trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

sunday 2nd jan

hi gail sorry am on here really late tonight have been out all day with o/h then picked my daughter up from work at 8 but had to take her to the hosp to see the doc shes got a viral infection, didn't get home till 10.30 gggrrrr. anyway yes had a good day yesterday and also today went in a cafe for lunch was very pleased with myself had beans on w/m toast (no butter) they have lovely cornish pasties, so today......
GREEN DAY
breakfast- banana and latte h/e a

lunch - beans on toast 2x h/e b pear and clementine

dinner- bacon supernoodles 6.5 syns pear and clementine

snack
cereal bar 6.5 syns
total syns = 13

Last edited:
monday 3rd jan

have had another 100% day so far :D
have been busy today so haven't kept thinking about food ........

green day
breakfast- milky coffee h/e a pear and melon

lunch- pear, bacon super noodles with bean sprouts 6.5 syns

dinner- 2 eggs on toast 2 h/e b brown sauce 2 syns

evening- milky coffee h/e a
clementine and pear
light crisps 5 syns
total syns = 12.5

Last edited:
Going good Val, keep it up!

My first weigh in tonight, will start a similar thread to yours to see how I get on.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Cheers

Ian.

Well done Val. I'm so proud of you :D

You don't seem to eat that much though. I'm sure I eat loads more than you......!

Gail x

hi gail well i was eating loads but didn't lose much so thought i would eat when i felt hungry and eat till i'm comfortably full usually i eat non stop all day and don't leave any( its a new strategy of mine lol) hope u've had a good day xx

hi dancingqueen i think there are several different quiche recipes on here but i use
4 eggs
pot cottage cheese think it's about 300g (i blend it cause i think it's better or i use quark)
salt and pepper
than anything else you want to add to it i sometimes use bacon or ham and mushrooms and onion (fried in frylight first) or do a mixed veg one e.g peppers, mushrooms, brocolli ' onion etc cook them first then drain well. mix every thing together, spray dish with frylight and cook till golden on top, it's reminded me that i haven't made one for a while going to have to do one now.happy eating :)

tues 4th jan

oh b****r just wrote my post out and lost it i keep doing that ggggrrrr must be an age thing.
was saying i am on my 4th day 100% on plan must be a first for me hee hee but i haven't been feeling so hungry probably because i am in the right frame of mind
and have been eating conciously and slowly ( i usually wolf it down :17729:) so think it's made a difference. one thing i need to change is the amount i drink i have 1 or 2 milky coffees but not much else i need to drink lots of water which i am going to try and do :eek: any way here is todays menu

extra easy
breakfast- banana and milky coffee h/e a

lunch- bacon supernoodles (god i love these) and bean sprouts 6 syns

dinner- 2 rashers bacon, baked beans, tomato, egg and toast h/e b
pear

evening- shape zero yoghurt
ooooops nearly forgot i made a s/w rice pudding and had a small bowl full yum yum
2 clementines
low fat crisps 5 syns
total syns = 11

Last edited:
hi dancingqueen i think there are several different quiche recipes on here but i use
4 eggs
pot cottage cheese think it's about 300g (i blend it cause i think it's better or i use quark)
salt and pepper
than anything else you want to add to it i sometimes use bacon or ham and mushrooms and onion (fried in frylight first) or do a mixed veg one e.g peppers, mushrooms, brocolli ' onion etc cook them first then drain well. mix every thing together, spray dish with frylight and cook till golden on top, it's reminded me that i haven't made one for a while going to have to do one now.happy eating :)

Thank you, I'm sorry if I'm being stupid but is a quiche without pastry? I'd definitely like to try one!

hi hun yes this one is, thats why its so good i don't notice the lack of pastry. try it and see if u like it it's handy to have in the fridge then if u get peckish can have a piece without worrying about the syns :)

Thank you so much. I actually don't like pastry very much and usually leave half of it when I eat quiche so I'm definitely going to make it. Syn free is great too! Now just to find a tin to put it in!!

Unfortunately I luuuurve pastry !!! But haven't eaten it for ages. Still miss it and will treat myself from time to time (within syns though). I should try the SW quiche sometime. Thanks !

Val, I am sooooooo delighted that you are back on track. Do you feel a bit less likely to fall off the rails now ? I always do after only a few days properly on plan. Great news.

Gail x

I'm cooking to make the quiche on friday, thanks again Val!
Also glad you're back on track, hope you're feeling better for it. I'm back on track and feeling really good. Excited about new SW friendly recipes I'm making - curried prawns with jacket potato and salad tomorrow!

hi gail and dancingqueen have to say i feel great at the moment i feel more in control than ever b4 but i do know how quickly i can go back off plan usually through not eating properly through the day then feel hungry and eat everything in sight that's not s/w friendly even stuff my face ful of rubbish that i don't like :eek:i think forward planning is the key....i have plenty of yogs in the fridge, low syn crisps and made a s/w rice pudding that wil last me a few days so i still have naughty tasting bits that are s/w friendly :D hope ur both having a good day on plan xx

Last edited:
have decided to have a red today just for a change
breakfast-banana, pear and shape zero yoghurt and milky coffee h/e a

lunch- haslet sandwich with brown sauce h/e b and 7.5 syns

dinner- liver and bacon 1 syn for gravy only have a smidgin, brocolli, carrots and swede

evening- milky coffee h/e a 2 clementines
hi-fi bar h/e b
total syns = 8.5

changed my mind about lunch saw haslet was only 1.5 syns so had it in a sandwich with brown sauce yum yum but did think afterwards the supernoodles and beans shoots that i was going to eat would have been more filling will have to see if i get hungry earlier than i should eeeek

Last edited:
hi hun of course you can

1 smallish cup of pudding rice
4 cups water ( use same cup)
put in a large dish and put in microwave for around 15 to 20 mins, i usually take it out after 9 mins and stir it,cook until grains are soft.
while it's still warm add sweetener to taste i put about 5 tbs in.
let it go cold then add 2 or 3 vanilla mullerlight ( i used the lidl one).
i used 2 pots cause i like my rice thick :) then put it in fridge, i don't usually eat it till the next day to give the yoghurt chance to flavour the rice but last night i didn't wait and still loved it, you could add cinnamon or nutmeg to it i'm going to buy a tin of prunes and have it as a h/e to go with my rice yummmmmyyyyyy lol. it doesn't matter what size cup u use as long as u use same cup for measuring the water but a small cup makes a good sized bowlfull, it's free on green and extra easy hope u like it as much as i do x

Last edited:
hi hun of course you can

1 smallish cup of pudding rice
4 cups water ( use same cup)
put in a large dish and put in microwave for around 15 to 20 mins, i usually take it out after 9 mins and stir it,cook until grains are soft.
while it's still warm add sweetener to taste i put about 5 tbs in.
let it go cold then add 2 or 3 vanilla mullerlight ( i used the lidl one).
i used 2 pots cause i like my rice thick :) then put it in fridge, i don't usually eat it till the next day to give the yoghurt chance to flavour the rice but last night i didn't wait and still loved it, you could add cinnamon or nutmeg to it i'm going to buy a tin of prunes and have it as a h/e to go with my rice yummmmmyyyyyy lol. it doesn't matter what size cup u use as long as u use same cup for measuring the water but a small cup makes a good sized bowlfull, it's free on green and extra easy hope u like it as much as i do x

this sounds delicious, will try later xxx

Back