Too old?

shelz

Silver Member
I've quite often wanted a belly button piercing and was tempted to make this my reward for reaching 9 stone (when I do). However at 26 I dont know whether I am too old for this type of piercing. Should I be opting for a tattoo instead? Or should I be opting for something simpler like a new outfit?

Your thoughts please!

Personally I don't think you're ever to old. Plus, you're not exactly old in the first place!
If you want it, get it, I mean it's for you isn't it, so it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks you should get :)
Oh and if you don't like it later it's easy enough to let it heal up, or just cover up and hide when you want to.

My sister got a belly piercing when she was 42 ... she did wonder if she was a tad old but life is far too short to be thinking like that, especially when you are only 26 and just starting out in life.

When I was 26, my mum and I joined SW and as a reward for losing 2 stone we both got our belly buttons pierced in our lunch break and we still have them! No way are you too old!

Who cares? There's no age for that. Do it and if you don't like it, you can take it out and it'll heal. Or you can cover it up. Tattooes aren't my cuppa tea, but the idea that they're permanent kind of scares me. Maybe a new haircut? Let us know what you decide!

You are never too old to do whatever you want is what I think.
And you're 26,that's not old at all. I'm 26 and I don't feel old! I am going to get my belly button pierced when I reach my goal weight,I'll be about 27 when that finally happens :)

Go for it. And that belly bar looks cute.

Claire x

Your never to old....when I originally lost a large amount of weight ( almost 9 stone) I went out and got a tattoo because for the first time in my life I wasnt bothered if people "noticed" me, it was on my lower back so easy to cover though. I was 36 when I had that so at 26 there is no way your to old for a belly piercing!

there's only one answer by the sounds of it - never too old!! good luck with it;) post a pic when you get it done:)

I've quite often wanted a belly button piercing and was tempted to make this my reward for reaching 9 stone (when I do). However at 26 I dont know whether I am too old for this type of piercing. Should I be opting for a tattoo instead? Or should I be opting for something simpler like a new outfit?

Your thoughts please!

Totally up to you of course and I do love the ring on ebay very cute and I hate spiders hee hee

Personally I would go for a tattoo, when I reach my goal....staring accross into the moonlight ;) I plan to get a stick man put on my hip or above my bum to congratulate me getting into the skinny world Hee hee xx

Ok so now my thoughts have changed, mainly due to looking at the saggy skin I have on my stomach =(

I am going to talk to my fiance about changing my goal from 9 stone to 8 stone 7, or 8 stone (undecided yet) - making a deadline of our wedding day. As a reward for this goal, and for a wedding present to one another, we have decided to get matching tattoos. We know the emblem we want; I've wanted it for years. The date of our wedding is going to go beneath. The only change is Dave is going to have an 'S' for Shell in his somewhere and i am going to have a 'D' for Dave in mine somewhere. As and when the kids come along their names are going to go under the wedding date.

I am so looking forward to the whole idea of settling down and starting life as a married couple/family. It will be a great mark to the start of a new chapter.

In reality now the only issue I got is getting my fiance to agree with me about lowering the goal. I think I will be able to talk him around, he is only worried about me and if I show him I am good, happy and healthy he shouldnt have an issue with the number, right?

tattoos are a great way of expressing yourself, but just be careful having a name, children are fine but partners would always be a no no for me. Just be warned though they are addictive!! I now have 3 although they are all in places I can cover up.

We are for life. So so so serious about the relationship. It kind of shows; we havent been together a year yet and are already planning our wedding. May 3rd marks our 1st year together.

Shelz- good idea! Be careful about lowering your goal, 8 stone would make your underweight according to bmi charts. Not that they're super accurate but it's a guideline to follow. Maybe 8 stone 7 is a better idea. Let us know what Dave thinks about it.

Back