Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Morning Bassers - welcome to Sue (Fluffynan). I am still around but still having internet connection issues - grrrr. Just 2lbs away from goal for me now. Getting a tad impatient but have already spotted my reward for when I get there - Bravissimo have just emailed me with some of their new collection. Oooohh lovely undies - much better than celebrating with a meal out in my opinion.

Loving the photos Rod. I think you should have done an "off topic" one as well - for when we stray into talking about crap (not literally - although Lou does like to give us lots of info on her bowels on occasion :))! Have a good holiday.

Hi to everyone else. :wavey:

Hi Sparty & Lou - I'm a Saturday weigher so always go the loo before I get on the scales. Hubbie does the same. He managed a triumphant "2lb bob" on Saturday - he weighed before and after his loo visit. Honestly it was like he had just competed and won a gold medal. He was as proud as he could be. I was less so - but only cause I was jealous! :)

Wow 2 pound haha. I'm a bit of a bloke in my thinking at times, I'm not squeamish and I apparently have no shame haha. It comes in handy ;)

I'm looking afte my mums poodle cross. F-ing thing is doing my nut in, and the kids are doing my nut in aswell, I've literally spent 2 days shouting. I wonder if I can put that in MFP as exercise? Lol

I'm on an up day today, muesli for breakfast-rock and roll!!

Hi Lou - at least with this poodle you can get some extra exercise in without hurting your hernia/hip by talking it for walks? I bet you have a more healthy 'up' day today after feeling guilty the other day.

sparty said:
Hi Lou - at least with this poodle you can get some extra exercise in without hurting your hernia/hip by talking it for walks? I bet you have a more healthy 'up' day today after feeling guilty the other day.

Yeah weve been taking her twice a day, I haven't been in pain tbh I actually think it was related to (look away rod) my ovaries, there's a question mark over whether or not I have pcos, I have the symptoms but my bloods came back
Normal last time so it's a bit of a weird thing also I had the pain a d it worked out it was when I was ovulating so I'm wondering if one of the cysts burst? So will be interesting on the scan...even though I think they're only looking at my stomach and not at gynae stuff? Weird. As long as I get the all clear from it being a hernia I'm not too fussed really.

I'm not hungry. I have s bowl of muesli and just can't face it. But the point of this diet is to have higher cals on alternate days to keep the metabolism
Going so I need to eat or I'm basically just doing a vlcd. Eurgh. Forcing food down goes against everything I believe :/

hmmm....scrap the museli and have a bit of fruit? Then in an hour or so have something else little? Maybe little and often will work on your up days?

I'm with Sparty, sounds like the best method! Little and often!

I never liked Museli- I hate Raisions, Sultanas and Currents! But I found a Tesco one that has dried date in it instead and it's delish! I'm so grateful the main supermarket here is owned by Tesco so I can get good cereal from home!

I think Lou needs to change her user name to Lou - TMI!!!!

she is very "male" in her approach or maybe it's a Yorkshire thing??

anyway your comments on ovaries, PCOS, bowel movements and anything else to do with the toilet dept just make me laugh - and the lack of embarrassment makes me laugh more than the comments!

Nice to see you about Sue, good luck on hitting that goal sister - the "2lb BOB" made me spit my tea on the screen!! LOL

I'm going to have a look at what they have as I have gone from 38E/F to a 34D.Luckily I had some new ones at the house which I had bought years ago before the weight went on so picked those up last weekend.:)

Not done any measurements for a while so done some today as I usually just try clothes on and my waist is now 28 inch and hips are still large 35 inch.:rolleyes:

Off out for a walk in the rain.:)

35 inches large???? are you kidding me lol. my hips are about 42 inches!!! the so called perfect body is one where the bust and hips are 10 inches bigger than the waist giveing you the perfect hour glass figure....if your hips match your waist measurements youll be straight up and down like a ruler!!!

I may have to check out this catalogue too, just to make sure the bassers are buying correctly fitting underwear....

:hide:

I may have to check out this catalogue too, just to make sure the bassers are buying correctly fitting underwear....

:hide:

Ha Ha! Loving your "hands on" approach :)
Seriously though if the Mrs is anything from a D cup upwards then you can do no wrong buying undies from here. They even have a man corner where bored men can hang out whilst their other halfs are trying stuff on. It usually has a tv and lots of bloke type mags - Top Gear etc. You could request the Bristol(s) :) branch get in Bass Monthly or something like that!

hahaha perv! they may have some nice undies that you can buy for your wife....we dont say it out loud but we actually do like our men to buy us underwear they think we would look good in...providing they get the size right that is. my hubby recently won a 30 pound voucher at a raffle at a pub for some ann summers stuff (where they were holding an ann summer party in the next room) and he had to pick me something from the stuff there...i was all excited waiting for him to come home from the pub with my pressie....i opened to bag like a kid opening a pressie on christmas day, expecting to see some gorseous lingerie only to be face with not one but 2 long sleeved nighties....LONG SLEEVED NIGHTIES!!! i mean really. made me feel right sh1t about myself. he said there wasnt anything else that he liked? so since then he hasnt seen any bare flesh...AT ALL. buy me long sleeved nighties the b*****d

Ha Ha! Loving your "hands on" approach :)
Seriously though if the Mrs is anything from a D cup upwards then you can do no wrong buying undies from here. They even have a man corner where bored men can hang out whilst their other halfs are trying stuff on. It usually has a tv and lots of bloke type mags - Top Gear etc. You could request the Bristol(s) :) branch get in Bass Monthly or something like that!

hahaha perv! they may have some nice undies that you can buy for your wife....we dont say it out loud but we actually do like our men to buy us underwear they think we would look good in...providing they get the size right that is. my hubby recently won a 30 pound voucher at a raffle at a pub for some ann summers stuff (where they were holding an ann summer party in the next room) and he had to pick me something from the stuff there...i was all excited waiting for him to come home from the pub with my pressie....i opened to bag like a kid opening a pressie on christmas day, expecting to see some gorseous lingerie only to be face with not one but 2 long sleeved nighties....LONG SLEEVED NIGHTIES!!! i mean really. made me feel right sh1t about myself. he said there wasnt anything else that he liked? so since then he hasnt seen any bare flesh...AT ALL. buy me long sleeved nighties the b*****d

I go shopping on my own twice a year - 30th June and 24th dec

there is no way on this planet I would get dragged about shops, even if they had Bass Monthly in there.

I don't read the mags, I am IN THE MAGS!!

Lou - that is very funny. Men are crap aren't they?

We do it on purpose you do know that? See, there's nothing funnier than an outraged wife looking at her husband in that exasperated way usually reserved for a puppy in a puddle

Apart from farts.

They are the funniest

sadly, it appears my farting days are over.

this is due to my healthy diet and fruit intake

Last edited:
Oooohhhh dear - my bf wouldn't dare buy long sleeved nighties!! Biiiiiig no no!!

He did try to buy me a set the first Xmas we were together. He roped my friend into going with him in case he picked something I would hate but in the end decided that none of it was 'classy enough' for me. (which earned him lots of brownie points).

Think I will get some new bits next week while I am away.......might as well make use of the posh hotel room eh sue ;)

in the end decided that none of it was 'classy enough' for me

thats the best kop out I've ever heard, I'll have to remember that one

and fancy taking your mate, like you want your mate to know what your undies look like

i'd have gone to the pub

but even if i say I've been to the pub, my OH never believes me

"you've been fishing haven't you??"

(sigh) I am so predictable

Last edited:
Long sleeved nighties! Oh my God! That would make me so cross! Haha.

I am single with no one on the radar so the only person appreciating my Knicks is me! Hoping that the weightloss will make me feel more confident about putting myself out there!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I didn't even know you could get long sleeved nighties??

whats so wrong with them?

some men (not me) wear pyjamas..they got sleeves?

you'll have to educate me again

I'm learning a lot lately..I don't get this info out on the rocks in a force 7!!!

P1030001.jpg

I get this!

Oooohhhh dear - my bf wouldn't dare buy long sleeved nighties!! Biiiiiig no no!!

He did try to buy me a set the first Xmas we were together. He roped my friend into going with him in case he picked something I would hate but in the end decided that none of it was 'classy enough' for me. (which earned him lots of brownie points).

Think I will get some new bits next week while I am away.......might as well make use of the posh hotel room eh sue ;)

Oooh Sparty you Minx! Yep gotta make the most of a posh hotel room - it's a mantra I always keep to. Mind you - a Premier Inn is just as good! :)

Back