Unthoughtful people!

Dear 'man who walks the dog of the people who live opposite' :chores016:

Please stop parking on the grass verge outside our drive and churning up the grass and mud. YOU then drive off and leave it spread all over the pavement and our drive, whilst WE have to walk and drive through it which means our cat (and OK, yes, my hubby!) walk it into the house.

We have asked nicely, asked firmly, and even had to get the council to 'redo' the edge of the verge last year where it meets the road. They asked us to keep an eye on you in case you do it again. I do not want to spend my time being the 'pavement police' - I simply want you to stop churning it all up, and to park your car in their double drive instead. I know you have seen it - it's the big tarmac area that leads from the road to their double garage, and you drive past it four times a day when you go down the road to turn around and park on our verge! They only have a small car and there is loads of room for you to pull in there and park.

We live in a small country dead end road (literally, as it leads to the cemetery!) Two cars in an hour is rush hour on this lane, so you don't need to worry about getting back out again, and at the risk of stating the obvious you are coming to take their dog for a WALK, so both you and the dog could surely walk the extra 5 yards it would take if you PARKED ON THEIR DRIVE!

I am a dog lover and do not blame the dog at all. However my cat is getting really p***ed off with her muddy paws and in a fair fight my money would be on her! :eek:

Yours muddily,

Mrs Moonwatcher

speccyblue said:
Dear loving boyfriend,

I was upset last night when you grabbed my belly and told me that there was about 1 stone of weight there. I do realise I have a fat belly but it's so much smaller than it used to be and so is the rest of me by the way! Thanks for digging out that video and showing me how awful I used to look.

I got upset when you said to me that I wasn't going to get down to 9 stone (I'm 5 foot 10 and quite broad!) because I didn't have the will power to. I feel that 11 stone is a good goal and I would like people to stop telling me what weight I should be (that goes for you too, Mum!).

Why did you get cross when I got upset??

Any by the way, I'm less than a stone heavier than you now, so by Xmas I will be lighter than you and you will have nothing to gloat about then.

Yes, I can eat this and that and everything else I put in my mouth as it has been accounted for.

I'm glad that me eating half your takeaway pizza the other week has now put you off bringing takeaway into the house again :)

I only love you because you make a fab SW goulash.

Yours,

Wobbly belly

Awww you poor thing! 11 stone is a great goal - it was mine too, and I'm the same height.

Just keep at it and you'll get wherever you want to be.

Xxx

You can learn to make goulash hunny. Get him sorted or get him gone. Thats an appalling way to treat you. He should be ashamed.:bighug:

He was very shame faced today and apologised that he didn't mean to make me upset and didn't realise how much of a nerve he hit. He's not usually like that, I'm not sure what got into him. I'm sure I will find a way to get him back though mwah ha ha.

He was very shame faced today and apologised that he didn't mean to make me upset and didn't realise how much of a nerve he hit. He's not usually like that, I'm not sure what got into him. I'm sure I will find a way to get him back though mwah ha ha.

I think its a case of gob in action before their brain... last night my hubbie looked me up and down as i was getting changed for bed and announced that i really should start back at the gym.
Usually he is supportive, except when he want me to get him chocolate lol

Dear general driver
( before i start, this is to some drivers not all)
I am a driving instructor,
When you make a mistake on the road do i shout verbal abuse at you? If you miss an opportunity at a junction to pull out do i scream at you out of the window and blast my horn at you? Do i deliberately cut you up to get ahead of you because i dont want to be travelling behind you? When traveling at the speed limit do i tail gate you to bully you into travelling faster? Even if its your priority to come through a gap only wide enough for one vehicle do i barge my way through because i feel i have more entitlement to be on the road? No of course i dont, so why would you do this to a person learning to drive??
I would like you to consider this... You are being aggressive to a person who is learning how to controll a vehicle, can you remember what that was like? Not only that, they are learning how to read the road and how to appropriately deal with difficult, ever changing situations, both difficult subjects to learn and trying to both at the same time. Blasting your horn at some one who is negotiating a busy junction for the first time only makes them more nervous and more likely to be hesitant or even stall the car, which inturn will make them panic even more.
Consider when you are cutting up a learner and aggressivly pulling back infront of them that they may be on test and you may of just caused them to fail an expensive waste of over a £100 dont you think.
And also consider this... just because you are following a learner car doesnt mean you are following a learner driver, you really piss me off when you sit on my arse weaving in and out trying to overtake in the most dangerous of places because you dont want to be stuck behind a learner car, even though i am doing 40 in a 40 mph zone, I have more than likely got more driving qualifications than you and am an advanced driver, I would never treat you the way you treat my learners, please have a little more consideration and patience it goes a long way, you are a minority of drivers, some drivers are really courtious and its very much appreciated, but the fact is you scare my learners and thats not right or fair

Dear lovely SW miniminers

Please before you start a brand new thread hav a look round the forum first. Oddly enough you're not the first person to wonder if there are any syn free sausages or to look for suggestions for lunch

Please, pretty please use the search facility that Pierce so kindly set up for you it's great, honest and you don't get charged for using it

Thank you so much

Oh and for the record wetherspoons DO NOT deep fry their jacket potatoes ;) x

Dear Dad,

Yes I am overweight and have been ever since I was a child but I'm now doing something about it. not that you achknowledged it even though I've lost 1st 10lb since you last seen me.

To hear one of my sisters say to me I'm fat because when I lived at home I spent the whole time sitting in my room stuffing my face with chocolate is not only hurtful but an out right lie (sis was just repeating what she'd heard dad saying). I only used to sit in my room when he was in because I couldn't stand being the in same room with his disapproving looks/tuts and when I was in my room all I was ever doing was school work, watching tv or lying under the covers trying to keep warm because the heating never worked!

I'm not going to blame anyone for me being oveweight but could me being overweight as a child have anything to do with the high sugar cereal you provided for breakfast, the white bread sandwiches, crisps and chocolate biscuit you sent me to school with and the ready meals that were served up nearly 9 1/2 times out of 10 for dinner (the 1/2 times it wasn't a ready meal it was take away) and as a child having no choice but to eat what was provided.

:mad: the man infuriates me. If you've got a problem with me why not have the balls to say it to my face rather than be a little girl and ***** to my sisters/other family members!! Just like when he called me a greasy mophead to another one of my sisters because as a teenage I didn't wash my hair everyday.

and breathe

Dear Boss,

Next time you give me a 7 hour shift to do at work (on my own!!!) please could you make me some lunch which doesn't consist of left over sausage roll and a piece of chocolate cake?!

Dear boss,
Please don't schedule a shadowing shift on the end of my long day. By the time he got there at 4pm I had already worked a 9hour shift!
Because I didn't want to be impolite I didn't get to eat until 10.30 last night. Then having to work another 9 hours with him today meant I didn't eat until 5pm!
Oh and why, why, why do you insist on taking on new staff who cannot drive to work at the other scheme with someone who cannot stand buses and spits at passengers?
Thanks awfully!

Dear cold,
will you go away? I had a cold two weeks ago, I'm not supposed to get a new one today!
Sneezingly yours.

Dear legs,
It's been 5 days since I over-exercised at the gym, enough already! Please let me go up the stairs in a minute without hauling myself up by the handrail!
Achingly yours

Dear Words with Friends random player,
Just because I annihilated you on three games does NOT make me a cheat!!! You are a cheeky cheeky cow and deserve a slap! Just because I have a better vocabulary than you and lots of experience playing scrabble doesn't make me a cheat!
I suggest you put down Take a Break and read a proper book with lots of words in it and maybe you may learn a few!

Last edited:
speccyblue said:

Glad to hear you got him sorted. I shall devote some time to payback ideas for you :)

wow great thread! think I'll be using this thread alot :p

Starlight said:

Please before you start a brand new thread hav a look round the forum first. Oddly enough you're not the first person to wonder if there are any syn free sausages or to look for suggestions for lunch

Please, pretty please use the search facility that Pierce so kindly set up for you it's great, honest and you don't get charged for using it

Thank you so much

Oh and for the record wetherspoons DO NOT deep fry their jacket potatoes ;) x

Well said Starlight!!! It's getting increasingly frustrating-along with the new thing of posting the same question in more than one place! That is especially frustrating as a member, when we take time to reply to someones post, and then a few hours later, you find the same question asked by them somewhere else! Yes I can appreciate the forum cab be a bit complex for newbies to navigate but even so!! :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Please before you start a brand new thread hav a look round the forum first.

I think it's odd when people have access to the internet that they can't look up this info on the SW website, it has a Syns directory and I use it all the time and it's free.

speccyblue said:
I think it's odd when people have access to the internet that they can't look up this info on the SW website, it has a Syns directory and I use it all the time and it's free.

Alot of people do SW from home so don't have access to the Syns online.

Dear rude old lady at the bus stop

Fair enough youre 'older' but it no way means you can push in after ive been waiting there 20 mins, thing is I would of let you on first anyway...manners doesnt cost a thing..

Vicki.

Dear rude ungrateful man that is supposed to be my fiancee,

Can you please not shout at me, when I bring you breakfast in bed because your "tired", yeah tired being having 34 hours sleep in 4 days when muggins here who may I add split your coffee on her foot when you shouted at her has had 5 hours sleep in the last 4 days.

So yeah thanks for laying down the law and telling me how it is since you lost your job, through your own stupidity may I add and now refuses to get out of bed before 11am or even help me out with anything because I'm a "housewife" well in normal peoples land a housewife is the woman who stays at home while the man "works" and please can you stop being so picky about jobs you apply for otherwise I'll have to work and you won't like that I won't be there to wipe your ass for you!

Yours eternally,

You ever loyal [STRIKE]servant[/STRIKE] Fiancee.

mcv said:
Dear general driver
( before i start, this is to some drivers not all)
I am a driving instructor,
When you make a mistake on the road do i shout verbal abuse at you? If you miss an opportunity at a junction to pull out do i scream at you out of the window and blast my horn at you? Do i deliberately cut you up to get ahead of you because i dont want to be travelling behind you? When traveling at the speed limit do i tail gate you to bully you into travelling faster? Even if its your priority to come through a gap only wide enough for one vehicle do i barge my way through because i feel i have more entitlement to be on the road? No of course i dont, so why would you do this to a person learning to drive??
I would like you to consider this... You are being aggressive to a person who is learning how to controll a vehicle, can you remember what that was like? Not only that, they are learning how to read the road and how to appropriately deal with difficult, ever changing situations, both difficult subjects to learn and trying to both at the same time. Blasting your horn at some one who is negotiating a busy junction for the first time only makes them more nervous and more likely to be hesitant or even stall the car, which inturn will make them panic even more.
Consider when you are cutting up a learner and aggressivly pulling back infront of them that they may be on test and you may of just caused them to fail an expensive waste of over a £100 dont you think.
And also consider this... just because you are following a learner car doesnt mean you are following a learner driver, you really piss me off when you sit on my arse weaving in and out trying to overtake in the most dangerous of places because you dont want to be stuck behind a learner car, even though i am doing 40 in a 40 mph zone, I have more than likely got more driving qualifications than you and am an advanced driver, I would never treat you the way you treat my learners, please have a little more consideration and patience it goes a long way, you are a minority of drivers, some drivers are really courtious and its very much appreciated, but the fact is you scare my learners and thats not right or fair

Oh MCV,

I know exactly what you mean. I have been teaching my OH to drive. Whenever he took longer than usual to find a gap in traffic at complex roundabouts, and got honked at, he'd panic and stall. I got so cross on his behalf!

Can't people see the L-plates and remember how scary it is to learn to drive?!

Oh MCV,

I know exactly what you mean. I have been teaching my OH to drive. Whenever he took longer than usual to find a gap in traffic at complex roundabouts, and got honked at, he'd panic and stall. I got so cross on his behalf!

Can't people see the L-plates and remember how scary it is to learn to drive?!

Unforutunatly some people are rude, ignorant and self-important. They live in there little bubble and hate it when anyone get's in there way (although if they are the one's dawdling around then suddenly you should be more patient), If they are impatient because they are being held up because they were already late they should of left the house earlier. Good on your OH learning to drive!

Back