Trying calorie counting! 90lbs to loose!

Well I may or may not have just broken up with my bf....

Wow :bighug: well done on still calorie counting through this! And I agree, distance can only help at this point :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi I have subscribed, i hope that's okay as i am looking for a supportive group to motivate one another on our weight loss journey's.

I am using a calorie counting app and looking to walk every evening to improve my fitness, I want to make lifestyle changes that will stop me getting to this weight again x

Yeah especially with my essay due tomorrow eek! I defo don't need any arguments! Yesterday's calories ended up being a hundred or so under! I had a fry up for breakfast and a cake and a poori from the Indian for dinner, I was working late and I've started to watch "once upon a time" has anyone seen it? It's getting quite addictive!

Today so far:

Brunch/ low far super noodles and some richmond meatballs... I'm eating all the random stuff in my freezer and cupboards so if I move I'm not taking it all with me!

I'm going to my mums to finish my essay after work so I will probably get my dinner there but since I have over 1000 cal left I'm sure I will be fine even if she treats me to a take away (bless them they are treating me as much as they can that doesn't help Andrew... My dad is going to fill up my petrol tank tonight ?)

And of course you can join in ? the more the merrier! I'm quite new to calorie counting too... Is it myfitnesspal you are using? X

Well done for sticking to CC when you have so much going on. At least the time apart is allowing you to focus on your essay. What are you studying?

I am eight weeks away from completing my business degree and am currently trying not to snack whilst writing about standard deviation for an assignment...

So far i have had a bowl of rice crispies =)

I am using my fitness pal app to monitor my calorie intake and the map my walk app to monitor the calories i burn during my evening walks x

Thanks :) I just had lovely healthy pasta at my mums but I'm still starving!!!! What are you wanting to do when you graduate? I'm studying mental health nursing... Well hopefully! I failed one essay (by 5marks!!!) and had to take a year out and my final submission is tomorrow and my personal lecturer promised to help but has been absolutely terrible!

I need to start doing walks or something but I'm always so busy... My shifts this weekend are:
Friday: 9-11, 3.30-10pm
Saturday: 9-1pm, 1.30-10pm
Sunday: 10-3pm, 3.30-10pm

I'm going to be shattered!!!!!!

I take it your folks approve of you kicking him out? It's good they can help you a little and have it be specific for you. :D

You're late to Once Upon are you not. I really enjoyed it hoping a third series has been made.

All the best with the essay this time. Shame your lecturer hasn't lived up to his promises.

And finally well done for sticking to your eating plan through it all, I'd be dead after all your shifts planned for the w/end, still it'll dtop you dwelling on your current situation. :D:D

Five marks off, that is so unlucky =( I am sorry to hear your personal tutor has let you down, that is so frustrating especially after you have shown the dedication to the course coming back after the year out. Mental health nursing is extremely hard but very rewarding, when you finish can you go strait into it?

This is the second year of my HND Business, I am going to take a year out and then hoping to do the third year next September to make it a BA hons. The aim is to become a social worker in children and families.

Oh my, split shifts are very tiring. Maybe try a walk on Friday as you have a larger gap between shifts?

I have started to walk after I have made and had dinner with my bf, I am hoping it will help my digestion as well as aid weight loss. Plus my bf is home to make sure i go! Lol x

Purple Patsy said:
I take it your folks approve of you kicking him out? It's good they can help you a little and have it be specific for you. :D You're late to Once Upon are you not. I really enjoyed it hoping a third series has been made. All the best with the essay this time. Shame your lecturer hasn't lived up to his promises. And finally well done for sticking to your eating plan through it all, I'd be dead after all your shifts planned for the w/end, still it'll dtop you dwelling on your current situation. :D:D

Yeah lol they do... And im liking having my house tidy when i come home lmao! I had kept hearing about once upon a time but never got round to watching it! Im really liking it!
My essay is submitted so thats it nothing more can be done!!

I think the fact im skint is helping me stick to my calories haha! My mum got me bacon, cold meat and burgen bread (mmmm) so ive just had a piece and bacon and i think i will make some soup and have thata nd a piece and cold meat for work later... Its an agency shift in a care home but one ive been in before quite alot.

BinkyBonk said:
Five marks off, that is so unlucky =( I am sorry to hear your personal tutor has let you down, that is so frustrating especially after you have shown the dedication to the course coming back after the year out. Mental health nursing is extremely hard but very rewarding, when you finish can you go strait into it? This is the second year of my HND Business, I am going to take a year out and then hoping to do the third year next September to make it a BA hons. The aim is to become a social worker in children and families. Oh my, split shifts are very tiring. Maybe try a walk on Friday as you have a larger gap between shifts? I have started to walk after I have made and had dinner with my bf, I am hoping it will help my digestion as well as aid weight loss. Plus my bf is home to make sure i go! Lol x

Yeah it was gutting but ive had loads of experience this year which will help when i go back (if i pass!!!!) yep when i qualify thats me a nurse but its just how long it takes to get into nhs so its more likely i will work in care homes for a while first! A social worker sounds lime a very rewarding career too!

Its not so much split shifts... I have one perminant job as a support worker amd another as a healthcare assistant in care homes which is agency work and i figured since hes not contributing i need to fit in as much as i can whilst theres space in my other rota lol! Next week ive not really got room for agency shifts so it wont be doubles! Im on my break just now and cba walking lol although i wil be doing plenty of that in the care home so thats my excuse haha!

Im daft... Ive just accepted a 7am start on monday now which was meant to be my day off lol! Glutten for punishment!

It sounds like you are dedicated and driven so you will get there x

I have always worked with children as a Nursery Nurse and gained my level 3 and then 4, I am now getting my degree and was working for three families as a P/T nanny so know all about juggling hours and not enough time each day x

That sounds like you are asking for trouble with so many hours but i understand, sometimes you just have too. Lol i bet you will regret that come 7am Monday, but not on payday =)

Aw that's a good progression then from nursery nurse... You will see both sides of the story

I've not got a pedometer but I saw something on my fitness pal about it now tracks steps so I will look into it, I don't usually count any of my steps at work into my calorie count and I have mine set as sedentary so anything is something!

I used to be a chef haha I'm used to loads of hours... I've just tidyed up and hoovered and I'm changing my bedding so when I come home from work I can relax for a few hours without being tempted to clean up! It's not as bad because I enjoy my support worker job as all my service users are lovely, and the care homes I'm working in this weekend - it's mainly my favourite home and one shift in my second favourite so not too bad!!

My bf is coming home today to get clean clothes I'm not sure what to say! X

My mum didnt like the area and since shes loaning me the deposit she has last say lol, she also says if i end up alone she will help me if i get a flat in a nicer area (still hamilton) because she will worry about me otherwise!

Hes in just now but im not really sure what to say x
Are your folks from Hamilton too, would it not be easy for you to go back home for a wee while to help your finances. I dunno what to say to help you with bf, but I'm sure you'll think of something to say. I'm here of you want to talk. :D

Back