Todays dinner...one of my fave's

Ninja

Silver Member
Today we're having one of my favourite meals. Pork and apple burgers with caramelised onions and SW chips. I'm pushing the boat out and making my own onions rings too. Although I expect I'll only have maybe 1 :sigh:

For the burgers I use lean pork mince, grate an onion and an apple into it, add Worcester sauce, some sage and an egg to bind it. To make the caramelised onions I fry them in fry light and some soy sauce slowly on a low heat.
We'll probably be having some corn on the cob with it too....lovely summer food. I can't wait for when it gets hot and I can cook these on the BBQ.

What are your favourite meals to make?

I sometimes make my own Italian style meatballs. Swatzkof (sp) or whatever they're called do these seasoning sachets, you can get them for meatballs, fajitas...several different things and you just add them to your meat. The meatballs are spicy but lovely and I just add tinned toms, tom concentrate and garlic and serve it with wholemeal spaghetti. Can't beat some fresh parmasan grated over the top too....I'm getting really hungry now waiting for dinner to cook...wish I'd never started this thread...lol.

What can I have??
I'm about to cook everyone elses dinner but not sure what to have........
On a green day so I think it will be JP, salad, beans and laughing cow cheese melted on the top. Followed by fresh raspberries and total 0%
Curley wurley later on
Enjoy your evening everyone.

Ninja I used to make what I call pork patties that you have 1lb of pork or you can use turkey mince and you grate apple and onion into it then add tbsp tomato puree and some seasoning and original recepie had 1oz grated cheddar that I don't use now and you mixed it all up into like a burger shape but thick then wrapped a rasher of streaky bacon round it and secured with cocktail stick and grilled till cooked. They were yummy and it was an old one I got from SWRI (womens institute) cookery demo.

Ooh, I'm loving the sound of these recipes using pork - scribbling them down! will make a nice change from beef mince, have to say I steer clear of pork mince usually because of the fat but didn't realise low fat option was available - any particular supermarket to look for it in, or do they all do a low fat pork mince?

Today we're having one of my favourite meals. Pork and apple burgers with caramelised onions and SW chips. I'm pushing the boat out and making my own onions rings too. Although I expect I'll only have maybe 1 :sigh:

For the burgers I use lean pork mince, grate an onion and an apple into it, add Worcester sauce, some sage and an egg to bind it. To make the caramelised onions I fry them in fry light and some soy sauce slowly on a low heat.
We'll probably be having some corn on the cob with it too....lovely summer food. I can't wait for when it gets hot and I can cook these on the BBQ.

What are your favourite meals to make?

They sound well nice! Thanks for that recipe. One for me to try this week!

Ooh, I'm loving the sound of these recipes using pork - scribbling them down! will make a nice change from beef mince, have to say I steer clear of pork mince usually because of the fat but didn't realise low fat option was available - any particular supermarket to look for it in, or do they all do a low fat pork mince?

I get my pork mince in Tesco's. The fat content is a little higher than regular beef mince but still free on red or EE days.

tonight my hubby is cooking me a lovely prawn and pea risotto. I can't wait it smells so good and I just love a good risotto. We put onion and leeks and prawns and peas in it and a bit of garlic for flavour.

Back