Type 2 Diabetes - anyone 'nearly' diagnosed?

Hiii Leanne, good to see another type1 here ... how long have you been type1? are you finding it easy to loose weight? im strugglin xxxxx

Hiii Leanne, good to see another type1 here ... how long have you been type1? are you finding it easy to loose weight? im strugglin xxxxx

Hi Claire.:)
I have been type 1 more years than I would care to admit to. Lol. I'm finding the weight loss is not too bad. I thought I would have more of a struggle with it but my diabetes loves the Atkins Way Of Eating.
I am on Novorapid and Levimir. Are you on the same? :D

Hi Claire.:)
I have been type 1 more years than I would care to admit to. Lol. I'm finding the weight loss is not too bad. I thought I would have more of a struggle with it but my diabetes loves the Atkins Way Of Eating.
I am on Novorapid and Levimir. Are you on the same? :D

Oh bless ya ..... I take novorapid & lantus, previously on levemir but it wasnt liking my body, but then again my body doesnt like any form of insulin, i hypo quite a lot during the night time :rolleyes:... hehe ..... I find loosing weight quite hard with my diabetes, i can put half a stone on by just looking at a bar of chocolate ..... haha xxxx

I dont know if this has been anyone elses experience, but when I was losing weight, the weight loss would slow down noticebly when my BG was regularly on the low side ie less than 5.4.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I dont know if this has been anyone elses experience, but when I was losing weight, the weight loss would slow down noticebly when my BG was regularly on the low side ie less than 5.4.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Are you diabetic Lynn? The only reason you may find weight loss less at a lower blood sugar is because your body is probably hanging on to them carbs for energy, incase your bg started to drop lower, like my body - except wen i also drop into a hypo, i end up havin to eat even more carbs xxxxxxxx

*Claire-Bear* said:
Are you diabetic Lynn? The only reason you may find weight loss less at a lower blood sugar is because your body is probably hanging on to them carbs for energy, incase your bg started to drop lower, like my body - except wen i also drop into a hypo, i end up havin to eat even more carbs xxxxxxxx

Yes type2, and I've always suspected that low bg slows down weight loss. It's a real balancing act to lose weight when diabetic

It is pretty ridiculous when you think about it eh? your expected to keep your bg balanced but then how are you suppose to keep your weight down if you cant loose, Grrrrr ... my weight loss has been verrrry slooooow since i started ww, lost 9lb in 10weeks .... if i wasnt diabetic, bet id have lost all my weight alot sooner ... typical eh xxxxx

hello all :) I went to my doctor about my bloods.. Said to him my sugars were about 4ish after sugary food.. he said that wasn't enough to hypo. Haven't ever tested myself during a hypo so I'm gonna have to get a BS diary going. Over the past few weeks i've noticed the attacks being more frequent in the beginning of the week, which is saying a lot to me. I inject myself with Etanercept on sunday night. I've done a bit of research and there seems to be documents online suggesting a link with diabetics and hypoglycemia when taking etanercept. (as well as the fact diabetes is common with people who have psoriasis)

He was really cynical and almost laughed at me... how dare i take a proactive interest in my health when HE is the expert... how dare i self diagnose without his permission?! How dare I self diagnose when he himself has to look up my medication on GOOGLE *is astounded*

*_*

he did a hba1c anyway and I have to ring on monday for the results. What should I expect to be normal?

I'm gonna have to talk to my dermy about it when i've built up a diary, she seems to be a bit more switched on about it, even if she can't help with the sugars side she might be able to at least advise me...

Normal HBA1C would be between 4-7mmols .... For hypoglycaemic sugars your looking at 3.9 and below ... mine have been as low as 1.8mmols before .... It is a shame that he is underminding you so much for wanting to better your health ... these damn doctors dont know what their on about half the time so i wouldnt worry, go somewhere u can get a second opinion xxxxx

How u gettin on Barb? havent spoke in ages xxxxx

Hi Claire - i'm doing really well I think.

I have lost 20lbs now and feel much better. I am swimming 7 days a week and doing 4 aqua classes too. My bg's are interesting - going in the right direction I hope. My morning FBG hovers around 7-8, my 2hours after food is around 7 and my before dinner is around 6.5, so I think I am getting there. I am watching my carbs, upping the protein and trying to resist the demon drink. I think I am winning.

My next dr's blood test is on the 3rd of August so I will be interested to see how that is, that will be a real chance to see if the changes I am making are actually doing some good.

How are you getting on Claire, I see from your ticker that your weight is going down really well.

went to Drs to register last week after moving house, thought i would get blood test for all the usual stuff. Cholestrol was fine but IFG was 6.4, had blood test done on wednesday for diabetes and find out this wednesday. nervous.

Heyyyyy Barb!!!! that is soooooo lovely to hear ... i did guess that no news from you is good news .... well done you !!!!! them blood sugars are FAB !!! Im suuuper proud Barb !! and you should be too !!!

Marty G ... that fasting glucose is absolutely fine .. its generally considered at risk of its going over 7mmols ... try not to worry xxxxxx

Hi Leanne - yet to have a Hbaic test, so until I get the next results in August of an ordinary FBG I won't even be offered the Hbaic. I am pleased though that my numbers are going in the right direction and hope that by the next dr test i will be under the magic 7!

Thanks Claire, I am glad you think I am doing well and are pleased with my 'numbers'. It is so good having the meter as I can check how things effect me. Bananas def don't agree, had a higher reading twice after bananas. I think the high protein/veg/low carb is the way to go for me.

Ohhh bananas are my worst enemy .... i once ate one ... took insulin and got a reading of 30mmols :eek: its a shame coz there lovely for a sweet fix ... typical eh ... oh another to steer clear of is melon ... that does bad things to the sugars too .. hehee xxxxx

Made the mistake of having rice krispies this morning - bs shot up after 1 hour to the highest ever 13.1! Panic stations, 1.5 hours down to 11.1 then went swimming, came back and down to 6.0. Won't be bothering with those again.

Yes I really used to love cornflakes and ice cold milk but like that I just can't have them any more the bg goes off the scales :cry:
Mary

Back