Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Try changing your crockery Rod. Part of the family health drive has been dishing up dinners on our gorgeous, but massive plates. Then add up the calories - a plate-filling roast dinner came to nearly 1800 kcals. Those plates are designed to have a tiny little bit of nouvelle cuisine in the middle.

But old-fashioned small round dinner plates are REALLY hard to find. It's part of the Make Britain Fat conspiracy :D

I'm having a good day - one walk done at lunchtime and another balls deep in the river chasing after trout later

my smaller portions are working and that familiar growl at 4pm, which I've missed for three weeks - it's back :happy036:

I must have been daft to assume I can eat the same amount to lose the last two stone as I did the first four!

Hi peeps - still here but still having internet issues. STS at my WI on Saturday which I guess is ok given how close I am to goal. Still getting impatient though! I refuse to up my exercise level as I plan to maintain this after I hit goal so I have purposely done everything to ensure I can do this rather than go hell for leather and then stop at goal - a sure-fire way to start putting weight back on again in my opinion. Still sticking to plan food wise though.

Haven't been able to catch up with all the comments, but Rod's jeans debacle did catch my eye. Always try stuff on now as you are loosing weight, Rod. It's such a boost in the changing rooms when you can ask for them to get you a smaller size! :) (or perhaps that's a thing only women can appreciate)! :)

Woohoo wearing a dress today that my boss gave me a month ago. I couldn't fit into it, and not even two weeks ago,but tried it on this morning and it fits! And looks nice!

Hi peeps - still here but still having internet issues. STS at my WI on Saturday which I guess is ok given how close I am to goal. Still getting impatient though! I refuse to up my exercise level as I plan to maintain this after I hit goal so I have purposely done everything to ensure I can do this rather than go hell for leather and then stop at goal - a sure-fire way to start putting weight back on again in my opinion. Still sticking to plan food wise though.

Haven't been able to catch up with all the comments, but Rod's jeans debacle did catch my eye. Always try stuff on now as you are loosing weight, Rod. It's such a boost in the changing rooms when you can ask for them to get you a smaller size! :) (or perhaps that's a thing only women can appreciate)! :)

How annoying when you are so close to goal Sue. Not sure what to suggest other than perhaps a temporary drastic cut in points to get you there?

How annoying when you are so close to goal Sue. Not sure what to suggest other than perhaps a temporary drastic cut in points to get you there?

Hi Bonnie - well done on the dress :) Yeah not going to change anything on my plan. I feel that if I cut my points down then I will just put the weight straight back on as soon as I start adjusting the points for maintenance. I know it will come off, it's probably just going to be the longest 3lb loss in history! Onwards and downwards, eh :)

Always try stuff on now as you are loosing weight, Rod. It's such a boost in the changing rooms when you can ask for them to get you a smaller size! :) (or perhaps that's a thing only women can appreciate)! :)

Some helpful facts for you:

Percentage of men that try things on in a changing room: 0.1%
Percentage of above that would ask an assistant for help: 0.00000000000000000000000000000001%
Percentage of men who are happy to use the adjective "smaller" about themselves under any circumstances: 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

its not a social experience or something men would even talk about - this is how it would go:

me to mate: "bought some jeans today"

mate to me (with withering look): "grunt"

I know this cos i'd be the same!

I do have a feminine side, it's you lot! (Apart from Smiley, natch)

LOL

I know I should t be in here cos I gained :( but I need help science boy or anyone who can help, ive asked in the other room but feels too chatty. I want to do a detox diet after this wedding but I don't know which is safe or if any are safe? But after talking about fasting I feel it would benefit me to go without and give my body a cleanse...anyone?

you can go and live in the tough love thread Mrs!

I am in here by the skin o my teeth but thems the rules!

off you go Lou...OUT!

(GF gave you an answer...now upstairs sister, trouble and tough love awaits....)

im getting re weighed today if that 2 pounds is back off can i dance around all the threads please :D ...ok ok im going :(

of course, dance away if you do it

the lounge is for losers and you are gonna win at losing,,,,

I know I should t be in here cos I gained :( but I need help science boy or anyone who can help, ive asked in the other room but feels too chatty. I want to do a detox diet after this wedding but I don't know which is safe or if any are safe? But after talking about fasting I feel it would benefit me to go without and give my body a cleanse...anyone?
You probably won't like the answer, but there's no such thing as a 'tox' to 'de' - all of the 'detox' diets work by the placebo effect.

Your stomach, intestines, liver and kidneys work hard to clean your body of anything it doesn't need, and there's nothing that you can eat that will speed them up or help them. If you want to make sure that they're not having to work too hard, then lots of fibre, no refined sugar and plenty of water, plus a little bit of protein and fat for cell maintenance and a good spread of vitamins and minerals.

The only name for that diet is 'a healthy one'

You probably won't like the answer, but there's no such thing as a 'tox' to 'de' - all of the 'detox' diets work by the placebo effect.

Your stomach, intestines, liver and kidneys work hard to clean your body of anything it doesn't need, and there's nothing that you can eat that will speed them up or help them. If you want to make sure that they're not having to work too hard, then lots of fibre, no refined sugar and plenty of water, plus a little bit of protein and fat for cell maintenance and a good spread of vitamins and minerals.

The only name for that diet is 'a healthy one'

Well said Smiley, I agree - just a way of getting money out of people in my opinion. Plenty of water, lots of fibre (or maybe a colonic) to keep things moving out of your colon and perhaps a 24 hour fast with just water?

strawberries!

I've just eaten a whole punnet

£1 from Tesco express

take em in season and scoff em

natures finest sweets!

Valerian I'd guess

You get the pooooooops!!!!

Am I allowed back
Seeing as I've lost a pound and have stuck to my new regime today? I've done 3 hours walking, 2 hours cleaning and had a down day so only had 490 cals all day. Now that's commitment. Thank god tomorrow's an up day...I couldn't have 500 cals every day, smiley I don't know how you do it!! My heads banging!

you can come back, well done Lou!!

I mustve used all my strawberries up, no issues at all to report - not that you'd be too keen to know I suppose!

Back