TrixieB has gone on vacation...back mid January

Well I knew there was a reason for making such small little mini goals for myself....I get to mark one off today woo hoo!!

1. Weight under 230 (229) 17/10/2010 :):)
2. Lose 1/2 a stone (228)
3. Weigh under 16 stone (223)
4. Lose 1 stone (221)
5. Weigh under 100kg (219)
6. Lose 1 1/2 stone (214)
7. Weight under 15 stone (209)
8. Lose 2 stone (207)
9. Lose 2 1/2 stone (200)
10. Weigh under 200 (199)

Oh great, just checked the Run/Walk programme and woohoo I don't have to run two minutes in a row tomorrow....it is still one minute running and two minutes walking, and repeating 8 times...totally 24 minutes. Have funeral to go to at 11am, but kids are staying off school and going to funeral as well, so there is no reason why I can't get my exercise in before 9am!! And will still be getting a little lie in for myself.

Good night all....

Good afternoon,

Well my lie in this morning lasted a bit longer than planned...alarm started going off at 8 and I reset it a few times, did not get much rest over the weekend and needed a bit of extra sleep today!!!

Even with the late lie in I was still out running at 915,:chores016: and felt great after. Normally I follow the road to the left of my driveway which is flat flat flat, but today, as I was adding a bit of time to the Run/Walk, I decided to push myself a bit more and go right....up a very steep hill, what a challenge that was, but did I feel fab after, and of course if you go up hill at the start you get to go DOWN HILL at the end, that was lovely and easier, only thing is...I did the second half of the Run/Walk 2 minutes faster so ended up back home with 2 minutes left to do....so I ended up passing my house to finish off...well at least the curtains were closed and my family wouldn't be wondering what mommy/wife was doing running past the house!!

The funeral was very sad, but the food afterwards was very slimming world friendly, there was lovely unbattered chicken breast and thighs, wholemeal irish brown bread, plain salads of pasta, tomatoes and lettuce and other cold meats and lots of tea and coffee...not a sandwich in sight. Of course there was plenty of sausage rolls, white bread rolls, bbq ribs, mayo ladened salads, cakes, buns etc.... but I was able to make a nice healthy plate of food using my free foods on a green day and 2 HEBs...one slice brown bread and one breast of chicken. I had a fairy cake - which is 5 syns in the SW book (this was a really luscious one so I will give it 10 syns to be on the safe side).

So here is what I have and haven't eaten yet today!!

Green Day

Breakfast
Couscous, mixed berries, banana and Vitalinea yogurt

Lunch
Chicken Breast HEB, wholemeal brown bread HEB, salad greens, pasta, and luscious fairy cake 10 syns

Snack
1/2 galia melon

Dinner
Potato cut into wedges and roasted, baked beans, 42g low fat cheddar HEA, spinach leaves with low fat honey and mustard dressing 1 syn and Activia Intensely Cream 2 1/2 syns

Exercise
24 minutes Run/Walk
20 minutes walk (in high heeled boots from church to graveyard....oouuuccccHHHH)

Drinks
coffee 3 x 2 tbsp milk 1.5 syns

So that is 2 HEB, 1 HEA and 15 syns.

have a great afternoon/evening!!! TB:character00238:

Good evening, :)

Watching corrie and thinking about what will be on the menu tomorrow. I think I will have another Green Day, so here is my planned menu...

Breakfast
Couscous, banana, mixed berries and Vitalinea yogurt

Lunch
Pasta, Trattoria Verde Herb and Tomato pasta sauce 5 syns, 2 x 28g cream cheese 2HEB

Supper
roasted veggies....potato, butternut squash, carrots, parsnips and red onion, 28g cheddar HEA and mixed fruit salad and Vitalinea yogurt

Drinks
coffee 3 x 2tbsp milk 1 1/2 syns
water 5 pints

Exercise
20 minute walk

So that is ....2 HEB, 2 HEA and 6 1/2 syns

In bed already, my legs are aching!!!

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

Just changed today's menu which is in my last post. I am having such a HUNGRY day today. I had my breakfast at 830 and by 11 I was starved!!! Cooked my pasta lunch and ate it at 1145 and then went back for seconds...hence the double portion of cream cheese HEBs. Just roasting veggies now for supper...a bit early really, but I figure if I eat what I have planned, concentrating on free foods and my HEAs and HEBs and a few syns I will get through the day without damaging my plan!!

Have a great day!!

Good evening all,

Well I made it through a very hungry day with one HEA and 8 syns leftover. Good on me...because I was tempted to whip up a few fairy cakes 'for the girls'...knowing full well I would be licking the bowl and tasting the end product with them!!! I chose not to bother, kids don't need sweets mid week and neither does mommy!!!

Tomorrow is my usual coffee date with my friend so as usual a toasted sandwich is on the menu.

****wrote this on tuesday night and then edited to reflect reality on wednesday night...*****

Green Day

Breakfast
Banana

Brunch
'Toasted Special' made with 2 thin slices white bread 8 syns, cheddar cheese HEA, onions and tomatoes Toffee Crisp (from 99 cal multipack) 5 syns

Late Lunch
'Roasted Veggies' made up of potato, red onion, butternut squash and broccoli, 28g cream cheese HEB

Supper
Pasta with sauce 2 1/2 syns and 28g Cream Cheese HEB and Activia Intensely Creamy 2 1/2 syns, Toffee Crisp 5 syns

Snack
2 Toffee Crisps 10 syns

Exercise
24 minute run/walk

Drinks
Lots of Coffee with milk HEA
Water 5 pints

So that works out at 2HEA, 2HEB and 33syns!!! Had 8 syns left over from yesterday and will take ten off tomorrow's menu and that should even things up!! Hate the fact that I went over my syns...I have had two and half 100 percent weeks, so really motivated to make up for this slip up!! Never ever ever buy a multipack anything again. I was going to buy one of the 99cal bars after reading in the mag they were only 5 syns, then I saw the multipack and thought, well they are pretty low in syns, and the girls can have one each, and I can put the other ones away and have one each day...big mistake...big mistake!!!

Last edited:
Good evening,

Well my food did not work out as planned, will amend what I did have and didn't have later. I have posted the first 5 weeks of the Slimming World Magazine Walk to Run Programme in the 'off topic' section titled 'Running'. I have found it a brilliant way to get some intense exercise in a short amount of time!!

Will post tomorrow's food later.

Have a great evening.

Tomorrow will be a super busy day so I hope I can get my food planned right so I am not hungry, and everything is easy to prepare!!

Thursday - Oct 21 Green Day

Breakfast
Couscous, mixed berries, Vitalinea yogurt

Lunch
Pasta with Trattoria Verde Sauce 2 1/2 syns and 28g cream cheese HEB Banana and Apple
Supper
Roasted Veg - potatoes, butternut squash, red onion, broccoli and baked beans, 28g cheddar HEB

Drinks
coffee with milk HEA
Water 5 pints

Started day -10 syns..... so the day works out at 4 syns and 2 HEB, 1 HEA.

Well, I am not very creative with my menu the last few days, no time, and I am trying to use what we have in the fridge, husband is on afternoon shift which means he has cereal for breakfast and then eggs and bacon and tomatoes or something like that before he leaves for work at 1:30pm. He has a dinner at work and brings sandwiches for his evening meal. So there is no need for me to prepare the 'meat and potatoes' of other weeks, and the kids are happy with pasta in any shape or form so I go with what is easiest!!

Dreading tomorrow morning, taking my eldest and three of her friends in for a tour of the local Irish language secondary school. My daughter only going to get morning off school...we went last year as well...the moms of the other two girls are working so I volunteered to take the group!! If I recall correctly there was lovely tea/coffee/cakes and biscuits last year!! Will stick with the coffee i think!!

Good night all..

Last edited:
Posted weeks 6 to 10 of the Walk to Run programme in the 'off topic' section titled 'running.

Well I had a very busy day today. Had my breakfast and only one coffee, took girls to school and went in to do a tour of the Irish Secondary School, went on for ages, it was 1230 by the time they served us coffee, by the time I dropped eldest and her friends back to school, I was starving!!!

While I cooked the pasta I planned for lunch, I had three ryvita multi grain with cream cheese, and then still had two bowls of pasta with sauce and peas and cream cheese mixed through. Ate very little after that as I was stuffed until about 630 pm. I roasted potatoes, butternut squash and red onions, and ate them without any extras. Will have to go back and amend my food plan. Stayed on track, just did not stick to my plan.

Have not had the veg I normally have, must do some freezer dishes next week, so I am better prepared for any hectic weeks ahead!

Things will setting down once tomorrow morning is over. Fancy dress at school tomorrow, so the kitchen is full of costume parts and makeup ready for the morning!! Kids on a week's holiday after tomorrow!!

Good night, must get some sleep before my run in the morning!!

Well I think I need a red day today. Not hungry at all, my stomach bothering me sick middle of the night.

October 22 - Red Day

Breakfast
2 egg omelette with yellow pepper and red onion and 28g cheddar HEA

Lunch
Chicken Breast stuffed with 28g herb cream cheese HEB, roasted butternut squash, broccoli and red onion, soy sauce, Activia Intensely Creamy 2 1/2 syns

Supper
Chicken, brown bread HEB and salad veg, Activia Intensely Creamy 2 1/2 syns

Snacks
Mixed berries, vitalinea yogurt, banana

Did not get to the supermarket due to stomach issues, so making due with what is in the house again today.

Could not even go for my run this morning, but I will go tomorrow morning instead, Saturday is usually a rest day, so I presume swapping them won't make much of a difference.

Have a great afternoon...

Good afternoon all,

Well today will be another Red Day. I made up for my missed run yesterday, this morning. I feel great after doing it.

Red Day

Breakfast
Vitalinea yogurt and mixed berries

Lunch
2 egg omelette with chicken breast, onion and 28g cheddar HEB and Activia Intensely Creamy 2.5 syns

Supper
Homemade beef burger with 42g low fat cheddar HEB and salad greens and Activia Intensely Creamy 2.5 syns.

Drinks
Coffee with milk HEA
water 5 pints

So that is 1HEB, 2 HEAs and 5 syns.

Have a great day, TB

Good evening,

Is everyone watching x factor? Wow it is so great the kids are on a week's holiday. I feel like all the stress and pressure of school, and kid's afterschool and weekend activities as well as doing all the stuff around the house and for myself is gone... We made out a job's rota this morning, so kids will be helping keep the house in order while they are off school.

We went shopping today, first to Aldi and then we headed to tesco's, but as it is a bank holiday weekend the queue of cars trying to get into the shopping centre was unreal. So we turned around and went to a smaller shop. I only needed to get the Activia Intensely Creamy yogurts!! And I wasn't going home without them!!

I think I will have a green day tomorrow.

Here is my planned menu:

October 24 - Green Day

Breakfast
Couscous, yogurt and fruit

Lunch
Roast Pork (HEB), jacket potato, carrots and broccoli, gravy granules 2 tsp 2 syns, activia intensely creamy 2.5 syns

Supper
Potato wedges, baked beans, salad veg, beetroot, 42g low fat cheddar HEA

Snack
Ryvita HEB with 42g low fat cheddar HEA and beetroot

Drinks
Coffee milk 3 x 2 tbsp 1.5 syns
Water 5 pints

Exercise
35 minute walk

So that is 2 HEBs, 2 HEA and 6 syns

Once again, glad I made lots of little mini goals for myself!! Now I can mark off another one...

1. Weight under 230 (229)
2. Lose 1/2 a stone (228)
3. Weigh under 16 stone (223)
4. Lose 1 stone (221)
5. Weigh under 100kg (219)
6. Lose 1 1/2 stone (214)
7. Weight under 15 stone (209)
8. Lose 2 stone (207)
9. Lose 2 1/2 stone (200)
10. Weigh under 200 (199)

Thanks Nicki, I really really wanted one of those!!!

It is late Sunday night, kids still awake reading or watching tv, they are off school for the week.

I will sleep until I wake up (no alarms this week please!!) and go for my run. Strange but true...I am really looking forward to it!!

With the kids off school, and a few treats in the house for them, I think I will plan my food for the whole week. I did a big shop yesterday, hoping I would not need to buy anything during the week, so there is no reason why I can't plan my menus. Will write out tomorrow's menu now and do the rest of the week tomorrow.

October 25 - Red Day (2 months to christmas DAY!!!)

Breakfast
Vitalinea yogurt and mixed berries

Snack
3 ryvita multigrain HEB with a banana and pineapple

Lunch
Left over roast pork with 227g potato HEB made into wedges, broccoli and carrots and 2 tsp bisto best 2syns and Activia Intensely Creamy 2.5 syns

Snack
2 satumas and a banana

Supper
2 egg omelette with onion, chicken and 42g low fat cheddar HEA with salad greens, beetroot and Activia Intensely Creamy 2.5 syns

Drinks
Coffee and milk 3 x 2tbsp = 1.5syns
water 5 pints

Exercise
28 minutes Run/Walk

so that is 1 HEA, 2 HEB and 8.5 syns

I really would love to get a few pounds off this week, will try and get a good uphill walk in everyday as well as my early morning run/walk on mon,wed and friday...no excuses as kids off school and they could do with some fresh air too!!

Good night, TB

Back from my run/walk....28 minutes and feeling great after it!

Off to a funeral now, must pay my respects (small community so everyone knows everyone), will sort out my week's menus when I get back.

Yay, congratulations on you half stone shiney! Your hard work is really paying off, well done :D

Thanks Emily!

Well I am going to do a outline menu for the week.

I think I will stick with Red Days this week, last week I did a good few Green Days and I do think I am eating quantities of green food which are slowing down my weight loss. As we are home all week and are sleeping in late I am going to mix up the normal order of the meals...

Breakfasts
Yogurt, mixed berries and banana
or
2 egg omelette with ham or chicken and 42g low fat cheddar HEA and fruit (melon or pineapple)

Lunch
Tuesday - Ham, 227g jacket potato HEB, cabbage and carrots and Activia 2.5 syns
Wednesday - Chicken thigh, 227g potato made into wedges HEB, broccoli and carrots and Activia 2.5 syns
Thursday - Lean Irish Bacon cabbage and carrots, 227g jacket potato HEB and Activia 2.5 syns
Friday - stirfry veggies with prawns and brown rice 5 syns and Activia 2.5 syns
Saturday - Steak and 227g potato made into wedges HEB with butternut squash, red onions and carrots roasted and Activia 2.5 syns

Supper
28g porridge oats, 1 multigrain ryvita HEB with apple, mixed berries or banana

Snack
Fruit (plus will make up for HEB/HEAs missed out)

Exercise
28 minutes Run/Walk - Wednesday and Friday
35 minutes walk in afternoon with kids

We will see if it works out as planned!!

Have a great evening! TB

Back