Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Hmmm....the app I had to download for the work thing reckons I did 15000 steps on the train home!!! I think not!

Back to calculating miles methinks!!

That's funny, haha. Unless you were standing in one spot all the time, marching!

Is it just me or do the rest of you have days where you weigh the same but feel bigger than you did the previous day?

I've been daily weighing as i find it keeps me on track & motivated, on friday the scales read 10st 1 and i felt quite slim & like my clothes were looser. I weighed exactly the same on sat & sun but felt bigger and heavier & the same jeans i wore on friday felt tight......how can this be??

I know exactly what you mean clanger - i get this all the time but mostly my weight doesnt change much between WIs.

(especially since my little op on Friday - i feel like a big bloated heffer!)

maybe its water retention or something? Or certain foods you are eating?

Anyone know where Rod is? Last i heard he'd gone fishing but that was days ago!

Eaten by a Giant Bass? No idea. I hope he comes back soon. Things have been too quiet around here.

Having a good week so far. Tried a hunger tolerance day yesterday, where I skipped lunch to teach myself hunger isn't an emergency. I did surprisingly well (11 hours between breakfast) and dinner and it wasn't too bad. And I was really anxious about it in the morning, haha.

And I'm with you on the 'fat days'. They just happen. It can be water weight, carb bloating... anything. Don't worry too much about it, I think it's natural :)

I thought it had been a bit quiet too actually. I'm feeling very bloated since my op but I'm trying to keep up with the water intake to stop it. Doesn't seem to be working Hmmmph!!

I'm going to attempt a run this weekend and see how it feels. Just a gentle half hour jog I think - I'm feelin glum and frustrated so I need to do something to get some fresh air!! I'm also thinking that I might just stick to red days for a week and limit my carbs - need to get paid so I can get some food in but that is my plan starting at the weekend.

I'm good ta - and it is very quiet in here. Still sticking to plan and swinging my kettlebells! Did have a couple of cheese scones last Saturday night with some Dairylea Light - mmmmmnnn they were lovely! Think the challenge for me when I lose a couple more "buffer" pounds is to teach myself I don't need to be on plan all the time! It's just become a way of life for me now. Not complaining though :)

mmm cheese scones......nom nom nom :)

BTW i never got around to saying congratulations on your weight loss! You've done amazingly well & must feel super chuffed :)

Cheers Clanger - much appreciated. xx

Glad to hear you are enjoying operation buffer sue. did your purchases arrive? ;)

Oh they did Sparty. In a big box not unlike a pizza box - but better than a pizza! There was only one set I sent back as the bra didn't sit right - but never fear - I am waiting for another one to be sent through in exchange! Oh and I might have got another bargain set from Figleaves as well... I think I might need help! :D

Oh they did Sparty. In a big box not unlike a pizza box - but better than a pizza! There was only one set I sent back as the bra didn't sit right - but never fear - I am waiting for another one to be sent through in exchange! Oh and I might have got another bargain set from Figleaves as well... I think I might need help! :D

Sue, single-handedly supporting the British Lingerie industry!

Hope you all had a great week. There's a Typhoon here in Korea right now, so trying to stay dry but probably burning lots of extra calories trying to keep my Umbrella up!

Felt this wasn't quite weight loss related.

But OH BOY did I over-estimate my personal fitness level! Being able to do 40 minutes on an elliptical has given me some false hope- I started with Week One of the Couch25K outside (on a total level surface!) and it almost did me in! I ache in new places and I got the most breathless I have in ages. Bit of a reminder that I still have a way to go. But still, swings and roundabouts, I guess. I still don't get anywhere near as out of breath as I used to.

That being said, I feel woefully underprepared for my 5K next month. It's only 5 weeks away (and one week I am in Japan) and the C25K plan is 9 weeks and I would quite like to stick to the plan rather than push myself unnecessarily so I am thinking of looking for another 5K towards the end of Novemeber/ December instead. Do you think this is a sensible idea? I honestly was fully planning to do it until this evening when it became apparent that running outside is a whole other beast. I just don't want to push myself and end up failing, you know? Anyway, thoughts are appreciated :)

faery_lights said:
Felt this wasn't quite weight loss related.

But OH BOY did I over-estimate my personal fitness level! Being able to do 40 minutes on an elliptical has given me some false hope- I started with Week One of the Couch25K outside (on a total level surface!) and it almost did me in! I ache in new places and I got the most breathless I have in ages. Bit of a reminder that I still have a way to go. But still, swings and roundabouts, I guess. I still don't get anywhere near as out of breath as I used to.

That being said, I feel woefully underprepared for my 5K next month. It's only 5 weeks away (and one week I am in Japan) and the C25K plan is 9 weeks and I would quite like to stick to the plan rather than push myself unnecessarily so I am thinking of looking for another 5K towards the end of Novemeber/ December instead. Do you think this is a sensible idea? I honestly was fully planning to do it until this evening when it became apparent that running outside is a whole other beast. I just don't want to push myself and end up failing, you know? Anyway, thoughts are appreciated :)

Why don't you do next months but if you can't run the whole way it doesn't matter just push yourself as much as you can it's all good exercise!!! Im desperate to feel better so I can re start my c25k I reached week 3 then got poorly :( so I'm gonna have to start from scratch again which is a pain in the bum. 5 weeks is a long time and sometimes you have bad runs, you might have just been having an off day. I'd still stick to plan and do your best x

i agree with lou - there is no reason why you cant do the one you had planned on. so you need to walk a bit halfway through?? so what...?? You can still cross the finish line faery - and what a great motivator to do even better at the next one to beat your time!

Just take it slowly and do your best - I have done a 5k in the past and just jogged all the way round. I didn't complete it in a quick time but i was most proud of having made it to the finish line and raising some money for charity. I also once did a 10 mile run and boooooy was that tough! I made it through with a combination of walking and running and I ached so bad after - its amazing how good that felt though to know i could do it.

i have complete faith that you will get round it - keep at your training (maybe do the elliptical as well as C25K if you fancy a challenge?!) and you will be fine. We are all rooting for you!

I on the other hand am struggling big time not being able to exercise. I didnt realise how big a part of my plan it had become and now i can feel myself getting more unfit by the day. I am walking but there is not a lot more I can do really. I couldnt manage a run last weekend but I want to try again this weekend - its only 7 weeks til my holiday and I do NOT want to be on a beach looking like I do atm!

Why don't you do next months but if you can't run the whole way it doesn't matter just push yourself as much as you can it's all good exercise!!! Im desperate to feel better so I can re start my c25k I reached week 3 then got poorly :( so I'm gonna have to start from scratch again which is a pain in the bum. 5 weeks is a long time and sometimes you have bad runs, you might have just been having an off day. I'd still stick to plan and do your best x

i agree with lou - there is no reason why you cant do the one you had planned on. so you need to walk a bit halfway through?? so what...?? You can still cross the finish line faery - and what a great motivator to do even better at the next one to beat your time!

Just take it slowly and do your best - I have done a 5k in the past and just jogged all the way round. I didn't complete it in a quick time but i was most proud of having made it to the finish line and raising some money for charity. I also once did a 10 mile run and boooooy was that tough! I made it through with a combination of walking and running and I ached so bad after - its amazing how good that felt though to know i could do it.

i have complete faith that you will get round it - keep at your training (maybe do the elliptical as well as C25K if you fancy a challenge?!) and you will be fine. We are all rooting for you!

I on the other hand am struggling big time not being able to exercise. I didnt realise how big a part of my plan it had become and now i can feel myself getting more unfit by the day. I am walking but there is not a lot more I can do really. I couldnt manage a run last weekend but I want to try again this weekend - its only 7 weeks til my holiday and I do NOT want to be on a beach looking like I do atm!

Good point ladies, I hadn't thought of it like that. I suppose I should really focus on the fact that a year ago I would never have signed up (and might have found walking it a struggle!). So I'll keep going. That being said, I do ache this morning. I never knew running beat up your body so much, haha. Going to try and get out and do the second run of week 1 tomorrow. I think I should be able to start week 2 on Tuesday.

I hope all of you ladies- Lou, Sparty and Emma- feel better soon. Just keep moving anyway you can- as Tesco say, every little helps! ^^

wow 6 days since last post :O hope everyone is ok!
my new trainers come today, and am off to to week 1 run 2 of C25K tonight to test them out. am sooo hungry today, really wana eat everything lol, tbh i think its boredom, housework all done, no ironing to do, 2 kids at school, 1 asleep and the other watching mickeymouse lol. think im gonna go do my meal plan for the week (fri - fri) that'll keep my hands busy lol

oh and im going away for the weekend with hubby - no kids :eek: only for the weekend, but cannot wait. i know we will be eating out, so a little worried about that, but i will make the best choices i can. is our 1st wedding anniversary on mon :)

Ahhh how bizarre - its my sisters first anniversary Monday too :)

Keeping hands busy is a good tactic! And you need to add to that whopping 6lb loss this week loola so keep at it.

I'm going to have to wait until payday til i can properly plan ahead and it's killing me. I know I could be eating better but I haven't got any money for food shopping til payday - at least I have a bumper bag of carrots in the fridge and some frozen emergency veg.

I need to get my freezer stocked full of meat and fish and my cupboards full of hex's, fruit and veg. Until I know what I have in I find it hard to plan - and I also find that I struggle to keep within hex's and syns when I do it on the fly.

I'm really looking forward to a run this weekend to get started again on the exercise front - its lady fun week and it's extra painful after my op but I know running usually helps this!

Back