Toad In The Hole

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes' started by Mets, 17 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Morning :)

I've found the recipe on the WW app for Toad In The Hole which is 8pp each serving. However, my sausages that I'm using are a bit more PP than the recipe says. So I tried to edit it in the recipe builder but it comes out at 33pp per serving! Which isn't right :(

Could someone tell me how much a basic Yorkshire batter is in PP and also how much Yorkshire that makes??? I'm having 2 sausages and my fella is having 4 so need quite a bit I think??? I've never made this dish before so I have no clue about how much batter to use???

I don't understand the recipe builder!!! Thank you :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tonic

Tonic Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    My yorkie mix serves 4 people and comes out at 4pp per serving.... Its basically

4oz plain flour
    2 eggs
    8 fl oz skim milk

If I'm doing toad in the hole I use this much for 2 of us, but divide it into 3 (other half gets 2 portions, I get 1) which brings the batter out at 6pp plus the pps for the sausages - if that makes sense?

4. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks tonic. What I've done is used the WW recipe and added the extra points for the sausages. Should be ok that way I think. I can't wait! It's cooking as we speak..... Mmmmmm! Thanks again for your response :) x

5. Angellore

Angellore Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I actually found that the batter mix packs you buy and add water and egg to are lower than making your own. I have used both the sainsbury's basics and asda smart price mixes (both a bargain 9p each!) and they are just 7pp for the pack plus 2pp for the egg! So just 2pp per serving if there's four of you. Must admit dh and I just have it between the two of us cos we're fiends for toad! The Yorkshire rises wonderfully and tastes great. I make it with Sainsbury's be good to yourself frozen sausages (I defrost them first) and they are 2pp each.

6. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow! Thanks for that, I'll defo give the pre-mixed stuff a try. It was so damn delish that we're having it again this week :D

Great tip! Thank you x

7. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I bought a couple of packets of the Basics one in case my OH demanded pancakes the other week - he didn't so I used it to make 12 indvidual yorkshires and they rose a treat and were really nice. I worked it out to be 1pps per yorkie. We had one each and the rest are in the freezer - at 7p fraction of the price of Aunt Bessies! Will have to have a go at a toad.

8. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    couldnt you make some mini yorkie puds with the cheap mix and put a wee cocktail sausage in em? or would that be daft? just something different :D

9. Angellore

Angellore Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That is a fantastic idea. Or cut a normal low fat sausage into 4 and put a piece in each. I know what I'm going to be trying next time!

10. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yum! And the idea of cutting a sausage up is great too :)

11. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Right, this is my dinner tonight :D

I bought one of the packet mixes from Tesco (7p ;-) ) can someone tell me if I work this out correctly....

Per 100g
    Protein -7.8
    Carbs - 35.0
    Fat - 6.2
    Fibre - 2.5

The whole pack is 128g so I work that out as 8pp. Plus 1 egg is 10pp for the batter.

I'll have half and my fella will have half, which means 5pp for the batter, plus x 2 BGTY sausages 2pp each. 9pp all together. Is that right???? x

12. Angellore

Angellore Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I agree with that mets. Hope it was nice.

13. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It was super yummy! My new fav. :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.