This might sound like a daft question seen as though Im only on day2

Nathan

And I know that I have to get there first, but I have my fathers wedding on July 30th and there is no way that I intend or will be able to abstain from food and drink on this day!
What will happen to my diet and how fast can I get back to where I have left off. Should I inform the pharmacy of my intentions.
Whats my best approach???
Cheers Guys
Nath

If you wish to continue after the wedding I'd recommend you try to choose low carb foods on the day and if you are consuming alcohol choose spirits with a slimline mixer. Be careful though as alcohol and ketosis can be dangerous. If you are going to 'go for it' I might be tempted to come out of ketosis a couple of days before. It will make it hard to go back to after and you will gain, but maybe from a safety point of view it's the best approach.

If you wish to continue after the wedding I'd recommend you try to choose low carb foods on the day and if you are consuming alcohol choose spirits with a slimline mixer. Be careful though as alcohol and ketosis can be dangerous. If you are going to 'go for it' I might be tempted to come out of ketosis a couple of days before. It will make it hard to go back to after and you will gain, but maybe from a safety point of view it's the best approach.

I'd used to drink holsten pils (all sugar turned to alcohol)years ago when I did atkins...never had a conflict with ketosis and alcohol.
But if you think feeding in a few days before would be better than I'll take your word for it. I fully intend to restart the program the following day.

I'd used to drink holsten pils (all sugar turned to alcohol)years ago when I did atkins...never had a conflict with ketosis and alcohol.
But if you think feeding in a few days before would be better than I'll take your word for it. I fully intend to restart the program the following day.

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/28768-drinking.html

Read this thread then make your own mind up.

I have drunk on Atkins too, thing is you can produce ketones from dietary fat and protein, on Atkins a lot of the ketones are produced this way (this is why ketostix aren't necessarily the best way of testing whether you are burning stored fat)

With VLCD you are making your fuel from fat reserves almost exclusively, there's nothing in the tank as far as blood sugar is concerned so you need to be very careful. You don't want to hypo!

If you intend to drink alcohol then you definately need to refeed for a week prior. Doing so will ensure you are safe and you should keep your glycogen levels to a minimum ready for when you restart TFR

Clair x

If you intend to drink alcohol then you definately need to refeed for a week prior. Doing so will ensure you are safe and you should keep your glycogen levels to a minimum ready for when you restart TFR

Clair x

Good advice, I never thought about refeeding.

I have just come back from a family function over two days, I didn't drink but I stuck to plain lean meat (chicken on the saturday, pork and beef on the sunday) with a little green salad and I stayed in ketosis and losing weight. My motivation not to eat any of the myriad other foods on offer was that I did not want to go through the week one pain and hunger of getting back into ketosis, I didn't think I would have it in me a second time. But I didn't want to literally eat nothing (well except for my shake) at an important family social occasion. Hope that helps

thanks

Nathan, check out one of my old threads! You don't necessarily have to refeed for a whole week before your event. You just need to make sure you kick yourself out of ketosis (eat some carbs or small amount of cheese) so that you don't endanger yourself from the booze.

I was on LT solidly for two months and knew I wanted to celebrate Easter with a boozy night out - I got a lot of advice (lots conflicting too) but I went with the science of it all. Had a great time, was okay with not losing that week, it did my confidence the world of good and spurred me on to get straight back to it after the weekend and I continued to lose to my goal. Good luck x

Back