Tracey's Food Diary!

Tracey86

I have just joined Mini Mins and Slimming World Online so thought posting a food diary would be a brilliant way of keeping on track and also getting all of you experienced slimming worlder's advice and comments on my eating habits- hopefully if I'm doing anything wrong or could improve anything, you guys will be able to steer me on the right track if you don't mind. :)

This is my second day on plan but I'll just start from today to keep it easier to follow. I'm doing extra easy days:

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled Eggs on 2 Slices of WW wholemeal bread (HEB) with 1/2 tbsp of Ketchup (0.5 Syns).
Bowl of raspberries and chopped up banana with 2 tpsn of VLF natural yoghurt.

Lunch: Pasta with grated carot, spinach, yellow pepper, red onion, cherry toms and ham mixed with VLF fromaige frais and 1 tspn wholegrain mustard (0.5 Syns) A few slimming world crisps, a blueberry shape zero yoghurt and an orange.

Dinner: Spaghettie Bolognaise (sauce made with mushrooms, onions, courgettes, carrots, garlic, passata and chopped toms) topped with 42g reduced fat cheese. Natural Yoghurt with grapes and raspberries.
Snacks: 2 x yellow plums, Alpen light bar (3 syns)
Drinks: 4 x sugar free blackcurrant squash

Total Syns= 4

I'm loving cooking all the foods, made some SW quiche for lunches today and some tomato sauce for bolognaise and stuff for the freezer and a couple of cottage pies but I haven't been to work yet since starting the plan so I guess the hard work begins tomorrow!

Tracey xxx

Last edited:
Ok so day 3 and still going well although have been back at work today and I work in a nursery where the children have delicious things such as chocolate krispies cakes and garlic bread which I would normally help myself to as we are encouraged to eat with the children. But I resisted..god knows where I found the will power but I did! lol

Anyway todays diary:

BF: 2 x weetabix (HEB) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEA) and Raspberries. Apple

Lunch:
Pasta with grated carot, spinach, yellow pepper, red onion, cherry toms and ham mixed with EL Mayo (0.5 syns) and 1 tspn wholegrain mustard (0.5 Syns) A few slimming world crisps, a passionfruit and peach shape zero yoghurt, 2 yellow plums and a handful of grapes.

Dinner: Tesco Value Golden Vegetable Rice, 2 small fillets of white fish, Green Beans (Not quite 1/3 superfree I don't think..)

Snacks: Banana, Alpen Light Bar (3 syns), Small slice of SW quiche, Grapes, Wholemeal Roll (6syns) with 3 EL laughing cow cheeses (1/2 Hea)

Drinks: 4 x no added sugar fruit salad squash, 2 x NAS blackcurrant squash

TOTAL SYNS: 10

I'm sure I'll probably have a bit of something later on...not sure what yet but the night is young and no doubt I'll get the munchies in an hour or so.

xxx

Last edited:
Day 4

I have really really enjoyed my meals today-:)

BF: 2 x weetabix (HEB) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEA) and Raspberries. Apple

Lunch: SW Quiche made with eggs, cottage cheese, lean bacon, mushrooms, red onion, spinach and cherry toms. 4 cold new poatoes, 1tbsp ketchup (1 syn). Grapes, Orange, Yoghurt

Dinner: Cottage Pie made with: lean mince, mushrooms, onions, chopped tomatoes and topped with potato and swede mash and 21g LF cheese (1/2 HEA). Had it with Carrots, brocolli and sweetcorn and 140ml Gravy (2.5 syns)

Snacks: Banana, Alpen Light Bar (3 syns),

Drinks: 2 x no added sugar fruit salad squash, 1 x NAS blackcurrant squash, 1 diet coke, 1 water

TOTAL SYNS: 6.5 syns

I had a bit of a melt down when we got in tonight about forever having to be in the kitchen cooking, pre-slimming world it was conveinience foods and take aways all the time for us. I do enjoy cooking, I just find it hard work after a long and difficult day at work, I have a very physical job. But I had my moan and then felt much better and I'm ok again now.

I don't know if anybody is reading my diary but if you are could you tell me if my meals are ok and if I'm doing SW correctly please? I'm new at this and am an online member only so could use your opinions.

Thank you xxxx

Last edited:
I was a bit naughty last night and had a curly wurly- I really wanted something sweet- 6 syns taking yesterdays total to 12.5.

Today:

BF: 2 poached eggs on 2 slices WW brown bread (hexb), Apple

Lunch: SW Quiche made with eggs, cottage cheese, lean bacon, mushrooms, red onion, spinach and cherry toms. 100g tesco mushroom cous cous (0.5 syns), 1tbsp ketchup (1 syn). Grapes, Orange, Yoghurt

Dinner: Very weird dinner but enjoyed it! Potato and swede mash (left overs from cottage pie), pan fried (fry light) chicken breast, spaghetti hoops, mushrooms and brocolli. Also had 42g LF cheese on potato and hoops (hexA)

Snacks: Banana, Alpen Light Bar (3 syns), Apple and raspberries with lf natural yoghurt and sweetner

Drinks: 2 x no added sugar fruit salad squash, 2 x NAS blackcurrant squash,1 water

TOTAL SYNS: 4.5 syns

I would really really appreciate some feedback on my food as I really don't know what I'm doing yet with SW and your advice and suggestions (even if it is that I'm doing it wrong) would be brilliant! Thank you!:)

Last edited:
Was just wondering about HEXA's. If I don't have any cheese or milk in my meals for the day, am I ok to use my HEXA by just having a glass of milk or a cup of warm milk before bed?

xxx

im new to this too but everything seems fine to me you are eating plenty and all seems varied food good luck x

You seem very organised and I like your mixture of foods.:)
I am bored eating same stuff, so will use some tips from your diary:peep:
Looks okay to me but I am not an expert, especially as my weight loss is so slow;)
I have my milk in a milky de-caff coffee at night.
For some reason my hubbie makes a wonderful milky coffee, never the same if I make it, hehe!:)

Thank you smileyjo and holidaygirl.

holidaygirl- haha! I may be organised now but its only my first week- the novelty may well wear off but hopefully not! I know what you mean about hubby making your coffee, my partner makes tea much better than me too!

Right today's diary:

BF: 2 poached eggs on 2 slices WW brown bread (hexb), Apple

Lunch: 150g tesco mushroom cous cous (1 syn) with tuna,
red onion, spinach, yellow peppers and cherry toms, Grapes, Orange, Yoghurt

Dinner: Another weird combination! Jacket potatoe with 3x EL laughing cow (1/2 hexA) mashed in, brocolli, sweetcorn and carrots, prawn and crabsticks mixed with 2 tbsp EL mayo (1 syn)

Snacks: Banana, CupCake (10syns:(:eek::mad:)

Drinks: 2 x no added sugar fruit salad squash, 1 x NAS blackcurrant squash,1 water

TOTAL SYNS: 12 syns

I'm really mad with myself for the cupcake. We had a cake sale in the nursery where I work for comic relief and I just coudln't resist so I brought one and ate it this afternoon on my break, it was delicious but I felt so guilty after I'd eaten it! I haven't got a clue about how many syns it is but the online directory says a chocolate cupcake 45g is 10.5 and this was just a plain sponge one with vanilla icing, I'd guess it was about the same weight so I've gone with 10.

Cross with myself though!

x

Omg! Can't believe I forgot to put my weigh in result in.

Right, this is a bit of a long story but basically my scales broke mid-week so I've had to have a new set which I think are saying I'm lighter than my old ones. So this week my weigh in might be slightly inaccurate but now I've got decent new scales at least I know from next weigh in, it will all be accurate.
So, according to my new scales I have lost 1stone 1lb!!!!
I can hardly believe it, even if I know it is wrong! It can't be that wrong! :)

x

My first full weekend on SW and it has been a tricky one because we have been to PIL2B's so had to rely on somebody else cooking but it has been ok. Although I know I haven't had anywhere near the amount of superfree I should have been having- something to work on next weekend definately as we are good at the 1/3 superfree thing during the week.

Ok, so yesterday:

BF: Natural Yoghurt, Raspberries and an Orange.

Lunch: Spaghetti Hoops, ham and 42g LF cheese (hexA) on 2 slices brown ww bread (hexB)
Apple

Dinner: Mayflower chicken curry (6.5syns) 1/2 portion mayflower egg fried rice (1 syn), a few sw chips, brocolli, carrots and green beans.

Snacks: grapes

Drinks: 1 x NAS blackcurrant squash,1 water, 4 diet coke (whoops- trying to lay off fizzy pop!)

TOTAL SYNS: 7.5 syns

looking good honey, diet coke is ok its free, i use it to get my sweet fix without sweeties :)

Today:

BF: 2 rashers lean bacon, chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 x WW bread (hexB)

Lunch: 2 egg omlette with 3 x laughing cow cheese (HexA) and ham, some smash, 1tpsn ketchup (1 syn) banana, vanilla muller light. (VERY RUBBISH LUNCH I KNOW!)

Dinner: (Going to Mum's for Sunday Dinner- it will be as follows) Skinless chicken thighs, boiled potatos, brocolli, carrots, peas, cauliflower, yorkshire puds x 2 (6 syns), gravy (2.5 syns)

Snacks: 6 crabsticks, 1 harvest morn bar (3 syns)

Drinks: 2 water, 2 diet coke (whoops again!)

TOTAL SYNS: 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Thanks Ronnie :) I know its free, I just find it bloats me up a bit but your right- it feels like a treat doesn't it when really it's not. x

Hi Tracy, just popped in to say hello :wavey:

Lol @ your scales! What a great start! ;)

Don't beat yourself up over that cupcake on Friday hun - you are doing really really well and are keeping well within your syns. It's really important to have your syns ... it's a well tried and tested plan and research shows you are more likely to stay on plan if you have them.

Your meals are lovely and varied. Well done so far! :D

i have a bottle of pepsi max hidden in my desk - must get some more whilst on offer lol and have a glass of that at lunch at work and it feels like a treat lol lunch looks ok hon would have put a bit more sf in but you have it in your brekkie and dinner enjoy :)

Thank you Ali- I think the scales got water in them when my OH was in the shower because the screen kinda looked bubbly but we've got the new ones now so next weeks WI will be accurate. Thank you for commenting on my meals, its reassuring that more experienced members think my meals are ok- I really appreicate your comments. Damn the silly cupcake though! lol

Ronnie- My Mum and my MIL2b think that me and OH only drink coke and fizzy pop but we hardly ever have it at home so when we go to their houses its a massive treat! lol I know- there was no SF at lunch time, was a bit annoyed with myself to be honest but nevermind, its only one meal I suppose. We just needed something quick as we'd just got back from tesco and were both really hungry.

I made a SW quiche this afternoon with loads of veg for lunches at work this week and made fish pie for dinner tomorrow too so that will make the week a bit easier.

Thanks again ladies
xxx

i 'hide' my sf veg in my dinners and lunches and have fruit as a snack when i cant. i am always hungry so its not like i am eating it for the sake of it. good luck hon

Monday 21st March

Booooo, I'm not feeling well today. I had a bit of a sniffle yesterday but today I feel dreadful- blocked up nose, sore throat, horrible cough etc etc! I'm sure this isn't right, I start eating healthily and then get poorley! Grrr, anyway sorrry- moan over!

Todays diary:

BF: 2 x weetabix (HEXb) 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa), raspberries and apple

Lunch:
SW Quiche made with eggs, cottage cheese, lean bacon, mushrooms, red onion, spinach and cherry toms. 4 cold new poatoes, 1tbsp ketchup (1 syn). Grapes, clementine, Yoghurt. 2 x red plums

Dinner: Syn Free Fish Pie (from SW website but it wasn't very nice so won't have it again), brocolli, green beans

Snacks: Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Drinks: 2 x NAS tropical squash,3 water

TOTAL SYNS: 7 syns

xxx

Tuesday 22nd March

I feel loads better today, still got a very irritating cough though and could keep kleenex in business single handedly but on the whole much better yay!!!

For some reason I have been ravenous today:

BF: 2 x weetabix (HEXb) 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa), banana and apple

Lunch:
SW Quiche made with eggs, cottage cheese, lean bacon, mushrooms, red onion, spinach and cherry toms. 4 cold new poatoes, 1tbsp ketchup (1 syn). Grapes, clementine, Yoghurt. 2 x red plums

Dinner: Chicken Stir fry with Tesco oriental veg mix, plain noodles and soy sauce. Followed by handful grapes and 21g LF cheese cubes (1/2 HEXa)

Snacks: Clementine, 1 yellow plum, 1 red plum, harvest morn bar (3 syns)

Drinks: 4 x NAS tropical squash

TOTAL SYNS: 4 syns

If I get myself some throat sweets like lockets or something, do I need to syn them?

x

Me too, re the cold:(
Just can't shrug mine off at all and now chest hurts from coughing so much!
Glad you are feeling a bit better today.
I am the opposite, am having to force myself to eat anything, not like me at all:D

Back