This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

I'm having a 'feeling down and not very hopeful' day. The company I was going to work for in June, the one which I gave up my last job for in order to have the 6 month break it required, have withdrawn their job offer.

I've had a niggle in the back of my mind since I went in to finalise the t's & c's with them. However, it is now confirmed. I am trying to remain zen like about it, as nothing in my day to day life has changed; I'm still looking for work, it's just that whatever I get is now not going to be temporary, and the saving for a mortgage may take a bit longer. Pah.

I wish, but no. I trusted them, it was my decision to take that risk and I have to deal with it. But, you're right, I would have found another job before I left. Ah well, I've learned a lesson there about trust; in business you simply can't afford to.

Oh Smiley I'm so sorry to hear that! What reason did they give? Maybe it's just something temporary?

Keep your chin up, something fabulous is just around the corner xxxx

They said they had reconsidered and said they thought I was expecting more from the post (they sold it to me as a customer service manager position, then once I had left my old role and gone back to them for t's & c's they changed it to an admin post on less money).

It's not temporary, and I would never go back or trust them again. I know it's all for a reason, and that is that, as you say, my dream job is around the corner.

Sorry to hear about that job Smiley, that's really sh**y of them! But it sounds like they're not the type of people you want to be working for anyway to be honest. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for that dream job for you. Barbados would be amazing!

B xx

Sorry it's been a crummy day for you - one door closes and somewhere another opens, as they say. You'll find the open door for you. I'd be very non-delighted at that kind of treatment, for sure, but some places are getting ruthless. A friend of mine got down to the last interview for a job, then found out they'd decided not to hire anyone but to get two interns to do the same job for free. Disgusting really.

Thanks ml, I'm feeling much more positive today.

Well hello Monday! Here I am, up and ready to dance with the day. DH is off for two days, so not being lonely has really helped with my mood. We are going to see Lincoln today, and have coffee out.
Am looking forward to a slow cooked pork roast this evening.

Tomorrow I have my interview, and then will probably start Exante. I have a months supply if I combine it with one Tesco shake per day too. I may as well get rid of one of my excess stones this way during Feb. That way I'll be content to sit nicely on Atkins/IF whether I sts or lose at that point.

Onwards and towards, have a good week dear reader.

That is lousy news in the job front, good luck with the interview tomorrow. Ethics in work seem to be gone. My nephew got a job writing reports in a company, after 1 month they said he was unsuitable....1 month later they contacted him to say they would take him on as an intern! I think they just wanted him to work for free.

Yaye great to hear you are up and at 'em today, Smiley! :)

have a great day - and enjoy Lincoln, I heard this morning that Daniel D-L has won another award ahead of the Oscars.

Lincoln's one of the places I daydream about moving if I could afford to live elsewhere. It looks such a pretty place. Have a lovely day xx

Well we went to the pics to see Lincoln (although maybe one day we'll see the place ml!). It was slow, dark and rather boring, not for us I'm afraid. I'll be disappointed if that sweeps the board at the Oscars instead of Les Mis.

Oh, lol the film! Yes, I haven't heard great reviews, regardless of the Oscar hype.

I've been in 'last supper' mode today, prior to starting Exante. I have pigged out rather on diabetic chocolate! Ah well, at least I'm not in full free fall, I know I'm starting on weds so there is a plan in place. I must not continue the pig-out tomorrow.

The husband & I have learned a lesson today - if you eat a load of sugar free chocolate because you're being a greedy pig, you will end up feeling very sick, with nasty stomach ache and the squits. Not nice. Won't be doing that again.

Yes, sugarfree/diabetic sweets are one way to give yourself a colonic! Am sure most of us have done it at some point.

Back