Thursday hour by hour (crikey, is it Thursday already!!)

So Sorry about your loss Kirsteen, My hubby is away to London on his motorbike tomorrow, He's a bike instructor and is going down for further training. Its such a long way,he's breaking up the journey though, I always worry about him.

Aaw thanks Katy, and well done on your loss.

Thanks Angela, I'm trying not to be anti-bikes but it's very hard. Initially I didn't want any bikes at the funeral but he was a member of a local bike club and I know he would have wanted it so we had a procession of about 25 bikes behind the hearse. Very moving, but it was extremely hard just to even hear a bike engine in those very early days. God knows what I will do if my littlun wants one when he's older...but I think it is inevitable as it's in his blood. He was only 2 at the time, 3 now, so has been very hard.

I am sorry to hear about your husband Munchalot. I think you are very strong to be coping the way you are especially with such a young child. It is at a time like this that people often turn to food to, so I can imagine that you weight loss journey may just be that little bit harder, I know I turn to food when I am sad, depressed (happy too come to think of it :) lol). You are brave to be concentrating on that and to be getting on with your life, for your sake and the sake of your son.

Aaw thanks Mia. I am an emotional eater so as you can imagine have piled the pounds on over the last 7 months. That's why I'm trying CD to totally take food out of the equation. I need to be healthy for my son at the end of the day, it's him I have to force myself out of bed for everyday. I have a medical tomorrow, a full private one, as I'm so paranoid that my littlun now only has me to care for him. Dreading what they say about CD.

Thank you Paula x

Evening all,

Kirsten, I'm so sorry for what you've gone through. You showing amazing strength of character by being able to concentrate on CD while dealing with everything else. Muchos respect and admiration to you.x

Well done for the loss, Katy - don't be disheartened by the slowness. I should stop, or I'm liable to use the 'better off than on' cliche!

Right, off to get ready for a first date - yikes!

T x

Thanks Penny Jane. Great friends, yes...family, not so much. Mum passed away in 2001, not close to my Sister and my Dad is around but we had a falling out a couple of weekends ago, as he feels as I can't change my situation I should be just getting on with life. Critisised how I'm dealing with my grief, how I'm dealing with my littlun and anything else he could throw in for good measure :0( I actually don't think I'm doing too bad considering as have had other dramas to deal with on top (problems with the new extension that wasn't finished when Hubby died, problems with the car, leak in the loft and indentity theft on my bank account) - God I sound like a right drama queen lol! Not quite sure what Dads problem is but it's his problem, not mine, so I'm letting him deal with it and he knows where I am. Hubbys family are a 3 hr drive away and not a huge help.

Aaw thanks Thelma....good luck for your date

hi
im sooo sorry to hear about ur loss it is really hard wen u lose some1 so close. i lost my mum nearly two years ago and i turned to food all the time, i put on 3 half stone since then....

Thanks Loselose, sorry to hear about your Mum x

I've just read back my last post and I'm not suprised I'm overweight, lol, think I should be grateful I'm not an alcoholic at the mo, lol!!!!

Anyway, I survived the picnic, although the smell of my mates pasta salad was very nice. I'm quite hungry today after the gym/having to have my porridge early so have been trying to keep busy and space my lunch and dinner out a lot.

Going to a charity footie match tomorrow for littluns pre-school and have just been told it's back to the pub for a buffet afterwards......aaaaargh, buffets are my worst nightmare, I lurve everything :0( Won't be bothered about drinking as will have littlun with me but the food will be very very tempting. Will sit in the garden and try to avoid it!

Kirsten

everyone has really said what I want to say but sending you the biggest hug ever and I cant imagine what you have been through, but it does show your strength of character ad determination to keep on going and especially for your little one - who I imagine is too little to understand the full impact of it yet and difficult for you to explain.

I am in awe of how you are manging to do CD at a time lie this with all this going on and I take my hat off to you.

If theres ANYTHING I can do for you then let me know. Im so glad you have good support around you and like you say your Dad's problem is his not yours xxx

Katy - well done on your weight loss cant believe you are only 2.5lbs from goal - Im so so so excited for you - that will come off next week with it being your TOTM now.

Im not expecting great losses tomorrow as its my TOTM now (as you all know tee hee) but as long as it comes off next week I wont mind!)

Glad everyone else having a good day
x

Aaw Jess thank you, that's so lovely. You're right, littlun doesn't really understand but is very matter of fact about everything which can be hard at times. I got upset when we were putting the Xmas tree up and when he asked me why I was crying I said it was cos I missed Daddy. He said "Well he's not coming back Mummy and I will look after you"!!!! He had just turned 3 when he said that....broke my heart bless him that he is now the man of the house!

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow x

Oh Bless him! It is amazing how resilient they are too. Have you both had any form of counselling ?

I know locally to us they have this really good scheme for children to help them through it and and for years after. I hope they do something around where you live.

Im off to do reading and spellings with kids so will be back later when I put them to bed
xxx

I have, but I couldn't tell you if it helped or not. Hubbys work paid for it and I have another 6 sessions available which I saved to use around this time with the inquest coming up, but it's so stressful just to get there (have to organise someone to have littlun and it's an hrs return journey to get there) I'm not sure if the minuses outweigh the pluses. I have been in contact with Winstons Wishes which is a charity that help bereaved children but he is a bit too young at the moment. They have recommended a couple of books but they were quite religious which I am not. When I told him Daddy was with the Angels which I thought was the best way to explain where he had gone after he died, he kept asking if we could go and see him or phone him and I hated the thought of him thinking that Hubby chose to be with the Angels rather than us. Now I have to focus on him being buried in the ground and it all gets very confusing.

Hope reading and spellings go well, see you later x

Aw Kirsten. Sorry to hear about your loss. Lucky white heather for all the other stuff mentioned too

In other news, struggling with water today, busy day on wards and a good stretch of the legs on the way home.

Oh Kirsten i wish I lived nearer and I would have youir little man for you while you could go. Im glad you have found winston's wishes and like you say you will find something that works for you and him. My heart goes out to you both x

Lexie - what kind of ward do you work on? I have days like that where I dont drink enough. Im okay with my quota today luckily. wasnt yesterday tho x

Lexie - what kind of ward do you work on? I have days like that where I dont drink enough. Im okay with my quota today luckily. wasnt yesterday tho x

I am a student. This while I've been in intensive care, but lunch was cut short today (so i could go see things), it varies where they send me. Yesterday I managed 3.5 Litres.

Today - 2 cups coffee, 2.5 litres water and a cup of peppermint tea.

Kirsten, you are wonderful! xx And I'm sorry if I started anything off that you didn't want to talk about xx

Back