Unthoughtful people!

Shirleen said:
I've quoted the wrong message cos I'm lazy!
I know you want to avoid alcohol but the alcohol in a pudding is cooked away (especially if you steam it) so no actual alcohol is left.
Failing that maybe the 'free from' range?

BTW if you make some puddings early next year you could give them as gifts, would cost the earth then? Wrapped in muslin and overtied with festive ribbon I can't think of a nicer pressie although you wouldn't be able to make it too early without the alcohol (as I found out with my tee total Christmas cake ;)

I've quoted the wrong message cos I'm lazy!
I know you want to avoid alcohol but the alcohol in a pudding is cooked away (especially if you steam it) so no actual alcohol is left.
Failing that maybe the 'free from' range?

Even though (most of) the alcohol is burnt off, it would still taste really strong of it...being a recovering alcoholic, i don't think that it would be a good idea :sigh: i have considered it, but it just doesn't seem worth the risk, ya know?

I'm going to check at asda, but I think all their free from ones have no nuts in either. with puddings its either have a pudding full of booze and nuts, or have one without both. There doesn't seem to be an alcohol-free one with nuts. sucks royally!

BTW if you make some puddings early next year you could give them as gifts, would cost the earth then? Wrapped in muslin and overtied with festive ribbon I can't think of a nicer pressie although you wouldn't be able to make it too early without the alcohol (as I found out with my tee total Christmas cake ;)

But yeah I like this idea- next year i think i might make my own, i could always take some mixture for me and put in alcohol for the others, or make completely alcohol free ones and give them to people that don't drink either :)

LittleFlutterby said:
Even though (most of) the alcohol is burnt off, it would still taste really strong of it...being a recovering alcoholic, i don't think that it would be a good idea :sigh: i have considered it, but it just doesn't seem worth the risk, ya know?

I'm going to check at asda, but I think all their free from ones have no nuts in either. with puddings its either have a pudding full of booze and nuts, or have one without both. There doesn't seem to be an alcohol-free one with nuts. sucks royally!

But yeah I like this idea- next year i think i might make my own, i could always take some mixture for me and put in alcohol for the others, or make completely alcohol free ones and give them to people that don't drink either :)

Could you not add some nuts with a skewer? Remove the pud carefully, then push in some chopped nuts?
Then cook as usual.

BTW I wanted to congratulate you on four sober years, I'm the child of an alcoholic and I know the hell it causes and how hard it is to kick, so I salute you!

Dear Oven

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...... you shall not pack in and not stay lit for me 5 days before Christmas..... I swear you and the heating are in cahoots what with that packing up last year and you being a right git this year. I am not having fun and I want to bake stuff and things.... curses to you, If you magically start to work I promise you, I will give you the cleaning of your life...

Lots of love
Your owner

Dear British Gas - You can bugger right off, I am not paying £90 forfor your service man to come over, tinker with my oven for 10 minutes and then bugger of to your van for for the remaining time, so you can bump up the call out charge to the £250...... just no
Yours, the lady with no voice

Dear buffet food.

Why do u call my name?! Do us both a favour and learn something new or I'll flush u down the loo!!

Yours faithfully (unfortunately)

Yr not-so-hungry spectator

Dear single friend,

I know you have been single for some time now, and I know you are not best pleased about that situation, but when I am trying to arrange a get together before Christmas, please stop referring to yourself as the 'loner', or a 'bloody loner'. You are friends with N and her husband, J and her husband, K and her fiance and you are friends with me. I don't see why their husbands and my OH should be told they can't come because it makes you feel like a loner. They are part of our lives too, and not going anywhere! I was single too ya know, but I just got on with it as best I could. We are all trying our best, especially me, but there is only so much I can do, or take! We are not couply couples (hand holding all the time, smoochy etc), and you know this. We are all as sensitive as possible. But its Christmas.

Now I feel like a right selfish cow bag :(

Dear shoppers, see that man in a wheelchair in front of me? Yea the one saying nah nah now all the time? He's worth ten of you, and is equally entitled to do his Christmas Shopping! So feck off with ramming him, tutting and giving him disgusted dirty looks cos I might forget I'm a Christian and deck you!!!!

Shirleen said:
Dear shoppers, see that man in a wheelchair in front of me? Yea the one saying nah nah now all the time? He's worth ten of you, and is equally entitled to do his Christmas Shopping! So feck off with ramming him, tutting and giving him disgusted dirty looks cos I might forget I'm a Christian and deck you!!!!

It's disgusting isn't it, I get so peeved with shoppers when I'm with people I work with. They are amazing and beautiful people and they don't deserve to be judged!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Dear idiot underage looking child,

You looked far too young to be driving that brand new Ford focus and you obviously didn't know how to drive after you smacked into the back of my car whilst I was waiting at a turning and pushing me directly into the paths of two cars! AND how dare you drive off without stopping I've called the police you reckless piece of dog poo, if my back is hurting in the morning I'm going to find you and sue you! At least ny car is a tank and you did no damage you muppet!

MissSlinky2011 said:
Dear idiot underage looking child,

You looked far too young to be driving that brand new Ford focus and you obviously didn't know how to drive after you smacked into the back of my car whilst I was waiting at a turning and pushing me directly into the paths of two cars! AND how dare you drive off without stopping I've called the police you reckless piece of dog poo, if my back is hurting in the morning I'm going to find you and sue you! At least ny car is a tank and you did no damage you muppet!

Omg!! Hope you're ok xx

Thanks guys I'm ok, a bit stiff this morning. Glad there was no damage to my car x

Welshtigger said:
Dear boss,
What on earth makes you think it's acceptable practice to send a carer out from 8am til 9pm, with over 100miles of driving, and only 4.5 hours of calls in all that time! I'm getting seriously fed up of this-it's not worth my while being out all that time-as you also have to remember I drive 30 mins to and from the office aswell! So tomorrow I'll be out of the house at 7.30am, and won't be back til about 9.20ish! I'm not happy in the slightest :(
Love from one of your p*ssed off support workers

Dear boss
It's nearly Christmas, and in case your forgotten-you've got staff who still don't know what they are working! It is just appalling that we've asked and asked for our rotas and we are just getting ignored! I'm sick of finding out at 9.30 the night before, and am not a very happy member of staff at the moment! It totally takes the pi*s that you haven't told us! My parents are hanging on to find out so they can plan their Christmas day-so not only are you messing the staff around, but also their families! It's not like Christmas is a surprise occurrence this year-as far as I can remember we have one each year!! So why the hell aren't the rotas done!!
I have applied to two other agencies this week, both who have a reputation for treating their staff well! And also out of the 7staff you have, another 4 are also applying else where!!! Good luck with that one!!!!!

Dear boss
It's nearly Christmas, and in case your forgotten-you've got staff who still don't know what they are working! It is just appalling that we've asked and asked for our rotas and we are just getting ignored! I'm sick of finding out at 9.30 the night before, and am not a very happy member of staff at the moment! It totally takes the pi*s that you haven't told us! My parents are hanging on to find out so they can plan their Christmas day-so not only are you messing the staff around, but also their families! It's not like Christmas is a surprise occurrence this year-as far as I can remember we have one each year!! So why the hell aren't the rotas done!!
I have applied to two other agencies this week, both who have a reputation for treating their staff well! And also out of the 7staff you have, another 4 are also applying else where!!! Good luck with that one!!!!!

Could not agree more with this one! I get the feeling that employers don't think of us care staff as real people with families and commitments of our own, but no doubt THEY wont be working over Christmas

Samprand said:
Could not agree more with this one! I get the feeling that employers don't think of us care staff as real people with families and commitments of our own, but no doubt THEY wont be working over Christmas

We've got 3 bosses(the owner, his wife and a service manager) and only Paul-the owner is working!! I've just had a phone call from another agency offering me an interview on the 5th of January :) so that's brill :) xx

We've got 3 bosses(the owner, his wife and a service manager) and only Paul-the owner is working!! I've just had a phone call from another agency offering me an interview on the 5th of January so that's brill xx

thats fab news! :) x

Samprand said:
thats fab news! :) x

Thanks! Am just so angry that it's nearly 9pm and despite 2 txts to the service manager(who does the rota)and 2 to the big boss, I still how no idea what I'm working over the next few days! I'm so tempted to just not go in!!! It's an absolute pi*s take :( xx

That's just rubbish, Welshtigger. I worked in management in the care industry and I always made sure the Christmas rota was out by the first week in Novemberand I also always chipped in a worked on the shop floor to show we all did the same and I always did the nightshift on Christmas Eve to show I shared the work with the staff.

Back