TrixieB has gone on vacation...back mid January

Ooooohooo, moving up...finally able to add my second ticker...the final goal one!

Hello all,

Another cold cold day here, well we have had a super lazy morning, so loving not having to do ANYTHING in the mornings!!!

I didn't wake until ten, and could have slept longer if the kids hadn't decided to make a restaurant out of the kitchen and start cooking various types of eggs, toast/bagels and hot choc!! I had a lovely big bowl of mixed berries warmed up a little, a large banana and activia fat free vanilla yogurt. I am just going to cook the cabbage and the carrots to go with our jacket potatoes and ham. We will go somewhere this afternoon, maybe the cinema, visit friends or to shopping centre.

Going to Canada 7 weeks today so my motivation is really high right now. Would love to have more than a pound off next Sunday, must get more active I think!!

Have a great day!!
TB

October 26 - Red Day

Breakfast
Yogurt, mixed berries and banana

Lunch
Ham, 227g jacket potato HEB, cabbage and carrots and Activia 2.5 syns

Supper
28g porridge oats, 1 multigrain ryvita HEB with apple, mixed berries and banana

Snack
Pineapple

Drinks
coffee with milk HEA
water 5 pints

Exercise
35 minutes walk in afternoon with kids

2 HEB, 1 HEA and 2.5 syns...as we are heading out later I might get something which needs a few syns later.

Okay so maybe today isn't a red day after all... Breakfast worked out really well, lunch was lovely, but then we went visiting from 230 to 7 pm. I had one small biscuit while out and that was just fine as I had saved syns for something. Then when we were driving home just before 7 I realized how very very hungry I was...and I knew a bowl of porridge and cold fruit would not make me happy. So I have changed the day to green....

October 26 - Green Day

Breakfast

Lunch
Ham HEB, 227g jacket potato, cabbage and carrots and Activia 2.5 syns

Snack
One homemade chocolate chip cookie 6 syns (can't find syns for one here)

Supper
Pasta, Jacket Potato, low fat chives cream cheese 42g HEB and beetroot and mixed green salad mix and pineapple and Activia 2.5

Drinks
coffee with milk HEA
water 5 pints plus plus...

Exercise

2 HEB, 1 HEA and 11 syns

Very pleased with myself for changing the day around and staying on plan, because while I was driving I was dreaming about white toast and butter!!!!

Will see what the rest of the week brings, but I am happy with how today ended up!!

Hi Nicki, I am so focussed on my trip in December, 7 weeks today, that I was able to stop at one...but I would have been better off bringing some fruit with me, as i shouldn't have let myself get so hungry!!! Green days are great for being able to eat loads and still stay on plan. I was trying to cut down on the quantity of food I was eating by going Red this week, but this evening I just figured I was better off eating a bigger quantity of green food than cheating on Red! Red is fine when I can keep busying, but too much red food (meat/fish/chicken) turns my stomach a bit....I start thinking about the poor dead thing I am eating...I don't think that way about potatoes pasta or rice!!!

Deffinately a good idea to swap, I've always struggled with red days i'm always so hungry (i'm on a red day today and its taking all my power not to go raid the kitchen for a sandwich) but if i have green days i tend to eat the same things.

There definitely isn't as much variety with green days. Jacket potatoes everyday!!

I will give Red another try tomorrow...but will leave the option of changing to green in the evening...

October 27 - Red Day

Breakfast

Lunch
Wednesday - Chicken thigh, 227g potato made into wedges HEB, roasted onions broccoli and tomato 2tsp gravy granules 2 syns and Activia 2.5 syns

Snack
Melon

Supper
jacket potato with chicken salad made of chopped chicken, beetroot, onions, mixed salad leaves chopped up and 1 tbsp light mayo 2 syns, melon and Activia Intensely Creamy 2.5 syns

Snack
1/2 slice white bread 2 syns, butter 2 tsp 4 syns, 28g cheddar cheese HEA

Exercise

Last edited:
Good evening,

Can't believe I haven't been on here since yesterday. We slept in today and then had visitor after visitor after visitor. Good for kids and kept me out of the fridge!! We have decided we are having a halloween party on Friday so we also designed and printed out and delivered invites today.

Must go back and edit the menu I made up for today, changed the supper, the exercise and the syns...

Okay editing done....so the day stayed Red but I maxed out my syns, made the kids cheese on toast with real butter....ate a few crusts and few bits of grated cheddar...stopped after a few bites and went back to my melon...not worth going over my syns for a few crusts!!

Also, as eldest daughter stayed at her friend's last night, I couldn't go for my run this morning, I wouldn't leave two younger ones home alone!! Will do Wednesday's run on Thursday and Friday's run on Saturday.

Will work out tomorrow's menu soon.

Good night,...

Last edited:
Just figured out what the little green dot on my status bar means....so I have gone back and 'thanked' anyone who has helped me/encouraged me by adding to their reputation...this minimins just keeps getting better!!

Light bulb moment...

While out for my Run/Walk this morning I was reflecting on my food plans for this week....the fact that I was able to switch from Red to Green between lunch and supper meant that I wasn't eating extreme quantities of either type of food... and maybe Extra Easy might work for me. I have no literature about Extra Easy other than a few menu plans in Slimming World Magazines, so I found a great thread here on minimins that gives a synopsis of Extra Easy. I must go and look up the superfree fruits and veg before I write out today's food plan.

Feel free to advise me when I finally get my Extra Easy menus up...

Back soon!!!

Hope I get this right!!!

Extra Easy - October 28

Breakfast
mixed berries, banana, and Activia Intensely Creamy 2.5 syns (out of the free stuff!!)

Lunch
Jacket Potato, Chicken, mixed salad greens, onion, beetroot, 1 tbsp light mayo 2 syns, Melon

Supper
Roasted veg made of potato, butternut squash, carrots, red onions, parsnips with extra lean homemade beef burger, Activia Intensely Creamy 2.5 syns

Snack
3 ryvita multigrain and 42g low fat cheese with loads of beetroot HEB

Drinks
Coffee 3 x 2 tbsp milk 1.5 syns
Water 5 pints

Exercise
28 minutes Run/Walk

So that is one HEA, one HEB and 7 syns

Wondering....do I have to have a red food with the supper I have planned?

Last edited:
Well done on your first EE day, how did you find it? Your food diary looks fine. You can have any free red or green foods in your meal, you don't have to have both, just make sure you have the 1/3 superfree. For example sometimes I just have salmon with steamed veg, so no green. The only thing I miss with doing EE is losing the 2nd HeB, I love my Alpen light bars! :D

Thanks emily and nicki,

I got through the day just fine, the only thing is about 2pm I was starved, like weak with hunger!! And I had already eaten breakfast and lunch. It could have been my Run/Walk or could be the sign of *week. Anyway, I substituted the planned evening Fibre Plus bar, which I had not bought yet, with three ryvitas, beetroot and the cheese I was meant to have with my supper. I felt way better after having that. Perhaps having the green red and veggies in equal portions had me feel less full?

Must go, kids carving pumpkins at the moment!! Back soon.

So tomorrow's extra easy plan is...

Breakfast
Activia fat free raspberry yogurt, mixed berries and banana

Lunch
Stirfry veg, king prawns, rice and soy sauce

Snack (halloween party food)
Melon, Pineapple, carrot sticks and maybe....Lemon Cheesecake...must syn it and might have ten syns worth...

Supper
Jacket potato, salad greens, beetroot, beans, 42g low fat cheddar HEB

Drinks
Coffee milk HEA
water 5 pints

Exercise
nothing planned but hosting a halloween party in the afternoon for 20 kids will mean a lot of running around!!! Might also take a well deserved 'get out of the house' walk in the evening!!

So that is my HEA and HEB and not sure about the syns.. my middle girl has been picking up random cheesecakes in every shop we have been in for the past 5 weeks. We had visitors in September and they brought a cheesecake, my girl loved it!! I told her we could get a cheesecake over the mid term break. So this afternoon in aldi she spotted a Lemon and Mascarpone Cheesecake in the freezer section. I couldn't say no, but I said we have to save it for the party tomorrow. It is in the fridge defrosting at the moment...good on me for not having a big slice right now!!! I don't even know if I want to waste my syns tomorrow on it, I will dig the box out of the bin, syn a slice and decide at the party whether I will have any.

I am up late even though I am absolutely exhausted after hosting a halloween party for 17 kids this afternoon. Will update menu plan in the morning... Good Night.

No chance to get on here yesterday, so busying!!! Well I was down 2 pounds this week. So that is nine altogether.

Back later. Have a great day. TB

Had an extra easy day today...not much time to eat...cleaning all morning and out trick or treating from 430 to 900pm!!

Here is what I ate..

October 31 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
large banana and McCambridge Brown Bread HEB

Lunch
Roast pork and large portion of roasted red onion, butternut squash and broccoli and Activia Intensely Creamy 2.5 syns

Supper
Mixed berries and pineapple with mullerlight vanilla with choc sprinkles

Drinks
Coffee with milk HEA
4 pints water

So that is one HEA one HEB and 2.5 syns

Probably didn't eat enough food today, but I was busy and I was not hungry.

My run/walk is going up to 2 mins run and 2 mins walk x7, should be challenging, but I am looking forward to it as I do find the 1 min run/2 min walk easy enough now.

Hope everyone is well!!

TB

Back