This time I will do this on Slim & Save :-)

Ooh, meant to ask, is the Pauline Quirk book worth reading? I've heard mixed reviews.

Day 16 already for you :). You are going great hun.

I read Pauline Quirke's book and to start with I was raving about it to everyone. So much of what she was saying struck a chord with me and I could relate to many of the incidents that happened to her. I found it very motivating to hear about her experiences and how quickly the weight came off and just to read about someone actually achieving it which made me believe I could also.... However I do have to say that the 2nd half of the book did start to bore me a little because she was talking about things that were going on in her life and there was less about the weight but I suppose in a way that is good because perhaps the weight lessened in significance in her life as she was writing and the experiences of just living became more important to write about. Or maybe she just ran out of stuff to say and got boring lol. To sum up I thought first half approx was great but 2nd half was boring. Maybe that is why there are mixed reviews.

Hi ladies x well am about a third of the way through the book it's an easy read but I can relate to what she is saying I'll let you know what I think when I ve read it :)
So half way through the day and all is well . Hope everyone else is gd I like the sphagetti which I ve just had for lunch as it was filling :) x

Oops sorry hun I wouldn't have said all that if I had know you hadn't finished the book lol. Me and my gob :eek:. It might just have been me who found it a bit less interesting towards the end lol.

Lizzylocket said:
Ooh, meant to ask, is the Pauline Quirk book worth reading? I've heard mixed reviews.

I read it(well listened to the audio book) and its what inspired me to try a VLCD :) x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Katierose said:
Hi ladies x well am about a third of the way through the book it's an easy read but I can relate to what she is saying I'll let you know what I think when I ve read it :)
So half way through the day and all is well . Hope everyone else is gd I like the sphagetti which I ve just had for lunch as it was filling :) x

I love the spaghetti, makes you feel like you're eating a normal meal!

Hope you're having a great day!

Actually yes I think it played a big part in my interest in starting a vlcd. I was always convinced that the weight would just pile on due to a lower metabolism but now I know more and have watched Pauline Quirke keep it off as well and have changed my view.

Rocky Road said:
Actually yes I think it played a big part in my interest in starting a vlcd. I was always convinced that the weight would just pile on due to a lower metabolism but now I know more and have watched Pauline Quirke keep it off as well and have changed my view.

I had always said I would never do one-ever! But it's the best thing I ever did! And especially when I looked at my before and during pics yesterday! It's awesome x

Yes that must be motivating. I can't wait until my 'during' photos :). I am firmly back on the wagon today. It is strange because yesterday it was so hard but today I am back on track and it is a doddle. I don't know why some days seem so much harder than others. Maybe because I have the end result firmly in my mind again and am working on keeping it there. I guess if I knew the secret of motivation I'd be a millionaire lol.

Rocky Road said:
Yes that must be motivating. I can't wait until my 'during' photos :). I am firmly back on the wagon today. It is strange because yesterday it was so hard but today I am back on track and it is a doddle. I don't know why some days seem so much harder than others. Maybe because I have the end result firmly in my mind again and am working on keeping it there. I guess if I knew the secret of motivation I'd be a millionaire lol.

Ive still got a hugely long way to go, but I'm 48lbs closer so it's starting to make a difference! Well done for getting back on track x

You're doing great Katie Rose, send some of your motivation this way please!

Hi x thank you shivie x am just taking it day by day and am happy when I ve completed a 100.% day
And Jo and Elizabeth? (Rocky Road altho can't call you that lol ) I totally agree re VLCD s I ve tried them before and there was so much negativity around me but mainly from people that didn't need to lose weight So this time I ve done alot of research and S&s caught my eye because of the variety and also I read inspiring diaries like yours Jo so I think my mindset is right for it this time and I think this diary and the support from lovely people that visit it will get me through as I will be honest as life happens too :)
Had macaroni cheese tonight but I think I added too much water as it was v watery so not a favourite loving the sphagetti tho (repeating myself Lizzie lol )

Hi Katie :D Enjoyed reading about your journey so far! Well done for doing what you have done already and good luck! Im sure you will get there in no time!
And when I get to 50 I hope I look as gorgeous as you dooo! :D xx

aww shame about the mac cheese, isnt my favourite, but sometimes... I just fancy something comforting, which is when I pull it out and pour over cauliflower..loovely

lol yes its funny how people who are naturally skinny are the first to bash vlcd!! lol I just keep quiet, if someone notices my weight...I just politely say thank you, I have been working out and leave it at that!! best thing about the plan really, nobody even looks twice at your food!! looks normal :)

Hope your day went okay hunny xx

Glad you've had another good day!

I've got a sample of the mac cheese but I'm too scared to try it! Don't like cheese sauces but like cheese, maybe I'll hang on to it in case I need a cheese fix!

Thank you lovely ladies x bless you emarlz (sorry if I spelt your name wrong ) I am on my phone so can't refer back and the compliment was lovely but I am 50 next year so want to be at target by then x x
So another day over altho mine was a bit of a downer emotionally (work worries ) am ok now x
Thank you for your support means alot and keeps me going x x

Sorry to hear yesterday wasn't good, hope today is better, catch up later!

Aw lovey, isn't work a drag when things don't go great. It is such an inconvenience. I am just waiting for my 6 numbers lol. I hope today is better for you.

I was not too keen on the mac cheese but I found it helped to leave it a lot longer than the 2 mins because that way it soaks up more of the liquid and bulks the pasta a bit. The first couple of times I found the pasta a little hard but yesterday when I had it I found it much better.

Lol Elizabeth is fine, Rocky Road is a mouthful, or a typeful :)

Day 17 : feel a bit better today :) thank you for your kind words Elizabeth x and Lizzy x just been under pressure at work not that my bosses are putting pressure on me I'm my own worst enemy sometimes anyway positive thinking today :)) its hard for everyone at the moment I know that
I'll try leaving the macaroni a bit longer next time I don't think it's one of my favourites tho x
Here s to a gd day :)

No I must admit it is not my favourite. Right now the Spicy Spaghetti is my fave and I am adding chilli to it to make it spicier. I did enjoy the cottage pie although I didn't think I would. I added lots of hot chilli powder to that as well though lol. I am putting in an order today so will see what I can get this time. I'll be glad to see what curry they bring out.

Back