This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Caroline, well done on sitting beside them eating ice cream whilst you restrain. I am where you are in that know its not worth falling off because of the rubbish feeling plus it takes a good 4 days to a week for me to recuperate.

what are your plans for today?

Morning Lauren,
Haven't made many plans for today, but I'm thinking the day might involve a tip run, food shopping and finding a suit that fits ( I'm bound to have an interview soon, right?).
For a little while now my jeans have been feeling tight, and I'm generally feeling that I'm over doing the berries and nuts. The problem is I love both those things! I also love experimenting with low carb baking
Anyhoo, the thought is in the back of my mind that I might have to consider going back to induction for a while. (You notice I am not committing myself to actually starting yet! ). So, there we are, I've said it out loud.

It's a women's perogative not to commit to anything ;) your day sounds as exciting as mine minus suit shopping. Absolutely need a suit just in case :)

Hi all/ moonlight

I am going to Greece for a month end of August. I'm wondering if anyone can give me ideas what best to eat or an easy menu planner. I've got the Atkins Revolution book but it only gives small paragraph on food. I won't be able to do a lot of the induction menus. So any advice would be welcome please.

Hi Jaxkar, I usually try to stick to meat/fish with salad when eating out. I don't drink alcohol, or have any sugar at all so no desserts unless I can make my own. I know that sounds very limited, but it works for me. Hope that helps?

Hi Livvy,

Bulletproof coffee is a fab thing I learned about through Goldilukes. See this link http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/

It sounds foul, but tastes divine. It gets lots of good fat into your system, and means that your body will run off that energy for a good few hours (all day for me) and you don't feel hungry. Hurrah!

Hi
Many thanks - will defiantly give it ago when I'm back from my holiday ( guess ill have stick to coffee and cream for now )

Cheers
Livvy

Morning all, another flippin migraine today. That's 3 mornings in a row and I can't even blame totm.
It's a beautiful day here, had a nice walk with the dog and done a few jobs. We're going to my surrogate mum for lunch. She lives in the next town, but next week is moving to Luton (about 3 hours North). I'll be so sad, she looked after me when I was a lost and lonely teen, and ever since.
Have a good day.

Awe Caroline double awe for the migraines and the surrogate moving. Bless, I can imagine how hard that is but it's only 3 hours away, could have been more. You can easily still visit surely?
Whats causing the migraines do you know?

Hi Lauren, yes I'll still visit of course and there's so much communication these days, it just feels like end of an era. She was the last person left for me in my home town. Anyway, it's all ok today, I feel good. Luckily no migraine, not too sure what's causing them, but I've generally feeling a little down for a while with various things I'm dealing with on my own (because I haven't shared them in depth with dh, as opposed to not being given any support). All silly things, but which when put together cause a big thing. Luckily they haven't completely consumed me or taken over, which means life can go on as normal in the main, and I deal with them when I have time to myself. However, I do think they may have been contributing to stress, which is turn has resulted in migraines.
It's been a really productive day today; got up early and walked the dog in the early sunshine, with the park to ourselves. The plasterers came at 8ish and started to do the dining bit of the kitchen/diner. We got started on trying to strip wallpaper in the spare room. Well, I've never stripped wallpaper like that! It must be stuck on with superglue, and not only that it's on to bare concrete making it doubly hard to get off. It took two of us 3 1/2 hours to strip one wall! The next two walls (the fourth is covered with a bank of cupboards) will be done over the next two mornings, or we'll go mad. Then dh went to work, and got cracking on washing off nicotine and dried blood (eugh) from the cupboard doors and radiator before painting the cupboards. I seem to have painted everything in Annie Sloan chalk paint in this house -I love painting in that stuff. Mostly I use the pure white, but a couple of coffee tables have been done in French Grey, and I did a picnic bench in Duck Egg Blue (test size) put into half a pot of Old White. It came out really pale bluey grey and looks nice.
Just finished tidying up, done a job search and about to have a bath. Having a Skype call with my other surrogate mum in NZ tonight. Can't wait, she's been sailing in Fiji for 6 weeks so it will be great to hear all her news.
Today I started 5:2 (low carb version) again, with today being a down day. I felt that was e easiest way to try and shift a few pounds at the moment, and I felt ready to start straight away. Today I had a egg and cream cheese pancake with grated apple and cinnamon for breakfast, salad for lunch and I'll have something salady for tea I expect, although not hungry so wonder if I could just do one bulletproof coffee?
Ok all, on this sunshiny evening, that's all for now.

Hi Lauren, yes I'll still visit of course and there's so much communication these days, it just feels like end of an era. She was the last person left for me in my home town. Anyway, it's all ok today, I feel good. Luckily no migraine, not too sure what's causing them, but I've generally feeling a little down for a while with various things I'm dealing with on my own (because I haven't shared them in depth with dh, as opposed to not being given any support). All silly things, but which when put together cause a big thing. Luckily they haven't completely consumed me or taken over, which means life can go on as normal in the main, and I deal with them when I have time to myself. However, I do think they may have been contributing to stress, which is turn has resulted in migraines.

i know exactly what you mean by end of an era, I felt exactly that when my dad left us. It was weird. I think us humans hate change too because we are routine people more than we think and we want everything to be just right and there incase we need it. It won't be the same of course but yes at least you an Skype :) good old Internet hey!

yes headaches are caused by stress usually and you really should try and share your loads if you can, that's what oh are there for although I do keep loads to myself too and try deal with them in quiet...why do you think I get up so blummin early lol...6:30 not for the good of my health ;)

Good afternoon Smiley, hope your head's clear today xx

Hi all, have had a good couple of headache free days which enabled me to crack on at home. Yesterday the plasterers finished, God that's a messy old business! I've been painting and sorting. Today has been a bit quieter, doing odd jobs out and about; been dropping things off, picking things up, registered with an agency, etc. Off out to dinner at a French restaurant with my surrogate mum tonight. The last two days were 500 cal days to get started on the 5:2 again. They were really easy for me having done so many vlcd's where I ate nothing!
Hope your day goes well.

For some weird reason I can't view your last page to see what you last wrote. It keeps saying safari can't open page as there are too many redirects?????? Strange but anyways just wanted to drop in and check you were ok? :)

Hi all, have had a good couple of headache free days which enabled me to crack on at home. Yesterday the plasterers finished, God that's a messy old business! I've been painting and sorting. Today has been a bit quieter, doing odd jobs out and about; been dropping things off, picking things up, registered with an agency, etc. Off out to dinner at a French restaurant with my surrogate mum tonight. The last two days were 500 cal days to get started on the 5:2 again. They were really easy for me having done so many vlcd's where I ate nothing!
Hope your day goes well.

Found your last comments :) yeah!

wow good luck with your 5:2 diet, I've heard great things about it being like a metabolism reset type diet plus fasting or eating low for a few days never done us any harm. Glad to hear you've been headache free, you must have sent the headache fairy to me did you? ;)
@congrats on the new job :)

Thanks Mrs, sorry you've been suffering with the headaches. Yes, I'm pleased with the new job. It's two months temporary work then likely to become permanent. Can't wait for a down day food wise tomorrow, eaten waaaaay too much today!

Lol bet you haven't eaten that much....you want to see my menu...piglet doesn't cut it!

exciting news on the jobs and hope it definitely turns permy for you :)

what have you been up to today?

Back