Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Congratulations LJ - you looked lovely and so happy. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the flu and a successful continuation of your journey.

Lou - you look great too. Enjoy the weekend :)

I'm knackered - have been to the gym this morning, cycled 11 miles this afternoon and ran 5 miles off road, in mud and up very big hills. I have a 10 mile walk in the morning . . . Looking at the Aussie Olympic results I won't be surprised if they call me up to compete in 2016, so I'd better crack on with my training!!

I think they need you badly!

I know the population is smaller out there, but it's been relatively quiet from the Aussies for London 2012

and long may it last!!

no offence, but tall poppy Aussies are too much!!

It's OK, Rod, I'm here to talk about pumping iron!

Chalk up one on the list of "Why the hell did I stop doing that?" for weight training. Didn't hit my ludicrous target, but managed 30 reps with each arm of a 13 kilo dumbell press this morning. Only managed to drop one on my face once! :character00115:

good stuff Smiley

I know a bit about pumping the iron, I was a committed gym rat for 15 years age 12- 27!

then I started Taekwondo!

so if you need help on those let me know!

dresses, I can't help with, sorry

Thanks Ladies.

Rod, I was definitely not expecting a commentary of my outfit... tho a "congrats" :airquote: might have been nice lol

Lovely frocks girls and congratulations LJ! :)

Another 1lb off for me this morning so just 2lbs to go now. So impatient but I refuse to up my exercise and decrease my food intake. Will just be a quick fix and not sustainable. I've been very conscious this time round of not doing anything which I won't be able to stick to for the rest of my life. There's a lady atmy work who went hell for leather with going to the gym and pool and of course as soon as she reached her target she eased off a little. She's now back again after putting a couple of stone back on. Been there, done that got the extra large t-shirt and ain't doing it again!

On a plus side picked up a top in tescos when I was shopping this morning in a 14 thinking it could be a little tight on the boobage. Fits and to be honest I might be able to get away with a 12. Happy Days! :)

Right back to the Modern Pentathalon (sp?) for me. Local(ish) lady in it tomorrow. Mhari Spence. Give her a cheer :)

Thanks Ladies.

Rod, I was definitely not expecting a commentary of my outfit... tho a "congrats" :airquote: might have been nice lol

have you lost any weight?

if so....congrats :airquote:

weddings make me cry :cry: LisaJade and I avoid them like the plague

another good man down in flames.....:hide:

Woke up this morning to find my facebook newsfeed FLOODED with stuff about Tom Daley and Mo Farrah! (I'm from Plymouth so it's like my whole city has gone nuts over Tom Daley, haha). So inspirational, I think! Found this interview with Mo Farrah and thought the last little bit could be applicable for us BBC Sport - Olympics 5,000m: Mo Farah delights in double gold :D

Woke up this morning to find my facebook newsfeed FLOODED with stuff about Tom Daley and Mo Farrah! (I'm from Plymouth so it's like my whole city has gone nuts over Tom Daley, haha). So inspirational, I think! Found this interview with Mo Farrah and thought the last little bit could be applicable for us BBC Sport - Olympics 5,000m: Mo Farah delights in double gold :D

Nice one FL, 'anything is possible, it's all just hard work and grafting'. True that!

On that note, can't bleedy believe I am up before 9 on a sunday morning to go running...but it's the only way I will have time to get in an 8 miler today. All that hard work and grafting will pay off in the end...

Well done bonnie. I e been up
Since half 7 with the kids.

I feel sooo illfrom drinking all day Thursday then drinking Friday too, I was poorly yesterday a d today I feel like I've been run over. I'm having a low cal day today a d doing a full house clean which I have to walk 3 miles there and 3 miles back WOOO :( I'm just thinking about how it will be good for me and undo my naughtiness lol. On a booze ban for a while now cos I can't cope with feeling like this anymore. I must be getting old ;)

Dresses - every girl has one that fits perfectly! I couldn't fit into mine for ages as it fits tightly to my waist - and that has unfortunately expanded of late.

Anyway I thought I would try my luck this morning and guess what......it fits!! (well i can get it done up but still need to work on the pot belly lol)

So now am I am all dolled up for work looking like a proper business woman....dress, heels, blazer! I even got a wolf whistle from my bf this morning when he woke up :)

sparty said:
Dresses - every girl has one that fits perfectly! I couldn't fit into mine for ages as it fits tightly to my waist - and that has unfortunately expanded of late.

Anyway I thought I would try my luck this morning and guess what......it fits!! (well i can get it done up but still need to work on the pot belly lol)

So now am I am all dolled up for work looking like a proper business woman....dress, heels, blazer! I even got a wolf whistle from my bf this morning when he woke up :)

Ooh brill!!! When your partner notices you know you've cracked it ;) my hubby gave me a 'look' when I walked downstairs at the wedding venue in my dress for the evening...well his jaw hit the floor actually haha it makes you feel
Good doesn't it? Bet you get a lot more wolf whistles today ;)

Lou i cant see your avatar pic properly as it wont let me click into it - dress is very pretty (from what i can see teehee) and you look fab!

Back