Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Mix equal parts of plain flour and cornflour(about 2 dessert spoons each) and add half teaspoon bread soda. I also add half teaspoon curry powder or Chinese 5 spice. Add enough water to make a batter. I cut 1 cm thick discs aubergine then cut in half or quarters depending on how big they are. Just dip the aubergine into the batter and deep fry. Cauliflower done this way is even nicer.

Ooo, easy enough and sounds really nice..thanks for posting X

Got the Wii fixed but to late to weigh in (meals eaten).
Well I never fit any shopping done. Had a meeting at 11am and bumped into an ex colleague (from the country house) on the way so had a catch up with her. Meeting stuff sorted quickly and became a general chat about my interview tomorrow and the organisation its with. Called my friend to say I would be late and stopped to get diesel, then met another ex colleague from my teaching job so had a catch up with her. Finally got to my friend and we spent hours yapping. Just home now and have had a sandwich and some soup and need to spend the evening now quickly learning about new European data protection regulations.
Clothes sorted for tomorrow.

Good luck for tomorrow Tippy..will be thinking of you ((X))

Ouch ouch ouch...I've hurt my back and don't know how. I woke up during the night with a very sore tail bone and its getting worse. It feels like I fell down the stairs or fell on my tail bone but I didn't. I'm very short but my spine isn't quite as short as me and so I have a prominent tail bone. I can sit properly or lie on my back and walking is sore. Getting up and down is uncomfortable. I thought about having a bath but can't climb into it. Just having breakfast and will take some Nurofean. I was going to sit and knit today, that won't happen. I didn't fall or bang off anything. The only thing I can think of is i was sitting on a very uncomfortable wooden chair for the interview yesterday

Interview went well but I still think they may want someone younger and possible someone with marketing experience which I don't. They want someone three days a week but also available to attend weekend events, they seemed concerned about this so I mentioned that I am not tied to small children, school hours or child minders. Obviously they are not allowed ask this but I thought it would be in my favour to say it. Will know before Xmas.

Then I went for acupuncture and discovered that my acupuncturist knows the person who has just left the job and she doesn't know why she left.

Oh no your poor back! Must have been the chair...hope it's eased up now.

Good luck for the job. People leave jobs for all sorts of reasons so I wouldn't worry about that. And they wouldn't have interviewed you if they didn't think you could do the job.

Thanks. The person doing the job was doing it for about 10 years and left shortly after a new manager started.

Back still bad, lying on my side on the couch watching Dowton Abbey and drinking herbal tea
Don't laugh and may be too much information but farting hurts.

Still sore. Spent the whole day just lying on my side keeping pressure of it but no change. Nurofean did nothing so won't bother with it

A bruised coccyx takes a while to mend, just keep resting (not that you have much choice, I'm guessing!) - what about applying ibuprofen gel to your lower back?

Thanks....still compainig here sorry. I took Nurofean and it didn't seem to.do any good but neither did resting. Didn't occur to me to take arnica until I found some while looking for something else. Anyway have taken arnica and will for next few days and will take recommended dose of Nurofean today and see if it gives any improvement. Will check for pain gel. Really annoyed as I cant sit si I can't drive either. Lots of things to do for Xmas including presents still to buy (waiting to get paid and now too late for online shopping). And I haven't finished the mermaid blanket yet....not sure if I will manage it.
I'll give it one more day and see if I feel any improvement.
Thanks

Arnica is a success. Two hours after taking it pain had dulled slightly. I cleaned the kitchen and could walk to feed the animals. Would like to be able to drive tomorrow but if I can move and walk and then drive by Wednesday I'm happy.

Oh Tipp that is good news! I could hear the frustration in your voice about not being able to do anything when you've got so much to get through - hopefully you're ready to do the 100 minute mile today! :)

Leaving getting out until tomorrow. Sharp pain is gone but pain still there. I can walk but sitting still bad.

Hi Tipperary, hope you don't mind me posting I 'see' you about minis a lot in other people's diaries so thought I would come and say hello. Well done on your weight loss so far :)

Thanks @Clareel . I'm on a bit of break.from shrinking right now but will be back with a bang mid January

No great improvement at all. Drove to town yesterday and it was very painful. Two more pressies to buy and all sorted. Writing list for food shopping now for Xmas and was hoping to do that tomorrow. Am dropping baby Oscar and his dad to visit other granny tomorrow then daughter one is going to do the shopping with me and come back and help with house work, she will clean bathrooms and floors.

Feeling like my life is on hold, am waiting to hear about job today that I interviewed for last Friday. Almost panicking as while I really did want it now all I can see are the disadvantages of getting it.

Spent morning in the kitchen and now have 6 dozen mince pies. 1 is cooked and the remainder gone into the freezer and will bake as needed. Taking a rest now and then the plan is to prepare chicken wings and Scotch eggs and get them into the freezer.
Xmas for us is buffet meal Christmas eve and then a sit down meal Xmas day so trying to get as much prep done as I can. Will be 6 adults and Oscar this year

Still haven't heard about job, they said they would be informing everyone today. I've changed my mind again and decided I do want it. Feeling sick with anticipation/anxiety.

All day in kitchen has resulted in 6 dozen mince pies, 2 dozen sticky sesame chicken wings, 18 sausages rolls and 12 scotch eggs. Well a version of Scotch egg. I made a yeast bread dough and rolled it into 12 circles. Each is stuffed with sausage meat (seasoned with thyme and cranberries) and half boiled egg. Then dough folded over and they will be baked. Sort of an automatic sausage and egg sandwich.

Only baking left I need to do is gingerbread. Might do that in Saturday as it doesn't last

Oh your poor love, it's awful waiting to hear about a job - all fingers and toes crossed!

You have done a serious amount of work at home for the meals! :eek:. I know you probably think it's got to be done because no one else will do it - but I hope you were taking proper breaks and slapping on the arnica xx

Still no word, I'm guessing that means they have offered it to someone else but they haven't confirmed yet they want it.

You have done a serious amount of work at home for the meals! :eek:. I know you probably think it's got to be done because no one else will do it - but I hope you were taking proper breaks and slapping on the arnica xx

Thanks, its not that I'm worried it wont get done but it because I enjoy it. I love Christmas and all the cooking. It is so important to me that food is good, plentiful and homemade. 23rd dec is normally cleaning all day and 24th cooking. The Christmas starts at 6pm Christmas eve and I like to have everything prepared before then.
Daughter one here now cleaning the bathrooms and floors for me. I have the stuffing made now, HUGELY important in our house and I have some garlic soup on as I made some chicken stock last night

Back