Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks, will have a look at them.

Its old re runs of ABP on in the morning, the new season is on Thursday nights with Ami in hospital and most of the show just catch ups or bits not seen before from all seasons.

Up and having breakfast, ham on toast. Working my way back to being vegan...will empty the fridge and then go shopping.
Heavy frost here so have car running to clear the windows and need to head off for accupuncture then. Need to see if I have a clean track suit, many of the needles go in my legs so need something loose I can roll up, the hands and lower arms and lots in my ears. She puts one right in the crown of my head which she says "eases the mind", I say it " let's the devil out".

Talk later

Some needles do and some don't. Its a teeny sting but sometimes it feels like an electric shock that runs through your nerves. Apparently that's a good thing as it shows its working. At times you can get the same feeling when its been taken out. Its nothing like getting an injection, more like a quick nettle sting. I got needles in my feet, lower legs, hands, inside elbow, belly, face, head and ears yesterday. Funny, before I ever started I always thought it was mainly the back that got needled.
The lady I go to is excellent and very intuitive. She also does laser therapy for pain and cupping for chesty problems...cured me of a chest infection twice.

My soon to be ex-SIL is a physio and he does acupuncture, I somehow never trusted him that it wouldn't hurt:D

Morning all. Have had a busy week and am heading up to Dublin today to see Mam and chat to sister about what we need to do for her. Dad just isn't coping at all. I have 36 frozen homemade meals ready for them that will go from the freezer to microwave. Not looking forward to the two hour drive.

Got some good news from our solicitor, our own home is now safe. The banks solicitor has finally dropped Mondays court case...6 months and they wait until the very last minute. This has cost us €1000 in solicitor fees, money that would have really helped the mortgage. Other case still going on so not out of the woods yet but can love my home again and make plans for it and our garden.

Will be busy between now and mid January so have decided to give diet a break for about 6 weeks. I'm not going to pig outvor anything but won't be strict with myself. I'm not going to reach my birthday target but as we have no plans for it I'm not overly bothered. I will weigh in tomorrow morning and hope to be within a kilo of that mid January when I can start with a vengeance again.

Big clean up tomorrow and then plan on starting Christmas decorations. Then we need to start decorating and moving furniture for daughters move, ibrwckon about 8 weeks away as it is waiting on a plumber.

As well as knowing our house is safe I have been asked to allow my garden be used for a social farming project. I need to attend the training but it has given me added impetuous to sort out the garden, it has been neglected all 2017. So I have advertised for volunteers to come and stay in January and February to help me sort it out...so our family will grow even more as the volunteers (usually French) will be living with us.

I'll still be popping in and out, I just won't be as diet focussed for a while.

Morning Tippy!

I was wondering how things were going - such great news on the house, but how very frustrating of them to leave it until the last minute! But typical, I guess.

You are a very good daughter, looking after your mum and dad so well. Men never cope well in those sorts of circumstances, I think they just feel helpless - so all the meals will make life easier for your dad, one less thing to worry about.

And I hear you completely on the diet plan pause, you have just got so much going on, AND it's Christmas, plus the house will be bursting with people - so a good idea to put it on hold.

Big hugs and please do keep coming in and posting, I wanna hear all your news!

Thanks, was exhausted last night when I got home but Mam definitly perked up having me there. She gets very agitated around Dad and it causes all sorts of mental health issues for her. But he is only doing his best for her. I took 36 freezer to microwave meals up. Tried 4 times yesterday to get her to eat and she wouldn't. Now I've been told she won't eat reheated potato. She has a number of dietary but potato shouldn't be one. Am trying to research it and if not will call her doctor. All she eats is toast.
Having breakfast and regardless of being on or off plan I need to start taking my smoothies with all the goodies in them again as I can already feel the lack of magnesium and vit b.

Help wanted

12 foot Xmas tree and 4 foot 11 woman

Oh how stressful for you, with your ma not wanting to eat! Is it just because she doesn't like potatoes reheated?

And sorry but your comment about the tree made me snort with laughter - how are you getting on with it? :)

She has a medical.condition were she can't eat gluten (not coeliac, another one with a long name that I can't spell) so can't have wheat oats barley or rye. But she is convinced someone told her not to eat reheated rice or potato so she won't. I know reheated rice has some risk ( when wrongly prepared and left to stand warm) but never heard of a riskbwith potato and even the rice risk is not related to her condition. I'm trying to research it but getting nowhere.

One small Xmas is up and decorated. One very large tree is up and daughter one is coming today for ladder holding duty.

Arms scratched, legs cramping and back sore but we have three Christmas trees now up. Lots of tidying to do and then I can start final Xmas planning.....menus, last presents etc. Was amazon shopping this morning but no money in bank account so off to make lodgement and sort that.

Email acknowledging my 26 page job application received and email inviting me to apply for same job in another area. You get to specify 3 geographical areas, I have applied for my third choice, now invited to apply for my first choice and didn't meet the requirements for my second choice (means lots of people more clever than me).
Also, do you remember job I applied for 3 weeks ago, I meet the caretaker who made sure it got into the correct office on time. Well got an email last night saying it was an internal job offer only open to current and past education employees. They mustn't have had any applications as it is now an open competition and they have said they will now process my application and it was publicly advertised this morning. I returned an email thanking them but pointing out I have worked for them for 20 years so should have qualified in the first round, it will be interesting to see their response. I only received the original email as they have me on the staff list....silly people.

Gosh, you've a lot going on Tippy. So pleased about your home being ok..massive relief for everyone. What a worry about your Mam and especially when she's barely eating. Nightmare trying to kick start someone's appetite again. When I was looking after my Gran I was at my wits end thinking she would starve, what worked was sitting down with a booklet of the ready meals that get delivered to your home (no intentions of doing this) and getting her to point out what she fancied ordering. Funnily enough the things she fancied were things she'd not normally eat! She still ate only a tiny amount but better than the crackers she wanted to exist on.
I've not heard anything either about reheated potato but I do think it's got a funny taste, especially if done in micro, and I can't eat it.
I was laughing my head off at your help wanted post:D visions of a tiny you doing battle with a giant tree had me in stitches..sorry, but funny:D
Fingers crossed about your job applications and hopefully you'll be interviewed and land one of them..best of luck ((X)) when are the closing dates? X

Wow it's all going on for you on the job front - all sounds a bit disorganised though, especially the last place, particularly as you'd worked there for so long!

But let's hope it results in the perfect job for you and you can focus on you for a bit and not worry about the other stuff xxx

With this

Needs to be ironed but am hoping the heat in the kitchen will do it as I'm too lazyView media item 4834

Back