Tinsel's food diary

Tinsel81

I have started this week but using my old materials and without a food directory: hope I haven't made too make mistakes! I am tracking syns weekly, gave myself 70 for the week.

Tuesday: Green Day

Breakfast:
HE B shredded wheat
HE A milk

Lunch:
Syn-free tomato soup
HE B bread
Clementine

Dinner:
HE B olive oil 6 syns
Syn-free chips
Egg
4 x Quorn sausages
Mushy peas

Snacks:
Banana x 2
HE A milk
Walkers French Fries 4syns

Total: 10 syns

Last edited:
Wednesday: Green Day

Breakfast:
HE B wholemeal roll
Quorn bacon rashers x 3 1.5 syns
Brown sauce 1tbsp 1 syns

Lunch:
Quorn spaghetti bolognese
HE A cheese
Clementine

Dinner:
Banana
Peas

Snacks:
HE A milk
Banana

Total: 2.5 syns

Last edited:
Thursday: Green Day

Breakfast:
HE B shredded wheat
Banana

Lunch:
Salad
Clementine
HE A cheese

Dinner:
HE B bread
Veg and barley stew
175ml white wine 6.5 syns
Clementine

Snacks:
HE A milk
Hartley's low cal jelly pot 0.5 syns
WeightWatchers yogurt
Tesco choc chip cookie 2.5 syns

Total: 9.5 syns

Last edited:
Friday: Green Day

Breakfast:
HE A milk
Banana
HE B Ready Brek + Ryvita
Raspberries

Lunch:
Veg and barley stew
Melon

Dinner:
Pasta bake
HE A cheese
Salad

Snacks:
Clementine
Crackerbread x 2 2 syns
HE B low-fat houmous
Carrot
Quorn ham slices
WeightWatchers yogurt
WeightWatchers choc bar 4 syns
Wine 29.5 syns

Total: 35.5 syns

Last edited:
Saturday: Green Day

Breakfast:
HE B Ready Brek + Ryvita
Banana
Blueberries
HE A milk
Cottage cheese
Quorn ham slices

Lunch:
Veg soup with macaroni, barley and chickpeas
HE B wholemeal roll
Clementine
WeightWatchers yogurt

Dinner:
Pasta bake
Salad
Grapes

Snacks:
Melon
Thin dairy milk 5.5 syns
Fruit salad

Total: 5.5 syns

Last edited:
Sunday: Green Day

Breakfast:
Banana
Grapes
Melon
Quorn sausage
Egg
Brown sauce 1tbsp 1 syn
Baked beans

Lunch:
HE B bread
Jacket potato
Cottage cheese
Salad
Grapes
HE A cheese

Dinner:
Sunday roast (Quorn pepper steaks x 2, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots, steamed green beans and broccoli)
HE B olive oil
Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire pud 2.5 syns
Bisto Best Onion gravy 140ml 2 syns
WeightWatchers yogurt

Snacks:
HE A milk

Total: 5.5 syns

Really enjoyed my green day today! Everything I made was delicious and I enjoyed my lovely syns too: I broke a big bar of Galaxy choc into squares and froze it. Squares worked out at 2.5 syns for two: I had 10 squares throughout the day, and because they were frozen they lasted longer.

Breakfast
Latte made with 200ml skimmed milk (HEA with the other 150ml used in coffee throughout the day)
Banana
Hifi bar (HEB)

Lunch
"Orange soup" (made with veg which needed using up, roasted in Fry Light and then whizzed with stock: small butternut squash, small pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, fresh ginger, garlic, red onion, with pearl barley, macaroni and lentils added at the end to make it chunky)
Wholemeal roll (HEB)
Two WeightWatchers fruit yogurts
Hartleys jelly pot (0.5 syns)

Tea
Quorn spaghetti bolognese (Quorn mince, courgettes, carrots, green beans, onion, garlic, passata, herbs, spaghetti)
HEA choice cheese in two parts (three Laughing Cow Extra Light cheese triangles mixed in with the bolognese sauce and 21g of low fat cheddar on top)
Mixed fruit salad with WeightWatchers peach yogurt on top (overdone the yogurts a bit today!)

Snacks
2 x Ryvita crackerbreads with Quorn ham on top (2 syns)
10 squares Galaxy choc from a 125g bar (12.5 syns)
Plum

Total: 15 syns

Last edited:
food today looks lovely and not too much i dont think, ive eaten more than that today and am worried ive ruined my chances of a weight loss. this is my first week back on plan having tried it for 2 weeks a few months ago. im enjoying it so far, are you?

Looks like you are doing well, your diary has given me some great ideas. I'm going to try quorn spaghetti Bol tomorrow with laughing cow light triangles :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! I am really enjoying it so far - which just makes me paranoid I can't be losing weight! But we will see after my WI on Monday.

MrsWilsoncroft: I think I do eat a fair amount of veg, I usually have salad or other superfree veg with lunch and tea, but yesterday I put loads in the soup (two squashes, large carrot, large onion) and in the spag bol (two courgettes, a large carrot, large onion, tin of green beans and carton of passata) so I didn't have any on the side. Normally I would have more fruit too, but I've managed to eat it all (and I bought loads during my shop at the weekend!).

Well tinsel.. I've lost thre pounds which just goes to show.. Sw works even when you eat like a little piggy oink oink..
X

Ok, well today was another Green day, mostly eating up yesterday's leftovers so not much different. Going to do some EE later this week I think, and treat myself to a bit of fish (only meat I eat).

Breakfast
28g Ready Brek (HEB)
150ml skimmed milk (HEA, with rest in coffee throughout the day)
Sliced banana and handful of blueberries on top
Ryvita with cottage cheese and Quorn ham slice on top

Lunch
More "orange soup"
Wholemeal bread roll (HEB)
Half a pack of frozen Tesco fruit salad with a WeightWatchers yogurt on top

Tea
Quorn spag bol (today I used half white, half wholewheat spag for extra fibre. Not as nice as yesterday as managed to burn sauce while reheating!)
42g low-fat cheese (HEA)

Snacks
Homemade houmous with couscous and carrot sticks (made it a bit watery so stirred in some couscous soaked in stock to thicken it)
2 squares Galaxy choc (2.5 syns)

Total: 3 syns

Last edited:
Breakfast
Latte made with 200ml skimmed milk (HEA with rest in coffee throughout the day)
Banana
Hi-fi (HEB)

Lunch
Chickpea puree couscous and salad
WeightWatchers raspberry yogurt

Tea
Veg curry (potatoes, carrot, onion, pile of cabbage, spinach, green beans, puy lentils, sauce made with passata and spices)
Mixture of white and brown boiled rice

Snack
Snack attack today! Not much fruit in so had to improvise.
Orange soup with bread roll (HEB - got hungry mid-morning so finished off rest of my soup from two days ago)
Potato shells and cottage cheese (instead of peeling potatoes for my curry, I cut them in half and scooped balls out with a melon baller then cooked the empty shells and had as a snack filled with cottage cheese)
10 squares of Galaxy (12.5 syns - starting to regret ever buying this now, far too moreish!)
175ml dry white wine (6 syns)

Total: 19 syns

Extra Easy today, just for a change!

Breakfast
2 x Alpen Light bars (HEB)
Huuuuge fruit salad that kept me full for ages (melon balls, kiwi balls, strawberries, grapes, banana, clementine)
WeightWatchers strawberry tart yogurt on top

Lunch
Vegetable and ginger soup (In this were carrots, onions, potato, sweet potato, courgette)
Portion of leftover curry and rice
Handful of grapes with low-fat natural yogurt on top, served in the scooped-out melon shell I balled earlier

Tea
2 x salmon fillets
Parsley sauce from a SW recipe in the Super Saucy book (2 syns for a double helping)
New potatoes
Green beans
Veg roasted with fresh rosemary (aubergine, courgette, parsnip - not superfree I know so had less of it)

Snacks
350ml skimmed milk in coffee and tea (HEA)
2 x squares of Galaxy (2.5 syns)
White wine (6 syns for one 175ml glass - so far!)
Clementine

Total: 10.5 syns (though probably a few more when I finish with the wine! Still have 20 left to last till Tuesday, as counting weekly)

Back