Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

hurrah!!!!!!

well i have just watched the horizon show on iplayer, and im sold...i like the 5/2 of the intermittent fasting where you do 5 days eating NORMALLY not over eating then 2 days at 400-500 cals for women and 600-700 for men on the lower days, he lost a stone in 5 weeks and wasnt even that over weight, his cholesterol went down to normal levels when he was borderline diabetic and the cancer inducing aging levels went down too....what a fab programme!! im converted!! today ive had just under 500 cals...its been relatively easy...like i say i have ahead ache but it hasnt massively affected anything, i havent snacked as it hasnt been an option, i CAN go without food and i wont die, i know this- i preach this, but i think i just needed a reminder. tomorrow is a feast day...which is great as im at a wedding, the day after we have a wedding breakfast so this will be a feast day too...i will find during the week easier to do fast days...so im planning on doing 3 days in the week fasting then the rest normal eating.....im quite excited about it.....i shall keep you all updated!!!

ive done a ridiculous amount of cleaing today as my mil is staying over with the kids while me hubby and teen son go to lincoln for a wedding tomorrow until friday dinner....i cannot wait!!!! and now i get to eat my 3 course meal and enjoy it as im on a feast day!! i also walked for 3 hours today and i feel pretty good, im looking forward to next weigh in...a day of eating 'normally' when doing sw was a sure indication of a gain, so ill be interested to see if i can eat 'normally' (which for me is still healthy food because i do prefer it) after doing lots of reading up and ive been lookig on the juddd threads it seems that everyone who sticks to it loses weight. i like the thought of reducing cholesterol, cancer cells etc etc....anyone who hasnt watched it really should

I havent watched the fasting programme yet, my IT issues are sorted, but I am going fishing again tonight...

and sunday all day!!

I couldn't resist jumping on the scales this morning for a crafty peek

the news is good, hopefully it will be even better tomorrow when I reveal my weekly progress on my official weigh in day

The Fasting programme wasn't really anything interesting but it's got a whole lot of people cutting their calories to 500 every other day.

What will the next 'diet' be.:rolleyes:

Oh he did say to cut down your protein.

indeed. "diet" is a terrible word that encompasses a myriad of problems.

the problem is that being on a "diet" gives the impression that you do the thing, then it's over.

The mindset has to be that its NEVER over. So the thought of being on a "diet" fills 99% of the population with horrific dread, and rightfully so.

Lifestyle plan is a bit better, but sounds hippy and right-on TBH

Healthy eating and tough love sounds good to me!

i dont know if I'm interested in cutting down on protein!!

I will watch it at some point, but I am quite happy trotting along as I am, certainly now as I've sorted my portions and I'm getting back to decent losses

If it ain't broke don't fix it. it was starting to look a bit busted tbh, so I fixed that..hopefully tomorrow will tell me the fix is in.....

willpower is everything. We have nothing without it.

I've fought many demons this week and beat them all

Rod's right (was it ever not so?) - it's lifestyle that needs to change.

If I ever start the TL slimming club (so we can all be millionaires, happening Real Soon Now™) it will be focused on Total Lifestyle Makeovers™ rather than Slimming - that's soooooo twentieth century!

Edit: oh yeah, 2.4kgs this week. Getting harder to shift, but what I have noticed is my moobs disappearing - this is a truly excellent result!

If I ever start the TL slimming club (so we can all be millionaires, happening Real Soon Now™) it will be focused on Total Lifestyle Makeovers™ rather than Slimming - that's soooooo twentieth century!

Edit: oh yeah, 2.4kgs this week. Getting harder to shift, but what I have noticed is my moobs disappearing - this is a truly excellent result!

Well done Smiley, 2.4 is excellent! I see you are now 11 measly pounds away from your Goal 3 to go green. C'mon!

cheers Smiley - I believe I've always been "right" in attitude, if not in application - I'm not much for science, I believe it when I read it, but I don't care to study it - I'm more of a chaos nature boy!!

please hurry up and start the TL slimming club so we can all be millionaires - imagine making a living from being healthy, helping people AND getting to shout at them!

well done on the drop too, 2.4kg is not to be sniffed at, great effort indeed squire

I just checked Smileys stats again...the dude is looking to drop 14st!!! And he's almost dropped 4 of them already!

thats just incredible...

I am looking forward to the before and afters of this one....you better do it Smiley!

or I'll set Lou on you, she's scarier than me....mind you Bonnie is starting the shed the fear of dishing it out.

Anyone can dish it out if they walk the walk..thats the beauty of Tough Love..imagine if you were a YOYO, you couldn't do it

it's a self burning fuse, I love it!

I just checked Smileys stats again...the dude is looking to drop 14st!!! And he's almost dropped 4 of them already!

A third of the journey done so far. Although I suspect that will be the easiest third......

I have very few 'before' photos, because I was so disgusting that I avoided being photographed - on holiday I would always grab the camera, and if someone insisted on a group photo I would carefully arrange the kids in front of me. I'm very much a 'live in the moment and look to the future' kind of person anyway, so I have no nostalgia for my fat self, and no pride in having been that fat. I'm not even proud of the weight loss - pleased, maybe.

I do have a video that is absolutely hideous, and I might crop some stills from it when I get time.

A third of the journey done so far. Although I suspect that will be the easiest third......

I have very few 'before' photos, because I was so disgusting that I avoided being photographed - on holiday I would always grab the camera, and if someone insisted on a group photo I would carefully arrange the kids in front of me. I'm very much a 'live in the moment and look to the future' kind of person anyway, so I have no nostalgia for my fat self, and no pride in having been that fat. I'm not even proud of the weight loss - pleased, maybe.

I do have a video that is absolutely hideous, and I might crop some stills from it when I get time.

I do think you should feel proud. The fact is that making a change like this is difficult and not for the faint hearted. There's a reason 95% of people fall off the bandwagon- it's hard to make that change, psychologically. The fact that you have lost almost 4st- and not just 4st, 4st on a VLCD!- is a testament to your willpower, strength and determination. I understand not being proud of being overweight. But I definitely think you should be proud that you're doing something about it and all of all the above qualities which are keeping you on the straight and narrow :)

Keep it up Science Boy! You know we're all behind you! :)

its all good Smiley, do it when you're ready mate

facing up to what you were was the toughest part of the journey, we've all been there give or take a few stone, so don't sweat on it (well, do actually, this will do you good)

we are right behind you mate, so just go for it, the result will be worth the pain of the journey

I'm in car en route to wedding venue, so not had time to read properly. I saw another good loss science boy. Don't let me down keep it up and keep your head I said many weeks ago that your losses will slow, you'll need to keep upping your exercises to keep
The losses large. It's nothing your doing it's just your body needs less to run and it's adjusting to the drop in cals.

Saw a comment about the alternate day diet being a fad diet...this is probably true if you don't stick to it long term but this is true for any eating plan such as vlcd's Sw ww etc etc it's only not a fad diet if you do it forever. So I don't think that we should be rolling eyes at diet plans as if they get you to target and it dies the job then it dies t matter how you get there.

I'm in car en route to wedding venue, so not had time to read properly. I saw another good loss science boy. Don't let me down keep it up and keep your head I said many weeks ago that your losses will slow, you'll need to keep upping your exercises to keep
The losses large. It's nothing your doing it's just your body needs less to run and it's adjusting to the drop in cals.

Saw a comment about the alternate day diet being a fad diet...this is probably true if you don't stick to it long term but this is true for any eating plan such as vlcd's Sw ww etc etc it's only not a fad diet if you do it forever. So I don't think that we should be rolling eyes at diet plans as if they get you to target and it dies the job then it dies t matter how you get there.

I won't roll my eyes at anyone Lou - if you are healthy, happy and it's working I will support you

you do what works for you, thats how we operate

I'd be interested to see how you get on and how you feel after a couple of weeks at it - good luck

Well done Smiley - another excellent loss :)

It was me who rolled eyes.But didn't call it a fad diet.

Fasting has been around for decades but because some chap made a programme about it everyone has jumped on it.

Lets see how many actually stick to it.I have seen one already drop out after 24 hours.Must be her fasting day.;)

I don't knock any plan because I have been there and if I stuck to my very first one I wouldn't of spent years trying to lose the weight.But along came another one and people were losing on it so I changed then came another one etc etc.

I have found one now that suits me and one I can stick to even if I get a gain I will just go back to cutting out the snacks.

I can see why people are trying it as his results were great.

Good luck Lou on trying it and I'm sure you'll get some good results from it but I know I couldn't eat 500 cals a day.

It wasn't a diet at all - I don't think his main reason for alternate day fasting was to loose weight (though this was obviously a benefit), it was to reduce the age related disease nasties floating around in his bloodstream, like a certain growth hormone. So it isn't a diet at all, it is a medical therapy to keep yourself younger - but because we are all mildly obsessed, we are focussing on the weight loss benefits.

I plan to do it when I get to goal, but I don't think the weight loss benefits are strong enough for me to do it as a diet strategy. Good for maintaining I recon.

I all,

I have recovered from my wedding, but have now come down with the flu! It was an amazing day, I couldn't be happier.

7739090750_2281cc0c56_k.jpg7739091946_cd6dc53d88_b.jpg7739094420_6323825c88_b.jpg7739096490_673cdedf07_b.jpg

Congratulations LJ - you looked lovely and so happy. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the flu and a successful continuation of your journey.

Lou - you look great too. Enjoy the weekend :)

I'm knackered - have been to the gym this morning, cycled 11 miles this afternoon and ran 5 miles off road, in mud and up very big hills. I have a 10 mile walk in the morning . . . Looking at the Aussie Olympic results I won't be surprised if they call me up to compete in 2016, so I'd better crack on with my training!!

Back