Trying to make a difference

1.5lbs off this week thankfully - which means ....

:bliss::massmoon::bliss:

I FINALLY MADE MY FIRST STONE OFF - WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

now to knuckle down this week and try and make my 3lbs target by the end of May

well done hun!!!!! sorry night again last night! well i weighed in and 7 lbs off!!!!! so then ate 45 biscuits!!! dont say anything!!! i know i am a complete div! back on track tom!!! i will get in the bikini! this doesnt mean an extra weigh in for you!!!xx

oh no - biscuit attack and you lost!!!! Its because you've not been sticking to CD properly and having the right number of shakes - changing it with atkins bars or not having your 4 shakes a day etc doesn't work it just stores up until you go right off the rails.

Says Miss Angelic here (not!) hahahahahahaha

Although the 7lbs off in a week is fantastic so well done for that bit.

My CDC has told me that my bmi is now between 28 and 28.5 and as I'd "eaten" and drunk before I went she has advised me to switch up to 810 plan now and I can't do SS or SS+ any more - didn't get told that last time but apparently the new advice is that they have to switch you up a level as soon as bmi hits 28, although I can stay 810 for as long as I want pretty much.

She's given me the booklet for 1000 as well so I can try and incorporate that the weekend my parents are here to make it easier without having to totally abandon the diet. My own goal is to lose another 7lbs then switch up to 1000 and from there head into maintenance to lose the last 7lbs. I know it'll be slower doing it this way but will be a far more sensible way to attack it. Plus being on the slightly higher calories means that if its a nice weekend I can get my bike out and go on a short ride which will be fun.

My waist is about 1/4 of an inch down only but its really clear I've lost size from my legs, hips and arms. My waist is only about 1/2 an inch bigger than its meant to be as my waist has always been much smaller than the rest of me anyway so it doesn't worry me that that isn't coming off quickly.

I picked up some bars today as well so that helped with the desire to chew. I only got a couple to avoid any chance of me eating them all in one go though and I've put them in the freezer so it'll take longer to eat as well - they will come out easier with me if I go cycling too.

so having lectured about making sure you eat the right number of shakes etc - I end up having a hideously busy day at work then had to rush off to a meeting with a client and their solicitor at 5.30pm, finally got home at about 8 and I've just managed to finally eat some scrambled egg and salad but now really don't want my last shake of the day and haven't had anywhere near enough water.

I have, however, turned it into chocolate mix a mousse in the hope that means it'll fit in my stomach easier which is currently stuffed to brimming. I have no idea how I'm going to fit in the rest of the liquid between now and about an hour when I'm going to want to go and read an bed because I'm shattered lol

I've got a raging sore throat and feel all hayfevery/sinusy as well - I'm convinced its from not drinking as much today. Which isn't going to help when I have to go get my filling done tomorrow as I have another tooth that is collapsing.

On the bright side I am 14lbs down and put on my work dress today that I haven't worn for a week and the difference in how it looks is unbelievable, especially considering that I only lost 1.5lbs this week. So I may be knackered and about to collapse but I look damn good doing it :8855:

oh and the other bonus is that normally sitting in a meeting that late my stomach would have been growling so loudly it would have been really embarrasing whereas being on CD meant I wasn't hungry at all :)

wow how fantastic! well i have decided i can not do this any more! i just cant live without food!!!! its making me sooo unhappy! think its peeing my partner off too, not the diet the fact i am miserable! i am going over to the dark side!!! weight watchers! I know its slower but i keep start stopping so will be the same in the end! I will still be your buddy as want to see how you do! same goal just different approach! have a good day hun.xxxxxxxxxx

I woke up this morning and my eye is swollen again!! I'm guessing that the 5 days of antibiotics wasn't enough to fully clear it. So now I'm going to take the rest of the drops and treat both eyes for at least a week even though the other one looks fine at the moment. Its either that or its a hayfever type thing that starts it off maybe - I was feeling rough yesterday and I've woken up with a slight head coldy type feeling still.

Oh well - on the bright side I'm wearing my Tommy Hilfiger jeans today woot woot woot. They are incredibly low on the top so there is an extra person hanging over the top but that's easily solved with a sweatjacket tied round my waist :) The only problem I have with them is that on CD I seem to lose weight from the top down and it doesn't come off totally evenly so they are a little bit tight on my thighs and don't have a lot of movement in them but I have no butt now so they are lose round the bum and waist. It means that when I sit down the legs aren't giving and I'm probably flashing everyone builders bum styley hahahahahaha

oh no - I got caught on the phone so didn't see your post above mine

I actually totally understand that and empathise completely. CD is hard enough to do the first time round but second time round I'm finding it so much harder getting my head in the right place and I'm a lot more resistant to it than I was initially. Moving up to 810 has helped for me but I can't see me doing more than another 4 weeks or so before I make that switch too. The one thing I am determined to do is get slightly lower than I achieved last time and as soon as I'm there I will be switching back up into maintenance and losing the rest through more "normal" methods. I know that for me weight watchers would not work initially as my meds aren't yet settled and my body is incredibly resistant to actually losing weight but as soon as its there I can maintain it without so much of a problem now I'm medicated.

Sometimes in life you have to take a view as to whether the goal is worth what you have to do to get there that quickly and having done it once before I genuinely think that is a much harder concept when you return.

You had better still keep coming here though - for a start I want to live vicariously through you and hear what fantastically gorgeous meals you are eating!!!!! I used to make a recipe of theirs called vegetable, bean and pasta bake and I'm soooooo missing it right now - I'll have to give you the recipe when I have more time and I can pretend I'm eating it through you hahahahahaha

You've already lost a good amount of weight with your efforts so far and there is no point in risking that if doing this diet is going to make you unhappy or fall off the wagon. Good luck with it and I'm happy that you've made the right decision for you xx

well all I can say is I should be losing LOADS of weight this week because I've had another morning running round like the proverbial blue bottomed flying insect so haven't had time to worry about cheating or whether I'm hungry. Its now 1.10pm and I finally sat down to my first drink and breakfast at 12.50!! I then ate a bar as well to make sure that I had got through 2 meals before this evening or I know I won't be able to manage it all later and now I'm SO stuffed its unreal!!! I have no idea how I'm going to fit in all the water this afternoon as I've now only got half a day to manage it - my bathroom is going to be in constant use peeing if I try and do 3 litres in about 5 hours though hahahahahahaha

I meant to add to the above that I had a discussion with my CDC yesterday about struggling to lose small amounts of weight and she pointed out that the symptoms everyone else gets that they struggle with with CD are the things that those of us with thyroid problems deal with normally. So CD lowers our T3 level even lower increasing those symptoms and it isn't anywhere near as easy for us as it is for anyone with normal health stuff going on. Not sure if she's just trying to make me feel better but it does make sense - so bear that in mind too. To be honest its not surprising we find it so hard when you put it all together - we're positive heroines in even trying if you think about it :-D

yes we are! and dont worry you cant get rid of me that easy! still gonna be here! will make that pasat thing for you, will eat it while i type! hahaha

well if cd lowers your t3 i should be ok on ww then! it might even level it all out a bit? gonna give it a go! cant carry on messing about! still cant do my dress up for wedding so got to be sooooooooooogood! start tom!

you sound like your having a busy day!!!
what do you do?x
:eek:

I'm a tax consultant - not usually this busy at this time of year but I have a client negotiating a lease for the shop they own so they can retire and I'm trying to help them negotiate a position so they aren't ripped off - at the moment they are friends with the possible tenant and they are risking putting themselves in a bad position so I'm liaising between them and their solicitor who is not very happy that they aren't taking our advice right now. Yep they aren't, it might cost them money but my view is that's their choice and we have to respect that but try and make it work for them at the same time. A lot of hand holding involved right now basically. First I knew of most of the problems was this week so it all seems to have come to a head and its just taking me a bit of running around and the phone hasn't stopped ringing from everyone else at the same time. Its quiet for months and then everyone suddenly wants everything at once lol

Pasta, bean and veg bake - cook various veggies chopped up in a tin of chopped tomatoes (courgette, onion, carrot etc etc) and cook some wholemeal pasta (amount all based on points available obviously but I usually do about 80g pasta I think and LOADS of veg then split it into two meals). Combine all ingredients in an ovenproof dish with a tin of baked beans. Mix it all up. Top with wholemeal breadcrumbs - you shouldn't need a lot just a couple of spoonfulls maybe - again depends on the points you have. Grate a very small amount of cheese over the top for flavour and then bake for about 25 minutes or so or until its bubbling and the top has gone brown. It looks an absolute mess but it tastes like nothing you would ever believe. Smells great too. The breadcrumbs kind of soak up the sauces and its my favourite weight watchers meal ever. It was in their booklets years and years ago when they used to base the diet on so many green portions, so much fats, so much proteins etc etc.

Another one my friend uses a lot is their soup - she makes up huge portions of point free vegetable soup and then adds in chickpeas or cannelini beans or similar to bulk it out a bit and give it some protein (again check points) and cooks it all in her slow cooker then eats it over the space of about a week to keep her points down. She makes a lot of salads for lunch too with grated carrots and grated beetroot etc which always look sooo tasty when I go round. She'll add something like a wholemeal wrap to it so she can either fill the wrap with a salad on the side or eat it as she would a piece of bread.

Their website has loads of recipes on them too

WeightWatchers.co.uk: Food & Recipes

I'm kind of jealous - I would love to do weight watchers but it just has never worked for me in the past. In fact I actually gained weight on it when I tried a few years ago. I will be using their points system to help me when I'm maintaining though - it really helps me keep an eye on portion sizes.

Good luck and if you point your mind to it and maybe combine with exercise you'll get there xx

POINT your mind??? that'll be interesting to see hahahahaha

put your mind obviously

oh and I don't know if the same will work with a balanced thyroid but before I was receiving treatment I always found that following a low GI/low carb diet has worked best for me. Try Carol Vorderman's detox recipes as well and they might give you some good ideas. At least doing proper recipes like these you can cook one meal a day for you, your other half and your daughter without faffing around with all of you eating different stuff which will be easier :)

you should be a ww consultant, you would be great!!! that pasta thing sounds goooood! never had beans and pasta! fingers crossed anyway! its a shame it doesnt work for you! though maybe when thyroid is sorted it may?

i have a slow cooker and love it! although the smell of the food cooking all day makes me hungry! i will try to point my mind to the excersise too, hahaha! been trying but need to do more, will try to force my body into a swim suite and go swimming at the weekend!

how is your day going? apart from work, which sounds far too complicated for my little brain! hows the eye?x

eye is swollen and itchy as all hell - I'm thinking it could be a hayfever thing that sparks it off.

Work has been hectic all day but I did at least get a bit more done ready to send out some bills on Monday. Didn't get time to mow my lawn though which was the original plan.

WW - I so wish it would work for me because its so flexible. The only issue I have with it is that there are certain essential oils etc which are higher points on their system than healthier foods. I think salmon is still higher than steak and yet salmon is so much healthier than red meat will ever be - in my case I know which one I need to be eating but for others it kind of encourages them to make less healthy choices. I was mis-diagnosed with PCOS before I finally got diagnosed with my thyroid and after years of the hospitals etc not really helping I saw a nutritionist and managed my symptoms that way. It made me very aware of just how much diet can affect your hormone system and your health.

The problem I've had up until now is that I can't lose weight even with the meds - I think I've spent so many years barely eating or eating so healthily that my body has adapted to it. Its why CD works for me because it shocks my system into working and then I find that with the meds now I can maintain the lower weight once I get down there so I'm hoping WW will work for me then.

I have said for years that all I actually ever want is what I eat to be reflected in my weight - if I can get to that stage I'd be more than happy ... and about a size 8 hahahahahha

And the pasta and bean mix with the tomatoes and the breadcrumbs - trust me it is lush! Your other half will more than happily eat it with you too. The only problem I have with it is that living alone I have to make larger portions as its just not possible to reduce them and then I split them and freeze some. Because it tastes so damn good its really difficult to only eat one portion at a time hahahahaha

then make sure you put it straight in the freezer or you will end up eating all of it hahahahahha

I've managed to stick to my 810 today and done a whole load of gardening and lawn mowing etc in a hope that will help burn off more. I'm absolutely freaking starving this evening though lol

BUT my shorts don't look as good as they should yet and one of my pairs of crops aren't fitting and now the weather has turned obviously I'm not wearing such stomach covering clothing so I AM going to ignore my hunger and stick with it. I'm feeling very proud of myself ... it had better pay off this week or I am folding like a pack of cards! hahahahaha

morning! you stick with it!!! you doing fab!!! it will all pay off in the end. I did some gardening too, gonna finish off today, gonna have a go at hedge trimming so if you dont hear from me again its because i have cut of my arms!:8855:

I had a good ww day yesterday, even saved some points for a glass of wine in the garden last night! has a nice stir fry for my dinner.

is the eye any better? x

the eyes look better but I'm going to keep the antibiotic drops going all week just to be sure this time. The new problem is that as soon as any sun hits my skin - my legs especially - I'm coming out with huge red allergy blotches. I know I have problems with hives in the sun but this is the first time its ever happened UNDER my clothes! It goes down again once I come inside but I might have to go and have a chat with my dr if it carries on to see if they can recommend anything - I can't take piriton all the time as it makes me drowsy so I need an alternative.

Today I had chicken stir fry with half a green pepper, a tiny spring onion and two asparagus tips. And discovered that I've gone right off chicken which is a bit of a bugger as I have the other half of the pack cooked in the fridge to have with salad tomorrow lol

I also spent today gardening - went and got some bedding plants this morning and spent about an hour filling all my pots then spent the afternoon lazing on my hammock under the shade with a good book. the only thing is it meant I that haven't drunk as much as I should have today - I usually match my water with tea or chicken bovril but obviously in this heat I haven't really wanted hot drinks. I think I've had just under 2 litres roughly so I'm not that far off the minimum but I'm nowhere near my usual 3 litres a day. Still time to make up for it though I guess.

I still need to have one more shake as well but its so sticky here I don't really want a hot shake and I hate the cold ones so I might wait until about 8 or 9 and have it as a hot chocolate maybe.

The good news is though that I've lost enough already that I happily wore shorts today .. in public!! :-o This hot weather makes it easier to stick to as I totally lose my appetite in the heat anyway plus wearing skimpier clothing really brings home how much happier I am being lighter. The idea of possibly getting my bikini out if the summer stays like this is a very big motivator I can tell ya lol

Well done on the WW - you'll get there

well i burnt to a cynder today, gardening and trying to stop molly drowning herself in the pool!now at work and very sore and hot! its very quite so its ok!

ww going well, but now could eat the world!!! need to drink more too, just get so full up with the fluids! i know how you feel.
hope your eye feels better soon! keep up the good work!!!x

Back