Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Toad In The Hole

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes' started by Mets, 17 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Morning :)

I've found the recipe on the WW app for Toad In The Hole which is 8pp each serving. However, my sausages that I'm using are a bit more PP than the recipe says. So I tried to edit it in the recipe builder but it comes out at 33pp per serving! Which isn't right :(

Could someone tell me how much a basic Yorkshire batter is in PP and also how much Yorkshire that makes??? I'm having 2 sausages and my fella is having 4 so need quite a bit I think??? I've never made this dish before so I have no clue about how much batter to use???

I don't understand the recipe builder!!! Thank you :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tonic

Tonic Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    My yorkie mix serves 4 people and comes out at 4pp per serving.... Its basically

4oz plain flour
    2 eggs
    8 fl oz skim milk

If I'm doing toad in the hole I use this much for 2 of us, but divide it into 3 (other half gets 2 portions, I get 1) which brings the batter out at 6pp plus the pps for the sausages - if that makes sense?

4. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks tonic. What I've done is used the WW recipe and added the extra points for the sausages. Should be ok that way I think. I can't wait! It's cooking as we speak..... Mmmmmm! Thanks again for your response :) x

5. Angellore

Angellore Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I actually found that the batter mix packs you buy and add water and egg to are lower than making your own. I have used both the sainsbury's basics and asda smart price mixes (both a bargain 9p each!) and they are just 7pp for the pack plus 2pp for the egg! So just 2pp per serving if there's four of you. Must admit dh and I just have it between the two of us cos we're fiends for toad! The Yorkshire rises wonderfully and tastes great. I make it with Sainsbury's be good to yourself frozen sausages (I defrost them first) and they are 2pp each.

6. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow! Thanks for that, I'll defo give the pre-mixed stuff a try. It was so damn delish that we're having it again this week :D

Great tip! Thank you x

7. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I bought a couple of packets of the Basics one in case my OH demanded pancakes the other week - he didn't so I used it to make 12 indvidual yorkshires and they rose a treat and were really nice. I worked it out to be 1pps per yorkie. We had one each and the rest are in the freezer - at 7p fraction of the price of Aunt Bessies! Will have to have a go at a toad.

8. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    couldnt you make some mini yorkie puds with the cheap mix and put a wee cocktail sausage in em? or would that be daft? just something different :D

9. Angellore

Angellore Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That is a fantastic idea. Or cut a normal low fat sausage into 4 and put a piece in each. I know what I'm going to be trying next time!

10. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yum! And the idea of cutting a sausage up is great too :)

11. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Right, this is my dinner tonight :D

I bought one of the packet mixes from Tesco (7p ;-) ) can someone tell me if I work this out correctly....

Per 100g
    Protein -7.8
    Carbs - 35.0
    Fat - 6.2
    Fibre - 2.5

The whole pack is 128g so I work that out as 8pp. Plus 1 egg is 10pp for the batter.

I'll have half and my fella will have half, which means 5pp for the batter, plus x 2 BGTY sausages 2pp each. 9pp all together. Is that right???? x

12. Angellore

Angellore Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I agree with that mets. Hope it was nice.

13. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It was super yummy! My new fav. :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.