This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Cauli patties - oooh yum! what were the scratchings like as a coating? Might also be nice with cabbage - a sort of bubble and squeak.

Losingit has just posted a chicken recipe using almond flour as the coating. Happily I have both scratchings and almond flour! :)

I saw the cauli patties on Sammy's page. Pork scratchings were rather nice as a crunchy coating. You can coat chicken in them too, like kfc. I saw that in low carb gourmet.

And I've got a recipe for French toast using pork scratchings as well - not sure - but I suppose experimentation is the name of the game here :D

Frozen berries in a whizzy up blender thing, with cream and sweetener. It comes out like soft gelato, beware it's moreish!

Food today

B Courgette cake

L oopsie Swiss pancakes, butter, Da Vinci syrup

D cheese & onion quiche, cauli patties

S berry ice cream

Quiche looks delish! Onions are too carby for me but I might try it with shallots.

Well, the snow is falling hard here, with heavier snow forecast for the rest of the day. Today will be spent walking the dog, watching the pretty snow, reading and writing my little book. DH is sleeping after his night shift, so I've plenty of time to do my own thing. I have a day off from shred today, which will be nice and I've nothing that needs baking although I'll roast a chicken for tonight.
Wrap up warm everyone.

There is a very interesting section In the Sunday Times style magazine on intermittent fasting. It has numerous ideas for a days meals for 500 cals.

I have decided to start intermittent fasting this coming week. It's not difficult, I've done vlcd's so I know I can fast, I am spending alot of time on my butt whilst I'm not working and therefore don't need the amount of fuel I am providing my body with currently. I think I'm ready, and am going to spend some time working out menus now. I think Monday and Thursday will be my fast days this week. Of course, this will be combined with remaining low carb, I am dedicated to this woe for life now.

ForumRunner_20130120_124938.png

ForumRunner_20130120_124954.png

ForumRunner_20130120_124925.png

Tomorrow I'm aiming for this

B 2 hard boiled eggs & a slice of ham

L bouillion

D salmon salad

If I prefer to blow the lot in an evening meal, or shakes or soups or whatever then I can tweak it as I move on. I'm enjoying reading the Michael Moseley book, and feel pleased to be part of the health benefits of IF.

as you know i have been doing the 5 2 for a while and i must admit i find it so easy. the best thing i have found on the fasting days is to cut out my breakfast and eat midday saving a little for later if i have to, plus boullion really helps in the evenings keep the rumbles at bay.

i tried miracle noodles and chicken and making a bbq sauce for them which is lovely you can really pack it out with celery and mushrooms etc but i really find that if i stick to say roast chicken and veg i dont get so hungry.

the results have been good for me too, and i am sure the fasting helped me sts over xmas and new year and then lose 2lb straight away after. so good luck chick

Back