This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Thanks Tracey, that's encouraging. I think now that I've got my head around the principles behind it, and have made the decision to start, I'm really excited.

i know it sounds a bit odd but i really love the empty feeling i have when i am doing it, i love the clarity i feel when i am really in the zone too, it just has so many benefits its a real buzz

I'm looking forward to being in that place, D.

DH is going to join me in starting IF, however he is on nights tonight. So, he'll go off to work tonight with a small pot of nuts and some soup, which he'll eat around 1am. Then he can have salmon salad for tea tomorrow evening. I think that's about right?

Food today

B swiss pancakes, cream, butter

L Courgette cake

D roast chicken breast, green beans, mushroom creamy sauce

Morning Monday! I last ate at 6.30 last night. Got straight up this morning and did day 1, level 2 shred. Oooh, that's tough! It's probably the combination of fasting, not having had a coffee beforehand, and it being a new, harder level.

Just starting to feel hungry now, but will leave it a while longer before breakfast.

That's certainly what Moseley says we can expect, D. I'm sure that once I get used to level 2, it will all be fine. Still haven't eaten....

Good luck with the fasting today

Thanks Sammy.

Still haven't eaten. Off to Tesco soon, I don't need to eat, I can float around Tesco (even in Jeans, boots, thermal vest, tshirt, 2 jumpers and a puffa jacket!!).

What on earth am I going to look like this week when I dye my hair from shameful & hideous bleach blonde, to red (I'm reading that to get it to brown you must put red in it first), and a few days later brown????
It needs doing, I can't keep up with the cost of being blonde, even though I've been that colour since I was 17, and I'm clearly not capable of doing it myself and looking sophisticated!

Hi girls, I've just coloured my hair watermelon red. It actually looks quite nice as there is still a bit of blonde coming through. It's not nice enough for interviews perhaps, but once the light brown goes on in a few days it should look natural.

Dizzy, I must say that the fasting has been a doddle. I still haven't eaten, and I feel great. Remember, it's only one day so really not a big deal.

I have just broken my 22 hour fast with a hard boiled egg and a slice of ham. Am impressed that I went 22 hours with nothing.

Feeling really good about my first attempt at IF. Both DH and I are enjoying the strictness, and feel light & bright. Bring on Thursday fasting!

So today I have eaten a hard boiled egg, slice of ham, tsp mayo, a salmon fillet and salad. End.

Lol, reading about you all fasting makes me want to eat! I really feel that successful weight loss is all about finding what works for you though, and if you guys are feeling great you can't be doing anything wrong. I'm not sure that I would be strong enough to do it.. But well done on doing so well on day one :) xx

After the last week on Atkins and a 36 hour fast I have put on a pound! However, I feel thinner and am visibly smaller so I'm not put off. I really liked the way fasting made me feel, both mentally and physically.

Glad you feel better hun - did you do your measurements? You might have had what is probably a little water weight on, but i bet your inches have come down :)

Back