Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

I think you were 16-1 rod. Nice work ;) how did u manage food wise? Did the hotel do take out?

I did ok, just sort of worked around the nasties and ate plenty of YUMMY grapefruit in the morning

Poached eggs or scrambled eggs ,not fried

I did eat some soda bread, it was fantastic!!

Basically I filled up in the morning and then grazed on nips of protein all day out of my bag

and with all that exercise seems it just worked

I had 6 beers all weekend, some of my pals had that in an hour!! some craic!

16-1 as I recall Rod, so well done. Why the suprise -have you been up to something you shouldn't while you were away that you wanna confess?

nope, nothing much to confess, I ate a Topic one day (shock horror) and a small bag of crisps another, but I was burnin it off sister

I had so little sleep though, nearly killed me I think

averaged out 3 hours per day for 5 days

Just wondering what we all make of this: Obese 25st woman who weighs more than DOUBLE her 11st boyfriend is told lose weight - or you'll be dead by 40 | Mail Online

The tough lover in me does wonder when she says 'I have tried Sliming World, Weight Watchers and diet pills, but none of them work' whether she really tried. I mean, nobody particularly likes being on a diet, but if you are TL minded, you just get on with it. Is it just a lack of willpower here or something we don't understand?

Thoughts please!?

I have no time for people that say diets don't work, even when I was 20st I knew the truth. She never tried and I havent read the article. I know she didn't. Everyone knows she didn't. Or there wouldnt be success stories would there?

you just got to want to do it

Thats all it is, wanting it badly enough, for whatever reason. Once you get some success, it burns itself. Some people do hit the sabotage button, hopefully these are minor blips on a long journey

if you don't want it, game is up before it starts

I'd never judge a big person, there but for the grace of god and all that, but the brass tacks of it are what they are.

there is no tomorrow only what you do NOW and NEXT

BonnieBooBear said:
Just wondering what we all make of this: Obese 25st woman who weighs more than DOUBLE her 11st boyfriend is told lose weight - or you'll be dead by 40 | Mail Online

The tough lover in me does wonder when she says 'I have tried Sliming World, Weight Watchers and diet pills, but none of them work' whether she really tried. I mean, nobody particularly likes being on a diet, but if you are TL minded, you just get on with it. Is it just a lack of willpower here or something we don't understand?

Thoughts please!?

Here's what I think. We all lie to ourselves, that's how we got fat in the first place. We lie to others. At one point in my teens my family thought I was seriously ill because my weight was sky-rocketing even though I was "on a diet".

None of them worked, because she lied. I am always surprised that people don't know exactly where these people are coming from. I did this routine for decades before taking ownership of my weight issues and telling the truth to myself.

It's easier to blame other people, our hormones, metabolism than blame what we are putting into our bodies. I know that certain conditions and meds can make losing weight harder and weight gain easier but I always think you can only gain weight if your eating calories, if you literally stopped eating you wouldn't keep gaining weight, so whilst certain things make it harder it's about how hard you want to try. I think however that binge eating etc should be viewed the same as anorexia, it's still an eating disorder, it's still killing yourself slowly due to food. I think there needs to be more understanding and help with the psychological side of weight issues. If some one says they have anorexia we wouldn't dream of saying oh just eat a burger and stop
Moaning but it's acceptable for fat people to have very nasty things shouted at them in the street Ir fir people to sneer and make jokes? I'm a fan of tough love don't get me wrong, but as I have said many times. The tough only works with the love. I think cbt is the way forward for people struggling to get their heads in gear.

I was told off for posting pics on MY thread upstairs at HQ so here they are in the right place

Ireland is beautiful

P1020908.jpg

l-r Rob,Steve, Me

P1030001.jpg

I get smashed by Irish neptune

P1020838.jpg

chasing bass at sunset

P1020826.jpg

wonderful sky

KilfarrasyPanorama12.jpg

secret spot on the Copper coast

IBF014.jpg

Steve P, Steve R, me, Rob

Last edited:
Awesome pictures! Love the sky one! Looks like you had a wonderful time! When's your next fishing trip? :)

Love the pics and you had great weather :) May have to convince OH to take the van to Ireland . . .

Awesome pictures! Love the sky one! Looks like you had a wonderful time! When's your next fishing trip? :)

Oh I'm going tonight!

Big trips planned are UK vs France (I'm in the UK bass fishing team) end of Sept

then the Jersey bass festival late Oct to defend my 2011 title!

Love the pics and you had great weather :) May have to convince OH to take the van to Ireland . . .

great weather for tourists, but bright skies and calm sea makes bass fishing very hard

we like it rough like the second photo

I caught one there, but landing it was pretty gnarly....

Absolutely beautiful scenery Rod, must do the soul some good being around it all weekend. And nice group shot at the end, must be nice not to be the fat guy in the photos any more?

Glad you had a good weekend.

Beautiful pics Rod. It looks amazing. Do you get Bass in the Highlands (excuse my ignorance)? I could do a salad delivery service! :)

Beautiful pics Rod. It looks amazing. Do you get Bass in the Highlands (excuse my ignorance)? I could do a salad delivery service! :)

We could try and find them! i have a couple of buddies in Edinburgh that catch a lot of bass, but not sure where TBH

I'd like to have a crack up there one day for the trout, but bass for me is numero uno

I'd imagine if we tried a rough spot on the coast of the west Highlands at the end of Sept I could snag a Scottish bass - and benefit from your salad service!

hmm.......I like trips....lol

Ahhhh I LOVE Hugh. He is my total food hero. General hero in fact. River Cottage changed my life.

We could try and find them! i have a couple of buddies in Edinburgh that catch a lot of bass, but not sure where TBH

I'd like to have a crack up there one day for the trout, but bass for me is numero uno

I'd imagine if we tried a rough spot on the coast of the west Highlands at the end of Sept I could snag a Scottish bass - and benefit from your salad service!

hmm.......I like trips....lol

Yes you do like your trips! You must have a very understanding wife! :)

No way! Had a voicemail yesterday off a number i didnt know it was a man asking for me by name then he gav me his fone number so ive just rang back to find out who it was n wat he wanted he sed i neva left any voicemails and i dont know who u r!! It was his bloody voice he sed u hav rang me before about this n i told u then i hadnt rang u! I was like wat the hell ove neva spoke to u, u were the one who left me a voice mail!!

Back