Time to get serious!

skinnybride2013

Silver Member
After successfully loosing weight 4 years ago with the old SW (red and green) I Went back to trusted slimming world (at home) ealier this year as am getting married next May but have been on and off for months with no weight loss.

Today (and I don't know why today) I start fresh and get to target!

Weight: 10st 8
Target: 9st 5
Date: aiming for Xmas but real goal is wedding in May
Measurements:
Bust: 34
Waist: 26
Hips: 41

I'll be weighing at home Tuesday mornings and taking measurements at the start of each month - wish me luck

Day 1 - Green

B: scrambled eggs, 2 x wholemeal from 400g loaf (B) baked beans
2 x decaf tea with dash of skimmed milk (a)

L: rice, frozen peas and red kidney beans in chilli sauce with lettuce
Coffee with skimmed milk
Bottle of water

D: pasta arrabiata and salad - in a restaurant so will count 6 syns for any oil in cooking
Diet coke

HXB: Wholemeal bread
HXA: skimmed milk
Syns: 6ish from cooking

Last edited:
Day 2 - was going to be red but has become EE

B: 30g of bran flakes (b) with skimmed milk (a)
Coffee with dash of skimmed
Bottle of water

Apple (sf) and alpen light bar -3 syns

L: tesco chicken and veg sushi - 2.5 syns
Grapes (sf)
Coke zero

Coffee and water

D: tuna steak with red onion (sf) peppers (sf) cherry toms (sf) courgette (sf) and split runner beans (sf) and boiled rice

Is that right for an EE day???

HXB:branflakes
Syns: 5.5 - sushi and alpen light

Last edited:
Day 3 - green

B: apple and fibre plus bar (b)
2 x coffee with skimmed milk 1/2 a
Bottle of water

L: jacket pot with beans and cheese 1 1/2 a
Can of diet coke

D: didn't mean to have the same meal twice...but was in late and had nothing else free - jacket pot with baked beans 28g cheddar (b) and salad
Decaf tea

HXB: Fibre plus bar and 28g cheddar
HXA: skimmed milk and cheese
Syns: 0

Last edited:
Day 4 - friday - EE

B: 2 x alpen light bar (b) coffee with skimmed milk (a)
apple (sf)

L: mixed salad leaves (sf) ready to eat chicken tikka (tesco) assuming this is free and v small bit of light mayo - 2 syns

Rose wine - around 18 syns! - woops
D: vegetarian singapore noodles - very dry so not a lot of oil used so say 5 syns, few chips and curry sauce 6 syns?

First BAD day, but had no syns yesterday so hopefully will balance out
HXB: alpen light bars
Syns: 31 :-(

Last edited:
Day 5 Sat - EE

B: 30g all bran yog flakes (b) with 100ml skimmed milk 1/3 a
half an apple cut up (sf)
mug of tea

L: lettuce (sf) toms (sf) onion (sf) sweetcorn, peppers (sf) mayo - 4 syns and few velvet crunch crisps 3? Syns
Water

D: chicken breast, bacon, home made BBQ sauce 5 syns with little grated cheese (a) SW chips, onions (sf) toms (sf)

HXB: All bran
HXA: milk and cheese
Syns: 12

Last edited:
Day 6 - EE

B: 2 x wholemeal (400g loaf) (a) with 2 x bacon and ketchup 1 syn
Mug of tea with dash of skimmed milk 0.5 syns

Apple (sf)

L: salad - lettuce, toms, cucumber (sf) sweetcorn with curried chicken - curry powder and light mayo - 2.5 syns

D: Spanish beef - ex lean mince, cherry toms (sf) jar of pepperdew peppers (sf) onion (sf) garlic, 28g choritzo sausage 2.5 syns paprika, tom purée topped with 28g cheddar cheese (a) with fresh runner beans (sf) and new potatoes

Hxb: wholemeal bread
Hxa: skimmed milk and cheddar
Syns: 6.5

Think I'm doing EE right...hopefully anyway. One more day before weigh in on Tuesday morning, fingers crossed

Last edited:
Final day of first week - day 7 - EE

B: going to try the magic porridge - 30g oats (b) with 150ml fat free nat yog left over night adding mixed frozen berries (sf)

Coffee with skimmed milk an water

L: superspeed soup - carrot, celery, peppers (sf) mixed beans, green lentils, tinned toms (sf) stock and herbs

D: chicken byriani - chicken breast, rice, onion (sf) curry powder, chicken stock, red wine vinegar, Tom purée with frozen peas and green beans (sf)

Coffee with skimmed milk and water

Hxb: porridge
Hxa: skimmed milk in coffee
Syns: 0 - I think

Last edited:
Tuesday 21st

STS - ok so Friday was a slip-up with the rose but over the week total syns has been less than 15 per day...perhaps it doesn't work having more on one day?

If anyone wants to comment on my food for the week, am I doing EE right?

Tuesday - Green

B: 2 x wholemeal (400g loaf) (b) tin of baked beans
mug of decaf tea with skimmed milk

Day 1 Level 1 of 30 day shred

L: new pots, onions dry fried with spices and peas - sort of like Bombay potatoes

Alpen light bar 1/2 b
Coffee with skimmed milk

D: pasta with Tom sauce - garlic, herbs, little white wine (175ml) between 2 so 3 syns and salad leaves and little grated cheese

Hxb: 2 x wholemeal and alpen light bar
Hxa: skimmed milk in tea and cheddar
Syns: 3 - white wine in sauce
Exercise: 30 Day shred L1

Last edited:
I cant advise about your EE days, I've never done it, I was a red day kinda gal when I last did SW. Im re-joining tonight though so will find out more tonight. xx

I cant advise about your EE days, I've never done it, I was a red day kinda gal when I last did SW. Im re-joining tonight though so will find out more tonight. xx

Thanks anyway...good luck tonight. Think i'm going to do green/red this week and see how that goes.

Wednesday - EE

B: magic porridge - liked it the first time :) (b) nat yog and frozen berries (sf)

2 x coffee with skimmed milk (a)
Water

L: superspeed soup (sf)

D: working late so will be something out but will find something good....had haddock with green beans (sf) and new potatoes it had a creamy sauce so not sure of the syns for that...? But this is the only syns of the day so hopefully less than 15!
Diet coke

Hxb: porridge
Hxa: milk in coffee
Syns: Creamy sauce - ???
Exercise: walking

Last edited:
Yeah I think Im going to do red days too - but the leader has explained EE and does want me to try it so.............. hmmmm....... dunno lol x

Thurs 23rd - red

B: porridge (b) with yog and berries (sf)

Coffee with skimmed (a)

L: working lunch so picked out 2 sandwich triangles that were wholemeal with a spicy chicken filling, added some salad leaves and then had strawberries and grapes - so hopefully not too bad perhaps a few for whatever flavouring was on the chicken - gonna say 6 to be safe

Water and coffee

D: so home really late and no shopping...all I had in was pasta so bit of a mess of a day but it was 9 hours after the chicken at lunch so should have been digested so make this a mixed red/green day. Pasta baked in oven with jar of tom and basil sauce - 5 syns? topped with 28g grated cheddar

Hxb: 30g porridge and 1 slice wholemeal
Hxa: milk in coffee and 28g cheese
Syns: 11

Will be better tomorrow

Last edited:
So I weighed myself this morning as I don't feel like i'm loosing any weight and after a poor first week am getting worried - scales showing a 1lb loss at the moment so fingers crossed by Tuesday that might be a little more...

Friday 24th - EE

B: wholemeal bread x 2 (400g loaf) (b) baked beans
2 x mug of tea with dash of skimmed milk and water

L: pasta n sauce cheese and broc - 0.5 syns with added frozen green beans (sf) and frozen peas

Some fruit (when I go shopping)

D: chicken curry - chicken, spices, nat yog, onion , 1/2 tbsp flour 1.5 syns (sf) with boiled rice and at least 1/3 sf vegetables (sf)
Homemade onion barji's - onion (sf) chickpeas, potato, egg, spices

HXB: 2 x wholemeal
HXA: skimmed milk in tea/coffee
Syns: 2 syns

Last edited:
Sat - red day

B: 30g all bran yog flakes (b) with strawberries and 100ml skimmed milk 1/3 a

Mug of decaff tea

L: 2 cups of coffee with semi skimmed milk and a mr Kipling angel slice - 7.5 syns! Won't be having another one of those!!!

D: homemade burgers - ex lean mince, onion, paprika, cumin, egg. Bacon (fat removed) 28g cheddar cheese (a) and wholemeal roll (b) with salad and BBQ sauce - 2 syns

Hxb: all bran and wholemeal roll
Hxa: milk and cheddar cheese
Syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Sunday - EE

B: 2 x wholemeal from 400g loaf (b) 3 bacon (fat removed) 2 eggs scrambled and 2 fresh tomatoes sliced and grilled (sf)

Mug of decaf tea with skimmed milk (a)

L: skinny cappuccino and water - ended up too late to eat before early dinner as out tonight

D: Paella - chicken thighs, rice, peppers (sf) green beans (sf) onions (sf) garlic, paprika, 28g choritzo 2.5 syns

Hxb: 2 x wholemeal
Hxa: skimmed milk
Syns: 20.5

Out tonight for friends bday, plan on only having 2 glasses of wine taking me up to 14.5 for the day, but will report back tomorrow....so I actually had 3 glasses in total so 18 but have had less than 10 the last few days so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Bank holiday Monday - tbc

B: all bran yog flakes (b) with strawberries (sf) and mug of decaf tea

Off to families for dinner so will just have to be as good as possible before weigh in tomorrow

It was chicken roast dinner with all the trimmings, not going to try and work out the syns. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'll start a new week from there!

Last edited:
Tuesday end of week 2

28.08.12 - lost 2 lbs so now 10.6

Am pleased but after a STS I was hoping for more, if anyone has any words of wisdom please share.....

Tuesday 28th - Green

B: 30g porridge (b) with 150ml nat ff yog and sweetner

water

L: superspeed soup (sf) and wholemeal roll (b)

2 x coffee with dash of milk

D: boiled rice, frozen peas and kidney beans in chili sauce with salad and 28g grated cheddar (a)

Bottle of water whilst working out in London - lots of walking!

Hxb: porridge and wholemeal roll
hxa: cheese and milk in coffee
syns: 0 I think...
Exercise: walking

Last edited:
Wednesday - green

B: 2 x alpen light bar (b) on the train with a large coffee with skimmed milk (a)

L: jacket potato with beans and cheese prob both a and b as looked quite a lot...

Small peice of rock - 3?!?

D: wholemeal pasta, homemade tom sauce - tinned toms, onion, garlic and herbs, green beans

Hxb: 2 x alpen light and cheese
Hxa: skimmed milk and cheese
Syns: 3ish

Last edited:
Back