Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Second Lou's take on the bananas - I now only eat half at a time on my cereal in the morning. I resent 'spending' more than 50 calories on fruit in any one hit!

I love bananas but I will strike 'em off the list

currently chowing thro' a punnet of strawbs!

I love bananas but I will strike 'em off the list

currently chowing thro' a punnet of strawbs!

I'm trying to take a generally Low GI approach to things which means no Bananas (and no watermelon!) as they are high in sugar. I do miss them though. I have Peaches with Breakfast instead and Pineapple a few time a week!

here's a great bit of news for me

My mate Nick (who donated the Bass logo for the stickers that Lisajade did) has been taking a keen interest in my weight loss travails and insisted on being kept up to date weekly with my results. he lives in Devon but I see him often.

Fine, I thought, he's being supportive - thats very un-male but there you go, he's a good mate

Today he has let me in on why....

I've just had a text from him in France (he's out there fishing for a month!)

"hows the weight coming off - remind me of your target and goal??"

so I did

next text...

"gald to see you are on target. If you do it we are off to the USA in June for stripers (thats BIG yankee bass) and your ticket is on me - make sure you do it you tw@t"

so there you go

a free trip to USA for a week fishing for stripers - and possibly a day on a marlin boat too......

I think we can say I'll make my target...!!!

LOL

Rod the Bass said:
here's a great bit of news for me

My mate Nick (who donated the Bass logo for the stickers that Lisajade did) has been taking a keen interest in my weight loss travails and insisted on being kept up to date weekly with my results. he lives in Devon but I see him often.

Fine, I thought, he's being supportive - thats very un-male but there you go, he's a good mate

Today he has let me in on why....

I've just had a text from him in France (he's out there fishing for a month!)

"hows the weight coming off - remind me of your target and goal??"

so I did

next text...

"gald to see you are on target. If you do it we are off to the USA in June for stripers (thats BIG yankee bass) and your ticket is on me - make sure you do it you tw@t"

so there you go

a free trip to USA for a week fishing for stripers - and possibly a day on a marlin boat too......

I think we can say I'll make my target...!!!

LOL

Wow that is amazing!! Tell nick I am running low on friends and I quite fancy the Caribbean ;)

Stripers?? (not strippers? Lol)

Wow that is amazing!! Tell nick I am running low on friends and I quite fancy the Caribbean ;)

Stripers?? (not strippers? Lol)

Oh wow that's amazing. What a fab friend. I'd quite like to swim with dolphins should he feel the need to share the love ;)

probably strippers too!!!

Nick is a diamond, I've helped him loads with my time sorting clients, doing guiding for free when he's busy or stuck, I've also done some marketing etc for him - but this is something else eh???

this is sort of the holy grail, the ULTIMATE bass fishing in the world.....I'm knocked out!

Wow! What an awesome friend!

Let him know that I like the sound of Bali ;)

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Marvellous. Major allergy kick off today from cutting the grass yesterday. I feel crap. I'm on an up day but am limiting cals to 1800 as I over did it on the last 2 up days I think. I'm not sure I feel slimmer at all. I feel swollen from the hay fever. Damn it.

To you runners, I had my second run yesterday, I was on a DD so had only had 400cals when I went for the run and I had a bad one. I felt like my legs were less weights, I was all over the place, I lost the spring in my step was awful!! Was this due to running on empty? Or did I just have a bad run? X

i hate hay fever!!!!

sounds like you were running on empty to me - try doing the running on your up days and maybe just walking/toning on your down days?

sparty said:
i hate hay fever!!!!

sounds like you were running on empty to me - try doing the running on your up days and maybe just walking/toning on your down days?

Yeah i think I will. I felt really ill when I came home but after my cuppa soup was fine so knew it was a lack of food thing. I'm going Sunday which is an up day so I'll go every up day after that. I liked to go on DD cos it stops me sitting thinking about food. But I think I might use my DD to do pamper stuff like my nails and pluck my eye brows lol anything to keep my hands busy!!

conlou1 said:
Marvellous. Major allergy kick off today from cutting the grass yesterday. I feel crap. I'm on an up day but am limiting cals to 1800 as I over did it on the last 2 up days I think. I'm not sure I feel slimmer at all. I feel swollen from the hay fever. Damn it.

To you runners, I had my second run yesterday, I was on a DD so had only had 400cals when I went for the run and I had a bad one. I felt like my legs were less weights, I was all over the place, I lost the spring in my step was awful!! Was this due to running on empty? Or did I just have a bad run? X

Personally, I think that it might be partially physical, in doing it on.down days and psychological since it is hard starting a new activity. That being said, doing it on your up days will probably solve both!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Back