Thinking of doing s&s advice please

donnamarie

Silver Member
I all I'm currently doing cd today is day 33 so far I've lost 21lbs.
A lot of people over on the cd forum are changing to s&s I've heard nothing but good reports about it.
I was thinking of ordering some samples.
Which ones would you recommend.
On cd I love the porridge that and the mint choc I'm living off. Can't stand the soups :(
Does s&s work the same 3 packs a day?
And are the losses good?
I know the price is better! Lol
Thanks in advance :) x

Hi! The losses are the same as CD. On S&S you do either 3 a day plus a protein meal or 4 a day with optional 200g of veg.
Why not order the weeks sample pack with a selection on everything? I like far more on S&S than I ever did on CD x

Thank you Kim.
I'm going to have a closer look at the website now and see.
The meals are appealing to me as I've been living off porridge & bars on cd.
Did like the some shakes but feeling so cold all the time I don't fancy a cold shake (didn't like them hot)
I need something warm and filling.
Which meals do you prefer?
Do you like the porridges?
Which bars? There seems some odd flavours :)

I love all the meals apart from mushroom pasta but I'm not that keen on pasta anyway. Bars I like all of them but white choc and lemon is my fav. Haven't tried the porridges yet, I tend to stick to 2 shakes a day, a meal and a bar for pudding. But obv you can do it anyway round, the only limit is on bars to 1 a day. I love all the shakes.
But obv everyone is diff so that's why the weeks sample pack is a good idea is they send you one of everything and you can see what you like before you make a big order. X

I love the lemon bars.

I mix up the mushroom pasta and fill two portobello mushrooms I've grilled with it.

I had the cottage pie over some steamed cauliflower for tea tonight. Love this.

S and S now have a mix a mousse equivalent and that is his I have my shakes / as a mousse. I sprinkle some mixture from the health food store to up the fibre. (It is not a lot of calories or carbs.)

I do not like texture of the porridge, so I make up own. I just control the portions. I mix in cinnamon and Stevia - cinnamon is a metabolism booster and Stevia is a zero calorie low GI sweetener made from tea leaves.

I did not care for the Mac and Cheese - but I may not have mixed it up well.

I'll be having the chili con carne over some salad leaves and cucumber for lunch tomorrow.

On even days I am having four S and S items. On odd days I am having 3 S and S items and a low carb meal.

Tomorrow my DD has to make dinner for her family. I will have the meat and green veg part of meal - which will please her.

On days I have the meal - I will work out.

I am also drinking iced green tea - 2 l a day to boost my metabolism.

You can get a taster pack which contains 25 different flavours for less than £25 - it would be a really good idea for you so that you know which packs you oersonally like before putting in a big order.

Thank you all. I've put an order in for 12 samples @ 99p each just of the ones that I think I might like.
I've got 3 weeks of cd on order this week as my CDC is going into hospital so I'm not planning on leaving cd just yet.
I take it it won't knock me out of ketosis mixing the 2 (cd & s&s) for a couple of days?
Im assuming I'd have to do 1 full day cd and 1 full day s&s?
But I'm defiantly sure I will be switching to slim & save in mid June. As long as I like the products.
Thank you for you advice. Xx

If you are going to mix for a while the easiest way is to do a full day of one and then a full day of the other. You can mix during the day but you'd have to plan things carefully as CD is 3 packs a day and SnS is 4. There are guidelines to help you to do this (not official ones!) but it is easier to stick to one plan a day.

I started S & S on Wednesday, but have a few Exante products left. I have decided to try all of the S & S products first and then when I know which I want to reorder I use up my Exante items for a couple of days while I wait for my order :)

My s&s order is coming tomorrow ;)
I have ordered x5 meals x3 bars x2 porridges and x2 shakes.
So 12 = 3 full days on s&s.
My question is can you have more that 1 meal pack per day?
Cause I was thinking..
Day 1.. Porridge.. Shake.. Meal.. Bar
Day 2.. Shake... Meal... Meal. Bar
Day 3.. Porridge.. Meal.. Meal... Bar
That would be my 12 packs.
In between my cd days.
Is that ok?

I regularly have 4 meals a day :)

Can anyone please help me.. I want to have spicy spaghetti tonight.
What is the best way to do it?
Microwave or saucepan on the hob?
Thanks.
Had sweet porridge.. Nice and crispy choc shake.. Nice so far today. :)

hollycat said:
I had spicy spaghetti tonight (microwaved) delicious :D

I just come on here to say the same!
Absolute heaven it was!
After 35 days on cd.
I'm defiantly changing to s&s.
I loved it! :) xx

Morning All --

My s&s order is coming tomorrow ;)
I have ordered x5 meals x3 bars x2 porridges and x2 shakes.
So 12 = 3 full days on s&s.
My question is can you have more that 1 meal pack per day?
Cause I was thinking..
Day 1.. Porridge.. Shake.. Meal.. Bar
Day 2.. Shake... Meal... Meal. Bar
Day 3.. Porridge.. Meal.. Meal... Bar
That would be my 12 packs.
In between my cd days.
Is that ok?

Sounds exactly what you should do -- plus drink the water. The rule is no more than 1 bar a day, and four S n S or 3 and a meal.

Can anyone please help me.. I want to have spicy spaghetti tonight.
What is the best way to do it?
Microwave or saucepan on the hob?
Thanks.
Had sweet porridge.. Nice and crispy choc shake.. Nice so far today. :)

I've only ever microwaved any of it. It has all turned out fine except the one mac and cheese.

I just come on here to say the same!
Absolute heaven it was!
After 35 days on cd.
I'm defiantly changing to s&s.
I loved it! :) xx

I like the Chili con Carne over some lettuce leaves and cucumber slices. YUM!

I have exante to use up too. Am trying to use them up first as I really like the Slim and Save products and think if I have more of them I will end up not using the exante. It will be good to have the slim and save to look forward to - might stop me wavering!!! Much prefer the fact that you can have 4 a day as well! Try to get to lunch time on the Exante before having a pack, then I can have one at tea time and have my bar to look forward to in the evening. Sad!!

maryj50 said:
I have exante to use up too. Am trying to use them up first as I really like the Slim and Save products and think if I have more of them I will end up not using the exante. It will be good to have the slim and save to look forward to - might stop me wavering!!! Much prefer the fact that you can have 4 a day as well! Try to get to lunch time on the Exante before having a pack, then I can have one at tea time and have my bar to look forward to in the evening. Sad!!

Definitely use your Exante stuff first. I wish I'd been stricter lol. I moved to S&S faster than I intended and as a result have a load of Exante stuff left

Back