Total Solution TheTrigos - The final push to goal, come onnnnnn!!

Thetrigos

Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm on day one of Exante TS today and i'm going to try and keep a diary to keep my spirits up and get some motivation, and also just because i really like writing - any excuse really!

I did Weight Watchers after having my second son just over a year ago and it's taken me just over a year to lose 2 stone, and for the past 3 months or so i've been hovering around the same weight. I was getting bored and complacent when it came to weighing and pointing everything, and to be honest i just got the point where i was really disliking food, it became an enemy, something to trip me up, skirt around and worry about.

As a result i decided that if i was going to lose the rest of this weight, avoiding it alltogether was definitely the best way. I've gotten to the point in my life where i understand how bad my eating habits used to be, causing me to gain so much weight. I'm happy now to eat sensibly and understand that i can't eat the way i used to or i will get fat again! It just feels like such a chore, eating to lose weight, and it's not working for me, so here i am. Confident i can get through the next few months on this diet, and come off it at the end able to keep my weight stable.

So. I'm doing shakes and bars. I tried a Cambridge soup off a friend once and to be honest it made me physically sick. It was horrendous! I'm not a massive soup fan at the best of times, it generally has to be the really fresh chunky stuff, and crusty white bread helps it down.

I held out until 10.30 for my first shake. I realised that i'm never massively hungry in the morning, i just eat breakfast because it's what you're supposed to do! So this morning i could concentrate on making my boys (Hubby, O who's 3 and F who's 1) breakfast and get some bits done, rather than wolfing down a bowl of cereal whilst getting nursery bags ready, brushing my hair, making lunch and trying to find my car keys at the same time.

My first shake was Strawberry. This was the one i was most scared of, as i really don't like strawberry milkshake, and it was... ok. Not amazing, but not revolting either. Manageable. The smell was the worst thing... biscuity weirdness. Anyway, it's down within 15 minutes, through a combination of sipping to start with, progressing to chugging whilst holding breath for the last bit of the glass. It's now repeating on me, which is charming.

I'm feeling a bit spaced out today, but not too bad. My mouth is so dry no matter how much i drink, which is encouraging me to drink and i don't mind because i like water and tend to drink a lot anyway. I was hungry, but the strawberry milkshake swiftly took care of that, and my appetite.

Chocolate orange bar for lunch, chocolate shake for dinner, onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
I tried a Cambridge soup off a friend once and to be honest it made me physically sick. It was horrendous! I'm not a massive soup fan at the best of times

Hope your day 1 is going well. The Exante soups are much better than when I did CD I add more water to the soups and shakes anyway to make them less gloopy :D

What did you think of the choc orange bar? I'm still not a big fan but it is getting easier to eat them, I do love the toffee, nut and raisin tho. xx

Good luck and welcome - the soups are definitely getting tastier the longer I stay on ts :)

What did you think of the choc orange bar? I'm still not a big fan but it is getting easier to eat them, I do love the toffee, nut and raisin tho. xx

Well... the chocolate and orange bar was certainly an experience! First bite, vile, then the more i got through it the more tolerable it got. They are SO hard to eat though, you chew them and they don't go anywhere!! It's like a little bit of heaven when you hit a chocolate chip, and took me a good 3 hours to eat, had to keep coming back to it for a bite every now and then x

Survived day 1... felt relatively ok mostly through the day... started to get hungry about 9.30 last night so i went to bed!

The chocolate orange bar as i've posted above was interesting! The chocolate shake was pretty nice actually, i was suprised, but i wasn't hungry at all when i had it around 7.30 (still recovering from the chocolate orange bar!) but the first shake made me so thirsty i didn't want to leave it too late to have it then need to drink loads and be up peeing all night! So it was pretty much down the hatch in one.

Only up once in the night for a wee, but i was up with my little boy who had a nightmare anyway, so i may not have needed to go if i hadn't have been woken up... Feeling very odd this morning. Very spaced out and exhausted, my limbs feel like they weight a tonne, and i'm a bit headachey. I've yet to have my first shake (banana, the jury's out so far on this one) and i do feel hungry today. I'm hoping once i've had it i feel a bit better, drinking lots of water and managing black tea with a sweetener for a bit of a caffine fix.

Raisin nut bar thingy for lunch, then a vanilla shake for dinner.

(oh, and i had a sneaky weigh this morning - 3lb's down hehe :D) Smacked wrist, will put the scales away until next week.

Haha 3hrs for the choc orange bar :) at least you persevered to finish it. I have my bars in 2 halves 1 at lunch and 1 in the evening and add a lot more water to my shakes than 250mls.
You're doing well 3lbs in the first day, most of us scale-hop but don't let it get too much of a habit because it can fluctuate daily, if it goes up it can have a detrimental psychological effect (I know cos I am suffering today!!) even tho you stick to it to the letter.

Keep it up xx

Ok so day 3, and definitely needing some words of encouragement today. I'm feeling so tired and so hungry! Yesterday i had the horrid metal mouth and headache, today the headache is gone but my stomach is grumbling something chronic! I had a bit of a funny turn this morning in the kitchen when i was getting everyone's breakfast ready, and i would normally save my shake for about 10.30 but hubby wouldn't let me go until i'd had it so i had it about 8am. This just means i'll have my bar a bit earlier today, which is fine because it's still taking me hours to get through one, and then my shake around 5/6 instead of about 7.30. So i'll probably be really hungry this evening. The past two nights i've been in bed at 8.30 because i'm so tired and hungry, although last night i did sleep pretty well for me, which was nice.

Am i on the verge of turning a corner yet?

Also, my sense of smell has gone through the roof. I can smell EVERYTHING - it's like being pregnant again.

I can't make up my mind if i'm hot or cold either, although that could just be the weird weather. Walking through campus this morning (i work at a university) i saw people in full winter coats, waterproofs, shorts, t shirts and flip flops. Lovely English weather.

I can tell today is going to test me in terms of sticking to this diet, i keep telling myself i have to commit to a week, there's no point getting this far and giving up, but oh dear it's difficult today!

I just caved and added a tiny splash of skimmed milk to my tea... i tried to do black tea but there was just no enjoyment in it! It tastes like heaven, i literally had a sip and did an internal 'ahhhhhhhhh'. I only have one or two cups a day, my body will just have to lump it!

Day 4, and feeling good today :) Yesterday turned out really well after a shaky start and as the day went on the hunger dissipated and my energy levels started to rise. Another good night's sleep last night, although still in bed mega early, and i feel set for another day! Water is calming the few growls i do have. This diet has definitely taught me what hunger feels like and i shall be remembering this when i start eating again - i will not eat if i'm not hungry!!

As each day passes the shakes are tasting less strange, i suppose as i'm getting used to them. The vanilla one i thought was awful first time round, but this morning it was quite nice. I was really craving something savoury yesterday though with not doing the soups so i bought some bouillon, which i've never had before but it was too salty to drink... i've ordered the reduced salt one in the hope that it'll be more manageable because the smell was divine and it almost felt like i was having a soup.

Hubby commented this morning on how cheerful i've been these past few days. I do definitely feel more mellow - i'm not sure if it's because i feel positive about the diet and about losing weight, or because i'm not constantly riding the highs and lows of carbs and sugar, but my mind and body feel quite good just now :)

Yay! Glad it's going well for you :) I feel more cheerful too ~ I have a sneaky feeling it's because I no longer spend my days worrying about how much I've eaten and feeling guilty because I have! Keep going :D

Definitely Jools, it is very liberating not having to battle with myself over eating... if i think i want something to eat i just tell myself 'tough, you can't' and that's it, i just get on with it. Those first 3 days were so yucky nothing is worth caving for just yet!

So the weekend was always going to be testing, but i survived. Saturday i kept pretty busy as my 3 year old had two birthday parties to go to, so we were out of the house and very on the go. I managed to avoid the party buffets and had my bar in my bag to snack on to keep me going. Saturday evening was the worst, it in ingrained in me to sit on a saturday night with a pizza and some chocolate, and although my husband was very supportive, quite frankly i was miserable and went to bed at 9pm, even the x factor couldn't keep me up!

Sunday we went to a farm day at a farm local to us. There's a craft fair, apple tasting, hog roast etc and the kids loved it but again i kept away from the food, not even tasting a slice of apple! Spent my money in the craft fair on lovely bits instead of a fiver on the hog roast. When we got home i'd had a beef casserole in the slow cooker all day and i did cave and pick on a couple of bits of beef and some leek, nothing that would take me out of ketosis, no carrots or swede or potato (or any of the good bits lol!!). Tasted so good and felt like a little reward for being so good all week :)

First weigh in tomorrow morning, very excited, any loss would be good! Then onto week two, i hope my willpower can keep up!

Ok, so weigh in today and i lost........ 8lbs! Hooray! I do feel it too, my double chin is definitely shrinking fast :) Very pleased, one week down, lets take it one day at a time for another good week x

In other exciting news, yesterday i got a new car :) Hubby suprised me by bringing it home, i've been after one for a while but i thought i'd be waiting a while longer! Now i need to slim down so i can look better in it!

Well done hun, good going xx

Well Done you!! That's a great result :D

Thanks everyone - i am very pleased and it's really spurred me on to keep going!

This morning i came downstairs after my shower wearing a dress, which is rare, and my husbands jaw hit the floor, he said i looked like a different person :D It is nice to get a reaction to having lost weight i must admit - my husband is always very supportive but sometimes i know he's just saying something because it's what he feels like he has to say! It's nice when i get a genuine reaction so that i know that all this is making a difference, because when you look at yourself in the mirror every day, it's hard to notice the change don't you think?

This afternoon after work we're all heading to the shops to get the boys winter undies, hehe tiny pants and vests are so cute, and i *might* treat myself to a little something, but it will be a very little something, seeing as i got a rather big something yesterday :) x

Didn't get anything shopping :( Couldn't see anything i liked and i felt too guilty about spending the money - got a black tie event in two weeks so i need to buy a dress for that, will save my pennies for then. How or where i am going to get a dress though i do not know - hate internet shopping for clothes as what looks lovely on the website never looks the same on me! Need to somehow dispatch of the children for an afternoon/evening and get to the shops for some lovely alone time! Going to try the big Westfield's shopping centre in London and make a bit of an event of it, it's not often i get out sans children :)

On another positive diet note today i am wearing a pair of trousers and a jumper i last wore a couple of weeks ago, and the jumper fit, and the trousers were digging into my waist. Today, the jumper is much too big (it looks a bit silly actually but i'm sad because it's a favourite) and the trousers are loose! Woohoo!

I did also note this morning that my bra is too big, which is both positive and negative. I've always had massive boobs, especially after two children and breastfeeding, post natally last time round my nursing bras were a 38G! I'm today wearing a 36f, and it's too big, which is great, what's bad is it looks like two snooker balls in socks - anyone got 4K lying around for a bit of surgery? ;)

Thetrigos said:
Didn't get anything shopping :( Couldn't see anything i liked and i felt too guilty about spending the money - got a black tie event in two weeks so i need to buy a dress for that, will save my pennies for then. How or where i am going to get a dress though i do not know - hate internet shopping for clothes as what looks lovely on the website never looks the same on me! Need to somehow dispatch of the children for an afternoon/evening and get to the shops for some lovely alone time! Going to try the big Westfield's shopping centre in London and make a bit of an event of it, it's not often i get out sans children :)

On another positive diet note today i am wearing a pair of trousers and a jumper i last wore a couple of weeks ago, and the jumper fit, and the trousers were digging into my waist. Today, the jumper is much too big (it looks a bit silly actually but i'm sad because it's a favourite) and the trousers are loose! Woohoo!

I did also note this morning that my bra is too big, which is both positive and negative. I've always had massive boobs, especially after two children and breastfeeding, post natally last time round my nursing bras were a 38G! I'm today wearing a 36f, and it's too big, which is great, what's bad is it looks like two snooker balls in socks - anyone got 4K lying around for a bit of surgery? ;)

Oh I know your pain mine look like spaniels ears!!!

Mine too!! :( lol!!

Back