then my Dad said he really wanted a car for our last "trip". Next day, pulled up at traffic lights next to this 1950's Cadillac, midnight blue. I'm a bit of a rockabilly at heart and my colour theme is dark blue so it was as if it was meant to be. Shouted out the window "do you do weddings?" and the bloke said no, but managed to convince him in the 2 mins we were sat at the lights to do it!! Plus the guy has the same surname as me, so had he charged me I would have paid it- by this point it felt like fate! Good luck finding something felix xx

Back