This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Yes just been back to Dr, it's labyrinthitis :0(
I'm also missing diem, I'm wondering if her counselling is taking her 'diet brain' and putting it to other tasks for now. Will post on her diary incase she checks it.

Hi Smilie, hope you're feeling 100% better :)

How are you getting on with Exante, still on it? xx

Hi giggles, no I'm on Exante breakfast and lunch, then a not very small dinner! The labyrinthitis was the perfect excuse to fall off the wagon!

Ahhh, totally understandable hun.

As soon as you feel strong enough, get yourself back on track though! Consider yourself told! (in the nicest possible way) xx ;) :)

Hmmmm, Exante is just not happening this week. The baking bug has hit again in time for DH's birthday this coming weds. Have made LC cookies and brownies!

In other news I have decided to start a business with my 2 colleagues, offering virtual admin support. We all work well together, but the company we work for is unstable. We're hoping to be ready to go by September.

The house is going through nicely, just waiting on searches. Went to visit again yesterday, although very rushed due to the agent not affording us much time and then talking all the way through it! The builder failed to turn up for giving us a quote for a window installation. Have decided to just get in there with all our boxes, close the door and then look at doing things to the place.

Will get back on track food wise after this birthday week, as out for lunch twice this week and making special birthday Thai on weds. Still low carb though, I never veer from that, it feels too good.

Woohoo, it's sunny here; makes me feel happy. Have a good week all.

Hi, great sounding week, enjoy yourself.

Sounds like your head is in the right place! Enjoy your Birthday week xx

Good luck with the business plans - all sounds interesting. Would you share your cookie and brownie recipes? I'm in need of comfort food/snacks lately.

Morning hun

Aren't agents annoying? But you will be in the new house soon and will make it your own - very exciting!

And the new business sounds fab!

Have a brilliant birthday week, and a lovely day tomorrow xx

Good luck with the business plans - all sounds interesting. Would you share your cookie and brownie recipes? I'm in need of comfort food/snacks lately.

: Chocolate pecan cookies

96g ground almonds
85g finely chopped pecans
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp Splenda
1 egg
1/2 tsp pure vanilla essence
113g butter at room temperature
56g frozen dark chocolate chunks
Chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven 180 degrees C
In medium bowl, mix dry ingredients then add egg, butter and vanilla to same bowl. Mix well and taste for sweetness.
Remove chocolate chunks from freezer and quickly mix into dough.

Scoop out using tablespoon or small scooper onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans on top of each cookie.
Bake 8-10 mins.

For info I have now tried this with 85% dark choc and found it too bitter, and since also 70% which was much better. Also, I find it better with a bit of hermy too.

I am struggling to copy and paste with this ipad (it's new!), so would you mind if I recommended the book for the brownies and ganache frosting? I've been using the following recently http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satisfying-...id=1366225762&sr=1-1&keywords=Satisfying+eats

It's an ebook called Satisfying eats, £4 something on kindle uk. It's an American book, so a bit of a faff with cup measurements, but there's some nice stuff in there. The brownie recipe is the best low carb one I've used so far. I also use her chocolate ganache as the topping.

Ah, I see I've managed to attach the screen shots of the recipes now!

Attachments

• image-3149405086.jpg
    image-3149405086.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 21
  • image-1747679846.jpg
    image-1747679846.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hi, interesting article, I know that when I low carb I feel better and am much more in control of what I eat. It is hard in the first few weeks but def gets easier.

So another week over. Things I have learned this week:

1) We may be exchanging on 1st May, with a view to moving in around mid May. Watch this space......

2) It IS possible for me to get the Atkins Edge. I have hardly wanted to eat anything for the whole week and it is has felt soooooooo goood. I started off with the intention of fasting on Monday and Weds, but by Tuesday I had already felt as though I was in Ketosis, which was unintentional but a nice bonus. I have mainly existed off breakfasts of an egg/cream cheese pancake, lunch small salad, and berries and cream for dinner. My clothes are loser and I generally feel like I am getting somewhere with the low carb woe.

3) My 3 month probationary period at work is up next week. They are keeping me on (phew) full time hours and increasing my pay!!

4) When the sun shines it makes me feel so very happy, alive and makes me realise how happy I am with my lot.

5) Eating out on Atkins is not daunting anymore. I went to a work lunch on Friday and had a small cheeseboard for my main, I couldn't finish it, but it was a great choice.

6) I have made some great sweet recipes. The almond pie crust from the Low Carb Gourmet book is excellent, I also made the lemon curd to put in it and made it into a lemon tart. The base actually stayed crisp! It would be great as a cheesecake base.

Have a great week all x

All brilliant observations - really chuffed for you about the job and the flat (I'm only a little bit envious! :)), and well done on all the positivity re the woe :D

Oh exciting re the purchase, it will be great to have your own place. Well done on getting back on the diet train.

Don't suppose you will post a pic of the recipe for the almond pie crust .. Please or link to it

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Don't suppose you will post a pic of the recipe for the almond pie crust .. Please or link to it

Basic Almond Crust

180g ground almonds
2 tbsp Splenda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg white

Preheat oven to 180, line a spring form baking dish or pie dish with baking paper.

In a bowl mix the almonds, sweetener and salt. Add butter and mix well.

In a small bowl, beat the egg white until foamy and add to the almond mixture. Stir well and pat into prepared dish.

Bake for 10-15 mins, or until light brown. Let cool.

Per crust 19.8g carb 1356 cals

Basic Almond Crust

180g ground almonds
2 tbsp Splenda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg white

Preheat oven to 180, line a spring form baking dish or pie dish with baking paper.

In a bowl mix the almonds, sweetener and salt. Add butter and mix well.

In a small bowl, beat the egg white until foamy and add to the almond mixture. Stir well and pat into prepared dish.

Bake for 10-15 mins, or until light brown. Let cool.

Per crust 19.8g carb 1356 cals

No, the contract is here but they need a letter from MIL to say she is gifting the deposit. She's just about to go on holiday, so dh is driving to Leicester and back tomorrow to get the letter signed!

Back