trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Evening/morning Valerie x

Congratulations on losing 1.5lbs this week! I could've done with that...I sts tonite!

Your food looks lovely as always hunni xx

Well done, Val, on your loss this week, you are doing great! Hope you have a nice week away next week - we'll all miss your posts! :wave_cry:

hi dawn, rosie & jane thanks for your messages x i had a lovely holiday but have come back about 4lbs heavier :eatdrink023:lol had chips, cream cakes and chocolate went completely off track ( i blame it on not having any internet access) but back on it today, hopefully i will claw some of it back b4 weigh in on tues ;) hope ur all ok will have a look though ur diaries in a min to see what i have missed love val xx

Last edited:
Hi Val

4lbs is nowt! See, you CAN do it. Hope you had a good time and they had Shapers bars where you were. Dammit! I am hooked on them too now!

Pomooky XXX

Hi Val, just popped in for a browse between tv programmes and lo and behold you had just posted half an hour ago - talk about telepathy! :rolleyes: Glad you had a good holiday, I'm sure the weather was kind for you, it has been very mild with us! :)

You will soon get back on track and I look forward to your food diaries again. Had a bit of a run in with a new set of scales bought a few days ago in Tesco. :eek: Thought I had put on over half a stone until DH asked me if I found the new scales were ok. Seems he was weighing in heavy too - and we both had independent weigh-ins at our different doctors recently so knew our correct weight. So fished out the old scales from the bin :D and took the new ones back to Tesco today and got full refund. :p Can do without scares - scales - like that!! :jelous:

Hi Val

4lbs is nowt! See, you CAN do it. Hope you had a good time and they had Shapers bars where you were. Dammit! I am hooked on them too now!

Pomooky XXX

hi pomooky nice to hear from you, i didn't buy any shapers bars thats probably why i was craving chocolate and cakes lol i have run out at home and forgot to get them today :eek: i will have to get a stock of them tomorrow, they are a bit moorish aren't they what flavours have you tried? hope all is ok with you thanks for looking in xx

Hi Val, just popped in for a browse between tv programmes and lo and behold you had just posted half an hour ago - talk about telepathy! :rolleyes: Glad you had a good holiday, I'm sure the weather was kind for you, it has been very mild with us! :)

You will soon get back on track and I look forward to your food diaries again. Had a bit of a run in with a new set of scales bought a few days ago in Tesco. :eek: Thought I had put on over half a stone until DH asked me if I found the new scales were ok. Seems he was weighing in heavy too - and we both had independent weigh-ins at our different doctors recently so knew our correct weight. So fished out the old scales from the bin :D and took the new ones back to Tesco today and got full refund. :p Can do without scares - scales - like that!! :jelous:

hi rosie yes we were lucky with the weather had 1 dampish day rest of week was good, as you said very mild we don't usually go away this late in the year due to the weather.
it was lucky that u had been weighed recently otherwise you would have thought u had put loads on :eek:. have a great week love val xx

saturday 12th november
EXTRA EASY
breakfast- apple & grapes, latte (h/e a)
lunch- vegetable soup with carrots, parsnip,potato,onion,pearl barley & split peas
dinner- turkey, cabbage, carrots & garden peas
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) banana, mullerlight yoghurt
trying not to have any syns after my sin filled week :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Welcome home Val! It's good to have you back hunni...we missed you! Xxx

Lovely to see you back Val and pleased that you enjoyed the break. You will get rid of the gain in no timei am sure. x

sunday 13th november

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- banana, grapes, latte (h/e a)
lunch- veg stir fry with bean sprouts,white & green cabbage, onion, red,yellow & green peppers, carrots soy sauce pear
dinner- beef, new pots, cabbage,carrots, swede small yorkshire pudding (3 syns)
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) fruit salad with mango, apple, pear, melon & pineapple blackberry shape delight (0.5 syns) omg delicious
have to say i've been very healthy today lol
walked 2.72 miles today :)

Last edited:
Looking good Val. Whats a blackberry shape delight? x

good afternoon jane it's just a shape yoghurt but it's a new version of the old one can't remember what it used to be called but it was meant to make u feel full for longer it had a slightly funny texture to it, it's now called shape delight and it's very thick & creamy there are several flavours some are free but a few have syns but well worth it :)

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Apple Crumble, 120g pot ½½½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Blackberry, 120g pot ½½½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Cherry, 100g Free Free Free

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Mango, 120g pot ½ ½ ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Peach & Passionfruit, 120g pot ½ ½ ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Raspberry, 120g pot ½ ½ ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Rhubarb Crumble, 120g pot ½ ½ ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Strawberry,100g Free Free Free

Last edited:
i have just tried quinoa for the first time haven't decided whether i like it or not :rolleyes: it's got a slight nutty taste & when it's cooked it splits into two and dare i say it thought it resembled sperm in my bowl :eek: not that i've seen a bowl full just what i've seen under microscopes on tv lol, as i made loads i will try it tomorrow with prunes going to pretend it's porridge :cool: well now that i've put people off of trying it will do my food for today :D
monday 14th november

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- pear & apple
lunch- homemade beef chow mein with red,yellow & green peppers, onion 1 tsp olive oil (2 syns) sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)
dinner- 3 slices of ham, banana, pear, strawberry shape delight
snacks- quinoa, hi-fi bar (h/e b) latte (h/e b) mmmmmm found a shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns)

Last edited:
What an imagination!! Porridge will never be the same, or quinoa, or cous cous.... Your post made me laugh - I have never seen quinoa with tails!

You'd better not try barley then.. :eek:

Pomooky XXX

What an imagination!! Porridge will never be the same, or quinoa, or cous cous.... Your post made me laugh - I have never seen quinoa with tails!

You'd better not try barley then.. :eek:

Pomooky XXX

just been and had another look,thick & gloopey now ha! ha! :rotflmao:

solid now ha! ha! :rotflmao:

image-3446253917.jpg

See what I mean x

Last edited:
Ooh...I'm REALLY not sure about that sperm stuff Val...;)

But I HAVE to try those Yoghurts! Xx Especially the Apple crumble one...thanks for putting the syns up hun xxx

Back