Tipperary wobbles into 2024

How are things Tippy?

Have you had time to watch the latest ABF? I was nearly in tears a few times! I would so like to meet that family, they're lovely:) X

Hi Tibbs, yep I've been watching it. Looks like they will be on the move soon enough. I missed the episode about why they settled in brown town and don't know if they own the land or not. I was wondering why don't they sell the cabin.

They left the place they lived prior to Brown Town due to the locals not liking the camera crew around. They had just completed the cabin and there were shots fired through the night that really worried them. They bought the land where brown town is. They've not mentioned selling the land or the cabin..they are all absolutely loaded. I liked the way they gave the boat away rather than selling it, that was a lovely gesture from a lovely family. I've read that Ami is very ill now, they are in a mansion in Beverley Hills so she's near the hospital, and also that filming is starting in Colorado so they must be setting up a new Brown Town there...I sound a total ABP freak:D X

Thanks, I watched the bit about them leaving and then getting a new boat that sank but it was finding and settling in browntown that I missed

Cold day here again. We had extremely heavy rain on Saturday night instead of the forecast snow and then some snow from 7am to about lunchtime. Frost overnight again has frozen the last of the snow. The stream is about to burst its banks again but with rhw depth and the cold it is just too dangerous to try to clear it today
In a major slump.again, I just can't seem to get any energy or desire to do much. Too cold to walk or cycle and still don't want to swim in case shoulder gets put out, I need to keep it sorted for driving to Dublin
Porridge on for breakfast and then I have another job application to get done today. This one is a CV and letter of application rather than a competency based form. Easier but will have to think hard about the letter as my experience for this job is more based on voluntary work than paid. It is only a 3 day a week job, very low paid and over an hours drive each way but I would much rather it that any of the public service jobs I have applied for. Its kind of an environment development thingy...much more me.
Breakfast first, have a good day all and stay warm.

Today I am wearing

Old sports bra
Long sleeve stretchy t shirt
Warm track suit bottoms
A sleeveless jumper that I knit a few u are ago andcrairly wear as it makes me look roundy but I needed something warm on my back and shoulders

Sitting knitting and I've watched Kirstys homemade Xmas and now a re run of GBBO. Bit annoyed with kirstys as the two crafts she showed us to make were repeats from her first programme. Knitting mermaid blanket, about 3/feet long and need another 2 feet to go.
Sent off 2 job applications today, that's 4 now in the past few weeks. 1 for a job I would love and 3 for jobs my husband would love me to have as its permanent and pensionable. Job I want however is low pay and spec listed enthusiastic a number of times both if which suggest they are looking for someone young
I was and still am in a bit of a slump but realised I need to drag myself out of it if I am to have some interviews in January. I had two new jobs in 2017 neither of which I could have done if I was still at the size/low self esteem/lack of health I was in March.

Well done on getting all those job apps done, they can take it out of you!

Sorry you're feeling a bit ho hum but you're so right to focus on all the good stuff that has happened, and know that more good stuff is coming!

You'll get a job you love, the house stuff - and all your house guests - will all get sorted, and you can really start to focus back on you xx

Well they would be sensible choices....nope, I'm doing it in DJ

You must have some patience Tippy..It would take me forever in DK, plus you must have a million stitches! What colour are you doing?
Sending you a bunch of balloons to help lift you back to your chirpy self ((X))
image.jpeg

Thanks....I have decided that my slump will end and tomorrow us a new beginning. I have a day at home today and will clean the kitchen and sort our food. Will make a shopping list and get organised for a good plan between now and Xmas.
Still frustrated over not having a plan for my birthday. Apparently darling husband has been looking at booking a holiday but has left it too late to get something suitable. I've told him that I feel its too late now for me to be ready (meaning be a size I want) for a holiday. Will know either way this weekend.

If you break it down Tippy it's only 4lb to take you down to 11st, maybe try aiming for that for your birthday? I think at this time of year any loss is magnificent as it's oh so hard as routines disappear and are replaced by goodies, so even if you only lose 0.5 you're fantastic. In fact I'll join you in aiming to lose 2lb on the run up to Christmas.. I'm sure we could wee that out if we drink plenty of water :D and the other 2lb from Christmas to January. Are you in? It would help me too if you are :)Reach that and you're only a hop skip and a jump to target. X

I reckon its more than 2lb but will weigh in tomorrow. Thanks for the buck up...I appreciate it.
Just had home made chicken sushi and aubergine tempura for lunch.

Guess what, job interview on Friday for the job I applied for Monday.

Yay..brilliant news about your interview...the sun is shining on you :)
Lunch sounds nice, how do you make aubergine tempura? X

Mix equal parts of plain flour and cornflour(about 2 dessert spoons each) and add half teaspoon bread soda. I also add half teaspoon curry powder or Chinese 5 spice. Add enough water to make a batter. I cut 1 cm thick discs aubergine then cut in half or quarters depending on how big they are. Just dip the aubergine into the batter and deep fry. Cauliflower done this way is even nicer.

Woohoo all fingers and toes crossed for Friday!!!!

Love Tibbs's idea of a small target for Christmas - sounds very sensible to me (she says, stuffing her face with ginger snaps).

OK busy day today.
I have a meeting in town at 11am and am sure daughter wants a lift to do her shoppinf. While in town I am meeting with an old school friend. Then I've to do my food shopping and some Xmas shopping. Home then and need to do lots of research for tomorrow's interview. Only applied this Monday and interview tomorrow and has caught me unprepared for one aspect of it so late night reading tonight. Then sort out some clothes for it, its totally not corporate, all t shirts wellies and jeans with some of the more glamorous women in a cotton shirt. I have Navy chino type trousers, nice shirt and navy jacket. I need to figure out footwear as the car park is very muddy....a pair of boots but then I look short. Also need to figure out my hair. I only dyed it on Tuesday so its glowing orange. That's not too bad but it needs to be either cut or professionally blow dried to not look like a fuzzy mane and I can't get an appointment.

Anyway, will figure that out later.
So today is day one of three good days (hopefully all the running around won't throw me off).
Planning on porridge for breakfast and lots of mint tea and green tea.
I made leek and potato soup last night and also Rosemary and garlic bread so lunch and part of dinner sorted for today.
Don't think I will fit any exercise in though.

Talk later

Well not quite as planned. Went to use Wii to weigh in and dropped it and broke it. Had to walk away from it. Will check later to see if its fixable.

Back