This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Busy, busy in the smiley house. The contract and all associated paperwork is bundled together and ready to go off in the post on Tuesday. Went out yesterday and got some summer skinny jeans in red, bright blue and aqua along with a couple of plain coloured v neck t shirts. Today I'm off to margate to visit my mum, am taking a low carb lunch of salmon salad, bacon and avocado. She is making a sugar free trifle for afters. There's a lovely piece of pork slow roasting my oven for this evening when dh is up after his sleep (on nights).
Tomorrow I am up early for a Skype with my NZ family, then going to Whitstable to see my cousin and collect a lawn mower she is giving us, and borrowing her carpet cleaner. In the afternoon I'll mainly be swapping my winter wardrobe for summer. Ooh, I love this time of year!
After reading about bee pollen and it's amazing health properties (thanks D), I have put in an order on Amazon. I'll be so full of energy that this house move will be an absolute breeze. Diet wise things feel fairly stable, low carb is working, i am rarely hungry and I am throwing a couple of fasting days into the week too. Nothing rigid, just the days I wake up feeling I will succeed.

Gorgeous day here, I hope this week will follow suit....

Aaaaagh, hideous migraine since yesterday evening, vomiting, disturbed vision - the works. Not had such a debilitating attack for a long time. The trip to whitstable is off, it's all I can do to sit on the sofa.

We have exchanged! Hurrah! We are moving on 24th May. All excitement amid a wall of boxes....
I read a very interesting book on my kindle last night called Coconut Cures. Coconut oil, milk etc can do some amazing things and I have subscribed to a monthly delivery of 800g tubs for £13 on Amazon, so i can use it more liberally. So far I cook with it, use it topically on tendonitis, take my make up off with it and use it as a body moisturiser. I also am about to increase the amount I take daily to 3 tbsp.

Last edited:
Popping in to subscribe. Good luck with the arrangements for the move.

Thanks moonwatcher, it all feels ok so far. This time next week!

This week has been good for me. 2 people separately have said I look like I've lost weight. My Jeans are falling off me, so they're probably right (even though my first reaction was to say the material had somehow just stretched!). I've been low carbing since October, and this week it really has just felt like my way of life. I eat really tasty food, I can eat out with ease, I never weigh myself. I am a small size 14, and I am finally happy. If I lose more, that's great. If I don't, that's fine too. I'm happy, really happy.

Hi hon, so glad to read about how good you're feeling. And coconut oil is a miracle stuff isn't it, I love it.

It's just fab, ml. I'm up to 3 tbsp a day approx and feeling really, really good. I'm also oil pulling daily, interestingly my sinuses have stopped playing me up since....

Seems to be many health benefits to it. I've been doing it with organic sunflower oil these past few days, as the coconut oil is too precious to spit out! Some articles say that the sunflower oil is able to retain more toxins than the coconut oil, but I suspect they're all much of a muchness.

Stick with it, let me know how you get on. We will have such bright white teeth we'll be able to see each other in the dark!!
2 sleeps til I move!

Ok, I'll check the date on them.
Yup, great to have the bank hol, but actually not back to work til the 3rd June, which is nice. Praying for good weather Fri, at the moment it's forecast heavy rain....

CONGRATS on exchanging Smiley, I am so happy for you both hun! :D

And on your posts generally - I am loving the fact that you sound so happy and upbeat (with the horrid migraine day being the exception, poor lamb).

Thanks DK. Yes, it's gone well. We're in, and actually now have space to move around! Today we need to clean the rental place we've just left, do yet another tip run and start stripping wallpaper in the hall. Busy, busy but happy, happy.

Wowee, who knew it was possible to ache so much??!!
I surely must be burning millions of calories every day what with painting, lugging boxes upstairs, dog walking, cleaning etc? Still been eating low carb during the move, although it's like camping getting used to a new oven and burning lots of food!!
This afternoon we're checking out officially of the old rented house, then to Westwood Cross for a tv and cabinet, back home for more painting.

Hope you're all doing well.

Hi supersmileyme, I have really enjoyed reading your diary on here. Hope the move goes well and you manage to get settled in relatively quick. Moving can be a nightmare, don't envy you.

Hi Goldi, thanks for popping by. Yes, the move has been tiring, but I've wanted it for so long and been planning all the work I'm now doing for months. It's starting to take shape, and will be lovely when it's done. When I'm back to work next week I'll be resting in comparison to this week!
What diet are you following Goldi?

Sometimes work comes in handy then hey? ;) I've done that before extra shifts to gets break. I'm on Atkins been on it for just over a month now. Came over from Cambridge and have kept losing slowly but surely. I still need to tweak things a little as I'm own a bit of a stall. Hope you've had a lovely day?

Great, another Atkins buddy! I love this way of eating. Yes , a good day - painted the stairs and landing (2 more coats to go!), went food shopping, took the dog for a hair cut, went for a drink with hubby and a friend. The electrician has been and hubby is putting up kitchen blinds.
Tomorrow more painting, aerial man putting in 3 new aerial points. I, must start putting clothes away, I can't find anything!
Really feel like we're getting somewhere now.

OOhh it all sounds exciting getting settled in somewhere new. Then after a few years and you know where everything is it gets boring Nd time to move or redecorate, are you like that? I'm terrible and fidgety haha.

yes hoping to meet some Atkins buddies because its lonely doing it on your own. I read through loads of the diaries and they all seemed to stop at the start of feb 2013 and then absolutely nothing :( so hope those people are ok.

i find it so easy but....I feel I'm probably maintaining for my weight now so need to step it up a notch and get serious.

Back