Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

One of the ladies who won gold in the rowing today decided to take it up four years ago after watching the Olympics on telly. Four years from couch to Olympic champion. So don't go saying "I can't do the Couch To 5k"

That is amazing! 4 years from novice to gold! I am taking up judo this year, totally inspired by the fights today.

One of the ladies who won gold in the rowing today decided to take it up four years ago after watching the Olympics on telly. Four years from couch to Olympic champion. So don't go saying "I can't do the Couch To 5k"

I have loved doing my Couch 2 5K! It's been awesome :) The first few weeks it does take a little while to motivate yourself but by the time I hit week 5, I was fully in my stride. Haven't missed a run since then! :D Looking forward to getting outside and doing it.

Even worse for the "I can't exercise" crowd, our super-heavyweight boxer went from couch to world silver medallist in one year, and is an Olympic joint-favourite in two!!!

Oh yeah, 2.8kgs lost this week. Going out to buy a belt at lunchtime!

SmileyMan said:
Even worse for the "I can't exercise" crowd, our super-heavyweight boxer went from couch to world silver medallist in one year, and is an Olympic joint-favourite in two!!!

Nice one smiley. Keep it up - you must be looking lot slimmer by now.

Well done Smiley, I do believe that takes you over the 3stone mark in one month!? Fantastic! Not long till you will be in the teens. I would say keep it up, but I know you are going to...

Hey everyone feeling very down today i was fine up until cumming into work! We had sum bad news on monday they say we r losing money n need to cum up with sum ideas to help. Now they r talking ov putting us on a 4 day week and theres noway half ov the work force cud afford to live off this! Its getting me down and i feel like crying but cant coz im in work! Hate feeling so low esp as i hav suffered from deppression for numerous years and i thought over the last 6month i had improved so much and felt alot betta

Hey everyone feeling very down today i was fine up until cumming into work! We had sum bad news on monday they say we r losing money n need to cum up with sum ideas to help. Now they r talking ov putting us on a 4 day week and theres noway half ov the work force cud afford to live off this! Its getting me down and i feel like crying but cant coz im in work! Hate feeling so low esp as i hav suffered from deppression for numerous years and i thought over the last 6month i had improved so much and felt alot betta

Thats rubbish Emma, sorry to hear that :-(

What do you do? Don't panic unless the worst happens though, you never know, things may pick up. I just read this: Households 'will recover their spending power next year' - Yahoo! Finance UK

Hi Emma,

I'm not sure exactly what you do for a living but I seem to remember it's something to do with children?? (sorry if I have got that wrong!) Are they asking you to come up with ways of making money? How about suggesting some sporting events? This can be fun and gets everyone involved - plus it will help you on your way to losing a few lbs too.

In my mind I am picturing a school sports day type event as a 'local/amateur olympics' or something like that. You could put together some small activites and give points for them. Then whoever has the most points wins a prize - you could even ask local businesses to donate the prize (and some things for a raffle?) All you would need is a field somewhere and a bit of creativity in your thinking. You can ask the local newspapers to run an advert of something and strike while the iron is hot and the country is in olympic mode!

I think this is something you could potentially organise to suit kids or adults and all you need is a few of your colleagues to help out. There are tons of ways you can raise money - get a few boys to shave their hair or wax their legs, cake sale (but you have to make low cal stuff for your contribution), bring and buy type thing, a car wash, a BBQ. It will take some organising but if there are a few of you then I am sure you could put something great together that will help get some money rolling in.

No i dont work with children hun lol i work in a warehouse and its supposedly the whole ov siemens who r struggling so we need to cum up with sumthing major! I really think this shudnt b left to us on the shop floor as there is managers and directors who get paid thousands more than us to cum up with ideas it feels like everyone is turning on everyone else!!

No i dont work with children hun lol i work in a warehouse and its supposedly the whole ov siemens who r struggling so we need to cum up with sumthing major! I really think this shudnt b left to us on the shop floor as there is managers and directors who get paid thousands more than us to cum up with ideas it feels like everyone is turning on everyone else!!

Sorry about this Emma. Work troubles always suck :(

I honestly think you are right- Siemens is a major corporation and it's not your job to fix their problems. That's what managers and directors get paid to do. Though I would nicely suggest that they all skip their bonuses this year :D

Keep your fingers crossed. You never know, they might be fearmongering. I worked for Morrisons for 3 years and they would constantly give us bad news about statistics and expect the people on the shop floor to somehow magically fix things. Chin up, I'm sure everything will work out!

I am leaving home after dinner today and heading to my friend's house! Then it's onwards to Seoul tomorrow morning to spend 24 hours at a Buddhist Temple. I am really excited to experience it, but worried about the food situation. I am going to take a couple of servings of cereal with me so I can fit them and just try to make healthy choices where possible. I've been really good this week and I'm showing a loss already this week- just got to keep it up. Wish me luck :)

Wow FL what an amazing experience! SO jealous. Have a fabulous time!

following on from my jeans discussion a few weeks ago - I bought Next jeans in skinny 36L but didn't try them on because I'm a bloke and life is too short

they are too big in the arse!!!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

Good news on the jeans Rod, that's great news. Lots of my clothes are starting to get definitely loose now. Always a very pleasant sign. The only things that properly fits me at the moment are my M&S T-Shirts and they've always sized big.

What a great weekend for the Olympics too! So inspiring :D

I had a really good weekend shopping wise. There is a town near me which is quite affluent and the charity shops are packed with lovely stuff. I found a gorgeous Coast mohair tank top, lush Zara kaftan dress and laura ashley summer top. But the best thing about the weekend was that the size 12's (almost) fitted! just half a stone to go I recon, depending on brand - the Laura Ashley top is a 12.

It got me thinking - the difference between this weight loss and any in my past is that this time, I am much more positive in my thinking. We come on to post struggles and issues more than positive things - and when we are stuck in a plateau or getting comfortable hanging around where we are, it is sometimes difficult to recognise the positive things. So here is my list of the positive things about what I am doing. Feel free to add to it:

1. Going to shops and looking at the 14-12 rails instead of the 16-18's.
2. Being able to run 7 miles and feeling absolutely fine on the 7th mile whereas 6 months ago 3 miles was impossible.
3. Knowing I had the strength in my breakfast meeting to say 'no thanks' to the croissants and not feeling sore about it for the rest of the day.
4. Feeling that my insides are 'clean' and not all bloated and sluggish because I have eaten my body weight in white bread.

agree 100% with you on No.4 Bonnie - the insides feeling "clean" (especially in the morning) is such a great feeling - those white carbs have a lot to answer for!

I am strugging at the mo, I've had a complete re-think and given myself a good dressing down over the weekend, I'm pretty sure its a plateau vs portions issue, so this week will tell me all I need to know

I am on a rampage this week to make a significant move - it's been too long!

Back