Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Good luck Lou! Love the mood board! I'll be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Good Luck Lou. Knock em dead! :)

well, she said based on my interview etc theres no reaosn i shouldnt get in, but she has to have it okayed by th i get hepoe head of department, who wasnt there, so she emailed her and said shell let me know by the end of today, i have sorted childcare, so now i just need to submit some paper work so that the course is paid for and so that i get help towards my kit etc. i start MONDAY aargh

oh wow :) im sure u'll do great!!!

just from the other thread as i fort it was a bit chatty, but am giving the running a miss for a few weeks, as it only occured to me after reading FL post that i dont own traiineres!! :S i have 6" heels, flip flops and some plimsole type things (that i wear for bike riding!) so am gonna invest in soem trainers for running and some ewellies for trudging through the muddy fields with teh dog! :) but after spend £400 on bloody school uniforms i cant afford them at the minute lol.

and as requested by bonnie, her name is poppy, she is 15m old and a pain in the bum lol but still lovely just needs some firm training i think!!
View attachment 61557

Awww she's lush! What a lovely face. How can you not take that face for a walk every day eh?

Mood board done, bearing in mind I only found out I had to do one this morning, have had 3 kids to look after and tea to cook amongst shopping for mags and stuff to put on the mood board. Please would you mind giving your honest opinion. The theme was seasons. I chose winter

View attachment 61607

Looks fab to me Lou, I would give you the place! Fingers crossed for ya.

Just read the rest...sounds like you are in! Excellent, blimey, monday - they don't hang around do they!? Fantastic news, you will be so busy food won't even cross your mind!?

well apparently they have had a disasterous day after i left and shes gone home without calling me...ffs. maybe the boss didnt email her back yet? i need to know by tomorrow though they cant expect me to turn up monday with no time or anything.ill be rining first thing in morning. im also getting poorly, im aching ll over i have a sore throat and feel generally yuk, i was meant to go runniong tonight but im resting instead, i think ive just been doing too much this week then feeling stressed yesterday didnt help. not sure what to do for tea, fancy pasta and i never eat pasta, but im meant to get weighed tomorrow so maybe not eh?

Give em till 11am tomorrow Lou and then phone up. I wouldn't wait till lunchtime just in case they knock off early on a Friday or something! :)

I am so poorly, laid in bed with my dressing gown, pjs and quilt on me. I can't sleep cos I feel too ill and I've decided to push my course back til next year, child care is proving difficult and with it starting Monday it doesn't give me enough time to sort it out plus I was reading the kit forms last night and I have to lay out for the kits which is 270 quid a d I may or may not get the money back, I don't have that sort of money so would have to borrow it which I don't want to do if I may not get reimbursed so I need the year to save for everything I need. I'm gutted as its what I want to do but I don't want to be missing days or having issues when I first start and get kicked off the course cos if I get kicked off that's the end of it for good. :( she offered me to wait until next year but I hope she isn't mad or thinks I'm not serious by putting it back a year, I'm scared it will reflect badly on me and then I won't get on. Sorry for the late night ramble lol

I am so poorly, laid in bed with my dressing gown, pjs and quilt on me. I can't sleep cos I feel too ill and I've decided to push my course back til next year, child care is proving difficult and with it starting Monday it doesn't give me enough time to sort it out plus I was reading the kit forms last night and I have to lay out for the kits which is 270 quid a d I may or may not get the money back, I don't have that sort of money so would have to borrow it which I don't want to do if I may not get reimbursed so I need the year to save for everything I need. I'm gutted as its what I want to do but I don't want to be missing days or having issues when I first start and get kicked off the course cos if I get kicked off that's the end of it for good. :( she offered me to wait until next year but I hope she isn't mad or thinks I'm not serious by putting it back a year, I'm scared it will reflect badly on me and then I won't get on. Sorry for the late night ramble lol

Well it's the middle of the day for me ^^

Sorry you're not feeling well. Try to drink as much water and get lots of Vitamin C to help fight it off and get as much rest as possible.

Next year sounds like a sensible plan to me. It gives you plenty of time to save up and prepare the Child Care- I am sure the college will understand. I know it's a bit crappy that things aren't starting when you would like them too but at least you will eventually start! Be pleased with yourself for passing the interview and having an ambition which will come to fruition in a year! And think of all the amazing things you can do in the mean time!

:hug99:

Lol wish it was middle of the day here I could get up but I'm desperately trying to sleep as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Yeah I know it's the right thing to do just feeling a bit stupid for not thinking it through. I just got swept along by it cos it's what I really want. I'm so worried shell think this is me changing my mind and decide I can't do the course at all
Which I know won't happen but this is what happens when your ill with a fever laid in the dark with an over active imagination :( I want 9 I clock to hurry so I can get it over with

Lol wish it was middle of the day here I could get up but I'm desperately trying to sleep as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Yeah I know it's the right thing to do just feeling a bit stupid for not thinking it through. I just got swept along by it cos it's what I really want. I'm so worried shell think this is me changing my mind and decide I can't do the course at all
Which I know won't happen but this is what happens when your ill with a fever laid in the dark with an over active imagination :( I want 9 I clock to hurry so I can get it over with

I always think being ill makes you feel awful about everything. I had tonsillitis in February and cried to my Mum over skype for an hour about EVERYTHING. Not just that I was sick but that I was a terrible teacher and a had no friends and I was all alone and my life sucked etc etc- it just made all my natural insecurities come to the front. And being tired does not help either! ;)

And don't feel stupid. Explain to the lady that you are REALLY excited about the course but organising your family commitments is more complicated than you originally thought and rather than mess the college around now, you'd rather wait a year and start the course fully prepared financially and personally. But ask her if there is any preparation you could do in the meantime. That still shows your enthusiasm! :)

Don't worry too much Lou- everything will work out. Now, I advise you close your eyes and try to get some sleep! I always focus on my breathing- that usually helps me drift off eventually!

Well the woman who was meant to
Be letting me know about whether I was on the course or not isnt even in today then it's the weekend and it starts Monday :/ she told me not to arrange anything til I'd got the ok but when I rang this morning the lady I spoke to seemed to think I was on it yet I have no info on times or anything. She seemed understanding as to why I couldn't start Monday, but was saying if it's just next week I'm struggling for then they'll sort something yet my tutor was saying 100% attendance or I'm off the course WTF? Buy it's not just next week it's every Tuesday til a space comes available then it's the fees issue, I don't want to miss any time so I'm just going to do the sensible thing and wait

Well I am so ill. I felt like I was getting flu yesterday, but a friend came round then more friends came and I ended up REALLY drunk on vodka and I can't stop being sick. I've never been like this after a drink, I'm fighting to keep water down :( I can't have been ridiculously drunk cos I cleaned up when everyone left and made it to bed lol. Think it was drinking when I was ill. Not drinking ever again. Ever.

Back