Unthoughtful people!

Dear strikers outside of the Town Hall where I work,

I fully understand why you are striking, but must you be so so intimidating?! If you want to strike, then great, good for you. If others want to join you in striking, then they will do so. I don't agree with the fact that you stand there trying to intimidate people into joining you.

Today is the first time I have witnessed a strike, and you frightened me that much that I had to walk away from you and called my dad on the verge of tears.

How do you even know I work for the Council? For one thing, I don't. I am employed through a charity, not the council, therefore the strike has nothing to do with me. I am not part of the union and don't have a pension fund.

Thank you for giving me such a daunting, panic-stricken experience. You have shaken me up and nocked me to pot all day, and now I am dreading even going out for lunch, and leaving later on today when I finish.

Get on with your strike and leave the rest of us be!

:(

My friend just had the same thing, wish the muppets would understand that, they have a right in law to strike, as they have a eight in law not to strike, to force one or the other to do what you want them to do means no-one has rights!

Dear Mum

Dammit! you've stunk the house out with the tasty smell of garlic bread...

I've just checked out the syns...

Meanie :(

Dear Mum

Dammit! you've stunk the house out with the tasty smell of garlic bread...

I've just checked out the syns...

Meanie :(

It's awful isn't it. My brother is always stinking the house out with lovely smelling pizzas and garlic breads.

Why don't you try making your own? I use a Weight Watchers tortilla wraps (5 Syns), Garlic and Cheese (HExA) to make my own SW friendly version xx

That's so mean! What's her problem?! Grrrrrrrrr stupid woman. Sorry your MIL is making things so hard for you hun :( x

Aww thanks :) It was the final straw and I made my hubby have words and all I got was an insincere half- ar*ed apology so I've barely said a word to her since. Luckily my own family are very loving and supportive!

I'm loving this thread!!! I'm over a year going to SW and I can think of so many times I needed to vent something!!!

Dear life, give me a friking break will you.
You gave me hopes that you had decided I'd had enough bad luck Sunday when the replacement sky box I went to collect turned out to be a sky+ HD box. Then you go and take my job off me again just before Christmas.
Not cool.
:(

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Oh Coljack. I'm so sorry to hear thats happened again to you. Could you get some short term work to tide you over until the new yesr at least? I'm sure the supermarkets will be looking for people at the moment?

We get 31p/mile, but have to wait til pay day, therefore need to find the money in the first place-to put the fuel in-to get to the calls-then count the hours and miles-then submit them at the end of the pay period-to hopefully get something back in the wage! The pay run goes from the 23rd to the 22nd and then we get paid on the last day! Bearing in mind I didn't actually start til the 1st of November, my first time sheet had 1958miles on it!!!! Which should be just over £600 extra in my wages :) but I don't know if I can sustain it long term! They have assured me that it will Calm down, but I'm not ovely convinced to be fair! Will give it 3 months and see xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Have you looked into the possibility of claiming more at all? I thought that the tax would pay at least 40p a mile? Can't remember exactly how it works though. A few of the girls I used to work with are really struggling nowadays with the fuel costs :eek:

*Emsie* said:
Have you looked into the possibility of claiming more at all? I thought that the tax would pay at least 40p a mile? Can't remember exactly how it works though. A few of the girls I used to work with are really struggling nowadays with the fuel costs :eek:

You're righf. They should be paying 40p a
Mile if you use your own car.

The best thing i can suggest is, credit rating permitting of course, get yourself a credit card that you use specifically for work expenses. Make sure you pay it off each month, and it will probably even help your credit rating. If you make sure you pay off the entire balance it doesn't even matter if the interest rate is high, and make sute you opt out of any automatic limit increases as well.

kingleds said:
You're righf. They should be paying 40p a
Mile if you use your own car.

The best thing i can suggest is, credit rating permitting of course, get yourself a credit card that you use specifically for work expenses. Make sure you pay it off each month, and it will probably even help your credit rating. If you make sure you pay off the entire balance it doesn't even matter if the interest rate is high, and make sute you opt out of any automatic limit increases as well.

I think with care work they can pay what they like!

You can claim any difference between what you get paid and the 40p government allowance from HMRC. Pretty straightforward I think and it normally means you get a different tax code next year! xx

Dear 'new' Nurse,
We discussed how jolly painful Vitamin B12 injections are, so I don't understand why you decided to jab the needle into my muscle...the needle is pretty sharp so it would have gone in anyway!
So thanks for making me cry...although you didn't see because I was in my car.
Whimpering

Dear Brother,
Your bike is a BIKE! Not a child, or a dog or a vulnerable adult. It CAN be left alone. They sell objects to lock your bike up outside shops too!!!!
So please.....don't go on that you cannot pick up OUR mother's prescription or take it to the Chemist!
Your Sis the doormat!

Dear Colleague,
New sentence for you to learn.... 'Sorry I'm late', next time I'm phoning On-Call, you take the mick!
Especially as you get paid way more than I do!

Dear Husband and Son,
It's ok, I know you two are knackered after your day off and couldn't possibly make dinner, or say thank you when I made it for YOU!

Dear Son, I asked you two hours ago for a cuppa, you said 'In a minute' I realise slobbing on the sofa is important to you, but I neeed a brew!

totally love these posts, I have spent the last hour reading them and having a laugh although several of them remind me of me. ;)

Dear car
Please stop breaking & making weird noises. You are making me paranoid, and i'm driving like a 90 year old blind woman as a result! I can't afford to get you serviced till after xmas - just deal with it![/QUOTE]

I second this! Stupid car!

Dear back,

Yes I know your fed up of working after 9 days without a day off but we only have to carry on until Sunday morning at 10am then we have a week off so if your going to prolapse a disk would you be so kind as to wait until then?

Yours achingly

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Dear Neighbourhood Dog

If you continue barking non-stop from before 6am, I may be forced to take drastic action!

Yours
Tired and grumpy having been woken up earlier than she wanted for the last 3 days running

Dear Neighbourhood Dog's Owners

Deal with your fricking dog! If it's waking me up and driving me insane, surely you cannot fail to hear it barking non stop at that time of the morning.

Yours
Tired and grumpy having been woken up earlier than she wanted for the last 3 days running

Dear guys staying in the house my annex is attached to

Can you start parking properly on the driveway please? I am sick to death of you guys parking on an angle so that I have to drive over the full curb to get off the drive - it's damaging my sodding car as the front keeps bottoming out on the high curb. If you parked straight on there I would be able to use the drop curb, and there'd be no issues.

Oh, and is there any need to slam the door every morning when you leave for work before 7am? Or rev the engine on the car numerous times before leaving? The driveway is right by my bedroom, have some consideration! In fairness the issues have only started since the 2nd of you moved in so... I think it should be more of a rant at one of you than both of you!

Yours
Your starting to get fecked off neighbour/housemate!

Dear husband,
I appreciate the thought, I really do, but FFS, how did you think Milk Tray were an appropriate present?

Dear Milk Tray,
Please don't taste so nice and please Shut the f*ck up calling me from the kitchen.

Dear random peoples..
No, I haven't lost too much weight. No, I'm not doing too much. Of course I look tired, I have three kids and *heaven forbid* putting on make-up to cover the dark circles wasn't top of my to-do list.

Dear Nose,
Please stop dripping like a tap when I'm out running, causing me to snot like a man at the side of the road. It's really undignified.

Dear, readers.
I apologise if that was last one was too-much-information!

Back