Unthoughtful people!

Dear group on here,

Do we always have to follow the "Dear ......" format?

I want to post something but don't want it to cone across as a personal attack on someone.

Anyway, the problem is that I go to my moms for "tea" on Sunday night but since she and dad are target members and my brother and his kids aren't doing SW, there is lots of non SW friendly food and recently my mother has found out about SW "tweaks" so she does a couple of snacky things and cakes that she thinks I can have ( and probably can later )

The thing is that if I do partake, I almost always have a gain on Monday and spend the rest of the week shifting it again.

I don't want to eat them but feel bad about saying no thanks after she's specifically made the effort.

How do I say no and not hurt her feelings?

I can use the "I'm not feeling very well" excuse every couple of months but other than that?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Dear group on here,

I want to post something but don't want it to cone across as a personal attack on someone.

Anyway, the problem is that I go to my moms for "tea" on Sunday night but since she and dad are target members and my brother and his kids aren't doing SW, there is lots of non SW friendly food and recently my mother has found out about SW "tweaks" so she does a couple of snacky things and cakes that she thinks I can have ( and probably can later )

The thing is that if I do partake, I almost always have a gain on Monday and spend the rest of the week shifting it again.

I don't want to eat them but feel bad about saying no thanks after she's specifically made the effort.

I can use the "I'm not feeling very well" excuse every couple of months but other than that?

I would be honest and tell her straight. Just say that you've worked really hard to get to where you are now and you need help to get to Target.

I agree with Shirleen, just say something like "these cakes are fab, but I am still a way off Target yet and I have found that "tweaks" don't suit my losses. So please don't go to any trouble on my account of a Sunday, because I would like to stay totally on plan till I get there. Once I do, it won't be an issue, but it would be a shame to come so far and then stall before I get to goal. I am really looking forward to when I am there though when I will be able to occasionally indulge."

Don't lay the blame directly at her door, and then she won't be offended. She would be more upset,I am sure, if she knew she was affecting your progress.

Dear OH

We were supposed to be going out today to enjoy the sunshine a bit before you trot off to your works do tonight. We have to be home by about 4 to make tea before you go, so why at 2.15 are you still sat on the bloody computer?!??

Your very grumpy OH!

Dear group on here,

If it were my Mum, I'd just say 'no thanks' :) She would understand that I'm following a plan and making 'good' choices. She wouldn't be in the least offended.

Dear Neighbour,
My son is two you are in your fifties, he cannot help making a bit of noise you are perfectly able to stop yourself from banging on the wall and shouting when he does! It was only 7pm and he was playing happily in his room as he does not quite understand the clocks going forward and so was not ready for sleep! He was not that loud, particularly compared to the noise you make, and I notice you wait to react like this once my other half has left for base after 2 weeks at home, it's much more fun to act like a prat when there is a young mother and child who you know will not retaliate!

charlies_mummy said:
Dear Neighbour,
My son is two you are in your fifties, he cannot help making a bit of noise you are perfectly able to stop yourself from banging on the wall and shouting when he does! It was only 7pm and he was playing happily in his room as he does not quite understand the clocks going forward and so was not ready for sleep! He was not that loud, particularly compared to the noise you make, and I notice you wait to react like this once my other half has left for base after 2 weeks at home, it's much more fun to act like a prat when there is a young mother and child who you know will not retaliate!

Bang on the wall next time he makes some noise. Miserable sod.

Dear group on here,

I want to post something but don't want it to cone across as a personal attack

She sounds like a lovely mum who enjoys having all the family around for tea and obviously wants to make special "goodies". You could ask her to make some SW friendly treats that everyone can enjoy. Tell her you need to look your best for the SW do. :D
As a mum who adores her own 2 boys it would be impossible to ask her not to make the effort and she probably thinks you have lost enough :eek:
Well done on your amazing loss and sure we'll see you in the mag very soon xx

To the deer in the garden (or 'Dear deer')

Yes you did look quite cute this morning, framed by the daffodils in the morning sunshine and I know we nick-named you Bambi when we first spotted you a couple of weeks ago, but that was only because it's the only deer name I know!
Enough now, go back to the woods down the road where you came from. It was bad enough that you nibbled some fresh flower shoots, but now you have started on my veg plot and have wolfed the whole two rows of chard and kale that I was saving to use in a version of Ermintrude's Kale and Lentil soup this week!
Now, you don't know Ermintrude, as she doesn't live here, and you haven't seen her running down the garden in her dressing gown, banging a metal watering can and shouting 'go away,' but she does find some lovely recipes and I'm sure she could find a few good venison ones! ;)
I suggest you get out while the going's good!

Dear Boss

I love my job. I come to work every day looking forward to it. Its the frist time in a fair few years i can say that.

Please stop killing my buzz by being a complete & utter tool....

Dear mum, (again!)
I am following sw because I want to be healthier and lose weight. You have always been overweight and do nothing about it but find excuses for it including having a big baby (who is now 30!) When you ask me about plan and how it works, and I tell you, don't bother lying and saying "well I always do that anyway so it obviously won't work for me!" You then proceed to eat an enormous white bread sandwich, and when the phone rings saying that my brother and sister in law are going to arrive in 45mins jump up to make cakes for them! (There are always homemade cakes around) When I mention this isn't exactly to plan and would you like me to show you my book, you snap and tell me that its because you don't do enough exercise and you aren't willing to change what you eat as its not that bad and you would much rather exercise, before in the very next breath saying- "oh I haven't got any icing sugar, can you drive to the shop (which is a 5 min walk away) and grab me some?"......NO I BLOODY CAN'T!
sincerely, concerned yet disgruntled daughter!

Dear Shirl,
Oh DO buck up! Go get your blood tests and your booster injection, otherwise you won't know if you are depressed or if it's because your blood is Ribena again.

Dear Jamie Oliver.

I'm going to smack you if I ever see you.
I tried your trick tonight of squeezing a lemon through my fingers to catch the pips ( as seen often on your 30 min meals ), and it bloody stings. !!!!!
I know it's mostly my own fault for having a job where my hands get minor cuts a lot, and where my fingers dry out and crack at the joints and round the nail beds, but you might have a warning on the show. !!

Dear Jamie Oliver.

I'm going to smack you if I ever see you.
I tried your trick tonight of squeezing a lemon through my fingers to catch the pips ( as seen often on your 30 min meals ), and it bloody stings. !!!!!
I know it's mostly my own fault for having a job where my hands get minor cuts a lot, and where my fingers dry out and crack at the joints and round the nail beds, but you might have a warning on the show. !!

OUCH!!!!

Erm body what's going on? Why have I woken up feeling hungover as hell when I haven't had an alcoholic drink for nearly 2 weeks and even then it was only one so can you please buck your ideas up and make me feel less rough.

thanks muchly
me x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back