This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Yes, I'm like you - once I've made all the changes I want I start thinking of new projects!
Weight wise I'm just maintaining for now I think, although I haven't weighed this year. My clothes fit the same, so that's a good sign. I've got at least a stone or so that I would like to lose.

Wow I don't think I'd have the guts to not weigh for a year.....I'd be terrified in case it was all back on. Unfortunately Im a daily scales hopper which can be very depressing :( I just know since hopping for the full month that there is no change going up then down etc etc annoying. Need to get a grip.

Yep, that used to be me, but it was governing my whole day - scales down, good day, scales up, bad day. I had to stop, so now I go by how my clothes feel - not very scientific, but I feel more settled.

Yep, that used to be me, but it was governing my whole day - scales down, good day, scales up, bad day. I had to stop, so now I go by how my clothes feel - not very scientific, but I feel more settled.

Much better that way and I envy your bravery. I don't seem to have dropped much in terms of clothes size. Started at 14-16 in skinny jeans and still can fit them, A bit loose now but not massive change. I've always had skinny legs, arms, boobs and butt but with a big stomach like I'm pregnant. I've got pcos and after reading more it sounds like the norm for us. Very apple shaped :( my friend is 15 stone and has a smaller waist than me at 10.6 go figure. Oh and we are the same height. I completely agree with you about good and bad days dictated by the scales.. T driving me nuts and I need to stop but my thinking is I've pretty much stayed the same all month so even if I check back in a month on them they will be the same and that will further drive me insane....lol

Much better that way and I envy your bravery. I don't seem to have dropped much in terms of clothes size. Started at 14-16 in skinny jeans and still can fit them, A bit loose now but not massive change. I've always had skinny legs, arms, boobs and butt but with a big stomach like I'm pregnant. I've got pcos and after reading more it sounds like the norm for us. Very apple shaped :( my friend is 15 stone and has a smaller waist than me at 10.6 go figure. Oh and we are the same height. I completely agree with you about good and bad days dictated by the scales.. T driving me nuts and I need to stop but my thinking is I've pretty much stayed the same all month so even if I check back in a month on them they will be the same and that will further drive me insane....lol

I'm right with you on the PCOS. I've had it since I was 17 (20 years), but this is the only woe I've tried that's enabled me to lose when I really try hard. I'm happy staying the same for now, but I don't think it'll be long before I'm trying to lose some more.

Hi Susie, yes we're in. Been here 10 days and love the house and all we have achieved in that short amount of time. It's so light and bright here! How are you doing?

Hi Susie, yes we're in. Been here 10 days and love the house and all we have achieved in that short amount of time. It's so light and bright here! How are you doing?

Sounds wonderful. I love light and bright homes. I think I'd be depressed in a dark and dingy one.

I'm right with you on the PCOS. I've had it since I was 17 (20 years), but this is the only woe I've tried that's enabled me to lose when I really try hard. I'm happy staying the same for now, but I don't think it'll be long before I'm trying to lose some more.

Wow, how did you know you had it? I mean what were your symptoms to make you get checked? I was absolutely fine until I'd had my son at wait for it....16 after that I joined weight watchers and 6 month in noticed excess hair, strange stomach shape to the point my dad had even secretly asked my mam if I was pregnant again :( I also feel I battle/struggle with cravings more than those around me.

I had irregular, and for a long time no periods, could eat constantly all day, never felt full. Could not lose weight for love nor money, and had the hirsutism. All fairly settled now, got excellent cream for the facial hair which has now pretty much gone.

I had irregular, and for a long time no periods, could eat constantly all day, never felt full. Could not lose weight for love nor money, and had the hirsutism. All fairly settled now, got excellent cream for the facial hair which has now pretty much gone.

Thats brilliant that the symptoms have settled, what cream is that? I could really do with some help until my laser treatments. You are inspiration that it can be done :) thanks!

It's called Vaniqa. You use it morning and night and after a while it incredibly reduces the hair growth. Brilliant stuff and it's given me my confidence back. I didn't have laser treatment, so I'm glad I found it.

Oh no, the weekend is nearly over again! Why's it going so damn fast when I've got so much to do? Ah, I know; it's because I've just wasted 3 hours trying to put together 2 tiny side tables! I've finally admitted defeat, they'll have to wait til the husband wakes up after nights. I've still done lots this weekend tho, painted the living room in Farrow & Ball 'skimming stone'. I love the colour, very happy indeed with that. Also planted some pots and hanging baskets and baked low carb Lasagne, bolognese, chilli, Strawberry cheesecake and cookies. I know I've mentioned it before, but the following ebook is fab for low carb recipes
Satisfying Eats by Melissa Monroe McGehee. I got mine on Amazon download.

Morning hun

Oooh I am so envious of all your painting and lovely home making activities, it sounds gorgeous (although hopefully my latest offer will make it through to completion! :)) - pic of the living room if you can, please! :D

So pleased to hear that your purchase is rattling along so fast, Susie. You'll soon be living and breathing decorating plans like me! Here are some pics of the living room -

Attachments

• 1370882377852.jpg
    1370882377852.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 1370882389985.jpg
    1370882389985.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 1370882399186.jpg
    1370882399186.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 53
Oooh Smiley I love that colour, might have to use it too! You are my decorating guru!

And what lovely big windows. You are going to be very happy in your new home :)

I agree, already very happy here - it's so light :)
Ask away on decorating; I researched all the colours for so long! The entrance lobby is sail white by Crown, just very slightly grey.
Will try to attach another pic. ....

Struggling at the mo with the company I work for teetering on the edge of going under, so trying desperately to find another job AGAIN! Also suffering with PMT, and had a small glass of red wine last night. Because I'm so carb sensitive today I have a banging headache, am ravenous and oh so tired. .....:(

Back