Unthoughtful people!

Then if freedom of speech is aloud why can't others post their opinions as well without you coming into this thread and telling us we're unintelligent by saying you'll "go intelligent on our ass" ? Seriously love...

Possibly because you can have any opinion you like as long as it's the same as hers?

I've seen it now!!

Dear Minis

Please calm down!!

Wow. You've all taken it so wrong. I wasn't implying that any anyone was unintelligent.
Have I said anyones opinions aren't ok? No.
I voiced my opinion on a tv show.
I apologise if anybody took anything I said as a personal insult. I don't even know you, how I could mean to insult you I don't know.
Sheesh.

Nothing you said insulted me, until you said you'd "go intelligent" on our asses... thus implying that we're not intelligent. Which yes is insulting.

elb4160 said:
Nothing you said insulted me, until you said you'd "go intelligent" on our asses... thus implying that we're not intelligent. Which yes is insulting.

It was not meant to imply anybody was unintelligent. It was wasn't even a serious comment.

True, although technically she said carp.. but she's the intelligent one remember!

(Sorry that may have been a little *****y..)

Check yourself before you wreck yourself my dear!
There are a hell of a lot of intelligent women on here who are more than happy to argue their point and put you right, myself included. Especially if you get arsey about it.

Wow....let's vent lol.

Personally someone said earlier in this post about it being a place to vent...that's what Laura did. A lot of what people say on here can be taken the wrong way. I didn't see anything wrong with Laura's Derby post, I thought she pushed it with the intelligent on your asses part, but so did someone who said whatever in a post....

It's a place to vent! Too much contradiction going on and not enough letting our hair down and venting about our lives and how outside influences annoy us. We are a team here people xx

I absolutely agree this is a place to vent - in fact, i was the one who said it! The problem I had was not that Laura chose to vent, it was the manner in which she did so. It was insulting, and rude. It may not have been meant to be that way, but it was.

Kingleds Id just like to quote something a very wise woman on here once said to me:

"Just know from now on that i say what i mean, and mean what I say. No "tone" in my posts. Cant say the same for others, hence i guess why some people thought I was being rude-i wasn't! Its a forum so I dont take it seriously enough to be rude to someone!! :) lifes too short! Peace out xx"

As for the carp (yes it is supposed to say carp, because it wasn’t all that serious), let’s face it, if everybody agreed and didn’t think someone else’s opinion was wrong then there would be no such thing as a debate would there?
I’m not saying you can’t have that opinion; it’s just not my opinion, just like my opinion isn't your opinion.
Let’s just agree to disagree on it.

Shirleen I’m actually quite upset. When you made the comments about the "onlys" did I slander you? No. I gave my opinion and we spoke about it like adults. I quite liked you, obviously the feeling wasn’t mutual. I’m genuinely hurt.

I would also like to point out before I leave here and debate whether to come back that today between you all you managed to make me feel like **** just because I voiced an opinion. I understand now some of you may have found my post on here insulting. It wasn’t meant to be that way, but even after apologising for it a few of you continued to belittle me. This is not ok. Minimins was my haven, a place for me to come and be myself without having to unleash my embarrassment about myself on my friends. Today I feel like Iv had that taken away from me.

I wish you all the best of luck in your weight loss journeys and hope you achieve all that you want to in it.

Dear hubby,

Don't read above post,or you'll be under the impression woman are allowed to venture into dark,creepy,spider ridden lofts, instead of sending the menfolk up there ;) x

Bunnylush said:
Dear hubby,

Don't read above post,or you'll be under the impression woman are allowed to venture into dark,creepy,spider ridden lofts, instead of sending the menfolk up there ;) x

That made me laugh!

Dear posters,
If you are going to comment on my post please read it properly before going of on a complete tangent.
What I used was called an example. People use them as a reference and a way to show/imply what they mean.
Plus I know from what I have learnt from this thing called education that what you are saying is complete carp. Don't make me go all intelligent on your ass.

I wonder what reaction you were expecting to get from this post ?
You say you have learnt from education and not to make you get intelligent. This does seem to have a tone and imply that you have a superior intelligence to those you are speaking to/about.
You are saying people don't know what they are talking about when they have pointed out that they have experience of the example you give.
You also say that people got hung up on calories. Your post uses the word calories 3 times and states a calorfic amount 2 times(if my maths is correct)
The initial thread seems to be just differring opinions but the post on this thread as I say I can't see what other sort of reaction you would expect to get.

I wonder what reaction you were expecting to get from this post ?
You say you have learnt from education and not to make you get intelligent. This does seem to have a tone and imply that you have a superior intelligence to those you are speaking to/about.
You are saying people don't know what they are talking about when they have pointed out that they have experience of the example you give.
You also say that people got hung up on calories. Your post uses the word calories 3 times and states a calorfic amount 2 times(if my maths is correct)
The initial thread seems to be just differring opinions but the post on this thread as I say I can't see what other sort of reaction you would expect to get.

Exactly this! The post here was not a 'vent' but a dig at people who had given their opinions without ever making it personal.

Bunnylush said:
Dear hubby,

Brilliant !!!!

Dear Myself

You are so good at giving advice (to my Mum & sis) about what to do to help on SW but why won't you follow that advice yourself & get your ass in gear!!!

Stop faffing around & get back on the wagon as it's not long to Christmas & if you followed your own advice you'd have at least 7lbs off.......

big bear said:
Dear Myself

You are so good at giving advice (to my Mum & sis) about what to do to help on SW but why won't you follow that advice yourself & get your ass in gear!!!

Stop faffing around & get back on the wagon as it's not long to Christmas & if you followed your own advice you'd have at least 7lbs off.......

Snap! I'm exactly the same as you!! Am back on it from Thursday :) come on-we can do this, we WILL be atleast 7lbs lighter by christmas! 8 weeks today so 1lb a week is plenty x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Back