Trying Calorie Counting

AlexiaRose

♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫
Okay, so I've decided to try this method caause it's pretty affordable since I can basically use what food my mother already buys for us, so I don't have to tell her she needs to get this, this, and this cause we're jack poor as it is. But I'm not sure what limit to set myself. A couple sites I visited say ~1,600 if I wanna lose weight, but I'm unsure, especially since I dunno my exact weight (though I will find out in the very near future somehow). Any advice besides finding out my actual weight?

You do need to know how much you weigh and what your height is, yes. Then you just go to an on-line calculator to work out your TDEE, for which you input height, weight, age and activity level. This tells you how many calories you burn in a day, approximately. Then you reduce this figure depending on how many pounds you want to lose a week. So if you want to lose a pound a week, you need to eat 500 less calories a day than your body burns; 2lbs a week would be 1,000 less than you need a day. BUT you shouldn't eat any less than 1,200 calories a day, that's important.

There's a thread in the Stickies section that tells you everything you need to know. Good luck! :) xx

Thanks.

alexia good luck on your journey x x

My health teacher had us do a MyFitnessPal account thing. My thing said (with my estimated weight) I had to eat 1,200 calories to lose 2 pounds a week and I'd probably lose about 10 pounds by October 23rd. I was actually gonna set myself to that (maybe) once I finally weighed myself. xD Hopefully, when I get myself weighed and start my diet, the number will be that good (the pounds lost that is). I'd definitely reach my goal if my body works with me. x3

Although 1200 is meant to be the safe limit, be aware that there are many people finding this too low and not getting good long term results.

I was told by myfinesspal to eat 1300, but when I worked out my TDEE minus 20% I was told to eat 1600... So I eat 1600, I'm much happier, less likely to fall off the wagon and have more energy to exercise, and still losing weight. Good luck. xxx

lindseydodd408 said:
Although 1200 is meant to be the safe limit, be aware that there are many people finding this too low and not getting good long term results.

I was told by myfinesspal to eat 1300, but when I worked out my TDEE minus 20% I was told to eat 1600... So I eat 1600, I'm much happier, less likely to fall off the wagon and have more energy to exercise, and still losing weight. Good luck. xxx

Agreed, I would never go that low. :) xx

I haven't like definitely decided. I'm waiting until I found out my weight to I decide. Hell, maybe I'll go in the middle of what different places have been telling me (1,400 calories). I dunno. I'm still planning. I gotta figure out my school lunches since they don't have calorie counts for half the stuff I usually eat on the school's site.

Back