unsure

km88

i havent been to see a doctor but my mum and her sis both have pcos and my symptoms are like thiers (excess facial hair irregular periods etc).
the facial hair is the main symptom i want to get rid of at the moment its not too noticable atm so havent started shaving just plucking the dark noticeable hairs out when needed.
ive read that diet can help with the amount of excess hair so im hoping with it just starting if i can loose the weight soonish that it might stay the sam.
ive just bought the south beach diet super charged diet and going to start want to loose two stone by august as im going on holiday but ideally need to loose three and a half to be in the middle of my healthy bmi.

does diet really work or should i just bite the bullet and shave.
if anyone has any better ways of getting rid of the hair please let me know.

I personally would stick with the plucking. I have about 5 hairs that keep growing on my chin an cheek, and I pluck them. I guess once u start shaving, the hairs will grow back thicker, and u always have the risk of shaving rash or something, which isn't going to help your confidence.

Yea I agree, I try to pluck as the thought of shaving worries me too much ... My gp prescribed some cream for me, but i didn't use it as the hair wasn't so noticeable I felt I needed it just yet - hope you work it out x

I would go and see your doctor - if you already think you have PCOS, getting a diagnosis is quite a relief.

My Dr back home was really helpful when I was first diagnosed and prescribed me both Vaniqua and metformin, which really did help with the weight loss and hair on my chin, but they wouldn't do it without a diagnosis

Back