to booze or not to booze???

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
Well went to a party last night so boozed for the first time since starting sw! feel well rough today:eek: I did save lot's of syns but still feel realy guilty for drinking sooooo much!! Do any of you like a drink every week and if so can you get away with it if you stay within your sins for the week?? had 8 35ml vodka's worked out at around 36 syns! Well wont know the effect till tues weigh in i suppose!!

I'm the same. I haven't drunk since I started slimming world next month but am going out next saturday for a party and will definitely be drinking. I'm just going to save my syns up and hope for the best. If I do gain a bit I'll know why. I'm not a drink every weekend kind of person anyway so hopefully I'll be able to claw it back.

There are people in my group who drink every weekend and some in the week as well and they are all managing to lose with it. I think as long as you account for it and don't go too overboard it isn't a problem.

Well i've only been on SW for a month now but when i did have a blow out, (about 7 double vodka and diet cokes) i only lost a lb that week which wasn't great! But i'm up for other two massive nights out this week so i'll have to see if it effects my loss next week! :D

Lol. I had a night Where I planned to flexisyn and I still lost weight. I felt a little guilty but it was one night. I had a great time and also felt rough the next day! I try to avoid alcohol but I have It if I want It. Usually Just one or two. Don't worry. If ur not doing It everyday u will be fine!

I'm the same. I haven't drunk since I started slimming world next month but am going out next saturday for a party and will definitely be drinking. I'm just going to save my syns up and hope for the best. If I do gain a bit I'll know why. I'm not a drink every weekend kind of person anyway so hopefully I'll be able to claw it back.

There are people in my group who drink every weekend and some in the week as well and they are all managing to lose with it. I think as long as you account for it and don't go too overboard it isn't a problem.

Yes my slimming buddy drinks like a fish every weekend and still looses, but then i think because she has done it from week 1 is her body used to it? paranoid or what!! lol, I did measure the amount i had saved in points out so to keep on track! And because im either sad or very int he diet zone i took a bowl of my own syn free food!!!:D

Well i've only been on SW for a month now but when i did have a blow out, (about 7 double vodka and diet cokes) i only lost a lb that week which wasn't great! But i'm up for other two massive nights out this week so i'll have to see if it effects my loss next week! :D

hey if i still lost 1lb i would be pleased!! Think im gonna lay off the booze now till im at target!! I suppose it slows it down a little! But i did rely enjoy myself!! lol

Oh and I forgot to add that I had WAY more drinks than u did! So u should be fine!

hey if i still lost 1lb i would be pleased!! Think im gonna lay off the booze now till im at target!! I suppose it slows it down a little! But i did rely enjoy myself!! lol my slimming buddy drinks like a fish every weekend and still looses, but then i think because she has done it from week 1 is her body used to it? paranoid or what!! lol, I did measure the amount i had saved in points out so to keep on track! And because im either sad or very in the diet zone i took a bowl of my own syn free food!!!

Before i started SW i liked a few drinks on the weekend. I kept putting off starting SW due to my b.day, friends b.days ect then i thought just go for it! in my first week (last week) i drank friday, sat, sun and monday valentines day as my partner had a long weekend. I had no syns just kept them for the drink. I used to drink beer, wine, liqueurs but i swapped these for vodka 2.5 syns for 25ml and had a fair few and i still lost 2lbs. This week i have only drank Saturday night so hopefully my loss will be the same or more this week.

Before i started SW i liked a few drinks on the weekend. I kept putting off starting SW due to my b.day, friends b.days ect then i thought just go for it! in my first week (last week) i drank friday, sat, sun and monday valentines day as my partner had a long weekend. I had no syns just kept them for the drink. I used to drink beer, wine, liqueurs but i swapped these for vodka 2.5 syns for 25ml and had a fair few and i still lost 2lbs. This week i have only drank Saturday night so hopefully my loss will be the same or more this week.

hey well done it's sometimes hard when you get lots of invites to occasions and party's and they do say to work it around your life! I think i like to use my syn's for little treats through the week and have found it harder to save them for booze!!

I stopped drinking pretty much altogether since I started. Was away last weekend at the rugby tho, and weekend away with bf so had to be sociable. We were drinking pints from 11am all day Sat and most of Sunday. Amongst all that I ate what I liked and didn't think about syns once. I only gained half lb however I have a horrible feeling the rest may catch up with me this week at WI...

Booze or no booze

[FONT=&quot]I cut out wine and I hope it will make a difference

Joined Slimming World Sept 2012[/FONT]

Week 1 -6
Week 2-5 -2
Week 6-10 -7.5
Week 11-17 -2.5
Week
Week

10/2/11 Total 17 lbs

[FONT=&quot]Mini aims [/FONT]
Go under 15 stone
Reach 10%
Lose 1 stone by Easter

Last edited:
Ive been trying to bank syns for the weekends and have one day such as a saturday where i can have a treat as i think trying to cut out everything is just going to make me fall off the wagon. I can be good in the week as i'm on maternity leave and with me being on my toes all day looking after my little one and housework then i dont really have time to think about being bad on the diet, i just about have time to cook dinner. Weekends my partner is home and he can eat anything and still have a body to die for, so the temptation is there when i see him eating and drinking and i have a lot more opportunities to sit, relax and munch.

Ive been trying to bank syns for the weekends and have one day such as a saturday where i can have a treat as i think trying to cut out everything is just going to make me fall off the wagon. I can be good in the week as i'm on maternity leave and with me being on my toes all day looking after my little one and housework then i dont really have time to think about being bad on the diet, i just about have time to cook dinner. Weekends my partner is home and he can eat anything and still have a body to die for, so the temptation is there when i see him eating and drinking and i have a lot more opportunities to sit, relax and munch.

Yes typical man mines the same!! makes you sick!! lol

Well went to a party last night so boozed for the first time since starting sw! feel well rough today:eek: I did save lot's of syns but still feel realy guilty for drinking sooooo much!! Do any of you like a drink every week and if so can you get away with it if you stay within your sins for the week?? had 8 35ml vodka's worked out at around 36 syns! Well wont know the effect till tues weigh in i suppose!!

I think not to drink for me now!!! been to weigh in tonight and stayed the same!! Oh well i know i haven't gone over my sin's but I just don't think it's worth it!! I think i get more out of loosing than boozing!! :break_diet:

Back