Unthoughtful people!

Dear husband,
please don't expect me to be happy about the fact that not only have you have been at work all day on my birthday, but you also couldn't be bothered to get me any kind of gift, even though what I asked you for would have cost you absolutely nothing. Getting up this morning to a puddle of pee on the bathroom floor and the baby throwing up all over me obviously didn't lift my mood at all. So you offering to cook me dinner (when you are the one who always does the cooking anyway) and telling me I can have a bath on my own (instead of the usual routine of having at least one child in there with me) doesn't make up for it. As if it's not bad enough that Nan has been readmitted to hospital. My feelings are hurt and I am utterly miserable, so thanks for making me feel so worthless and unimportant.

Mine didn't get me a birthday or Christmas present !!!!!!
Was going to wish you a happy birthday, but thought otherwise :(
Hope you are feeling in a better mood soon :) x

Dear MIL (can you call them that if your just living together partners?!)

I understand that it has just been Christmas and yes, I know it's a tight month. And no, I wasn't too bothered that all I got on my birthday was a text message nor did I put up a fuss that for the second year on the trot you declined having Xmas dinner at my mums (both you and OH were invited, my mum cooks enough for an army!).

BUT!! I do get mightily p'ed right off with the fact you can't be bloody arsed to even get your Son a card on his birthday! You know what day it is right? I mean, I'm pretty sure it hasn't changed for the last 32 years and again, pretty sure you gave birth to him.

Since we have been together I have been trying my damn hardest to get him to get into the spirit of celebrating Xmas and birthdays but now I can see why he has no f'ing interest in them at all! He always said he never really had a Xmas or birthday and that makes me very sad.

You're a very selfish woman. Grrrrr.

Yours most annoyed,
Minky

Last edited:
Oh my lord!! I couldn't help but laugh at some of these, but yet sympathise!!!

I'm a very well looked after gf, however I do have a grumble today!

Dear people at work,

If you don't like my face don't look at it and yes if you have a problem I would rather you just tell me or even ask how I am!!! Yes I do have sh!t going at home, but there is really no need to ruin my friggin life by complaining about me behind my back!! Coz if I understand correctly I don't have to tell the world how and why I feel this way, so if you don't wish to sit near me then don't coz I'd rather sit on my own than sit next to two faced people who don't like me!

Oh yes and it's my fecking birthday on Monday, and even though you don't like me, I sign every single one of your bloody birthday cards, but if you don't bother for me then I won't either, that suits me fine

Thanks
A very unhappy, but now happy colleague!

P.s that feels a lot better!!

Dear other half, I love you dearly but please don't wake me up at 2am to tell me you have earache and then wake me up every 20 minutes since to tell me it still hurts when I'm ill and struggling to sleep myself. Surely you could have got your own pain killers or your own hot water bottle or even gone out to the car at 5am to get the hand warmers so you could place one on the side of your head instead of me going in my jimmies. I love you but right now I would love sleep even more lol xx

Mrs.S. said:
Dear women of minis,

Why the hell do you put up with it?

Yours,

One very much loved and very well looked after mrs!

What she said-where that double like button mods?

Dear cold
Piss off. I want to spend NYE with my mates & hubby having a good time, not in bed. I'm bored with you now.

Dear women of minis,

Why the hell do you put up with it?

Yours,

One very much loved and very well looked after mrs!

i havent, i have spent the day telling him off, and we are now not speaking and i will continue to not speak to him/do his washing/cook his tea/be nice to him until he buys me a present and apologises....oh and i spent HIS wages on a new coat and boots for myself today :D

Dear New year,

Please please please only bring me nice things this year, no more nasty surprises like the last two years.

Thank you

Amy

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
Dear New year,

Please please please only bring me nice things this year, no more nasty surprises like the last two years.

Thank you

Amy

Hey you have the best surprise ever coming your way next year :)

breeza said:
Hey you have the best surprise ever coming your way next year :)

I know if all goes well, yesterday and today I'm just having panics that its ectopic or I will do something wrong and have a miscarriage I won't stop worrying until my scan and then get to 12 weeks and I might relax lol.

A woman I'm friends with on Facebook posted about her friend who just gave birth 3 weeks early but the baby weighed 8lbs and the baby died and she's made me feel even more scared than I was before :( I don't want anything to go wrong

X x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
I know if all goes well, yesterday and today I'm just having panics that its ectopic or I will do something wrong and have a miscarriage I won't stop worrying until my scan and then get to 12 weeks and I might relax lol.

A woman I'm friends with on Facebook posted about her friend who just gave birth 3 weeks early but the baby weighed 8lbs and the baby died and she's made me feel even more scared than I was before :( I don't want anything to go wrong

X x x

Aw try not to worry too much I know it's hard and believe me every pregnant woman has or had the same fears it's only natural. After trying for so long I expect your worry is more than normal just try keep relaxed and not stress too much.

As for the sad stories bout babies these will always be there but at the moment you and your baby are fine so just focus on that.

I hope everything turns out fine when you have your scan and this will help you relax and enjoy being pregnant :) xx

I know I need to stop worrying so much, it is really hard I think I just need to start taking a deep breath when I start to worry!
X x x

miss slinky, please relax...when i got pregnant after the 3 year wait i freaked out all the time, i bled in the first 12 weeks but it turned out to be nothing, and had a few other things wrong, but all my stressing did was make me really depressed and actually made the problems i had alot worse, stressing and worrying wont stop anything bad happening and it wont help you cope with it any better, all it will do is make you deeply unhappy for the whole of your pregnancy. a little worry is normal but please dont let it take over like i did, i became very very poorly with pnd because of stress and i wish i had learnt to relax cos it ruined the whole experience for me...when i got pregnant again i was determined to just not go there in my head, i bought a relaxation cd and book called hypnobirthing, alot of it is a load of old twoddle (pain free birth...yeah right) but it kept me calm and relaxed, i had no complications and i dealt with the birth brilliantly, no pnd and my baby is 9 months old and it was the best pregnancy and birth experience out of all 3 of my children. theres really alot to be said for learning how to relax..i would recommend buying something like that to help you, i just used to listen to it each evening from very early on and i would fall to sleep half way through and wake at the end, but thats supposed to happen, its like subliminal messages...and it honestly helps. your baby is fine, and you will be fine...there are always bad things that happen but for the moment they are just other peoples experiences, try not to read too much into it hun. be happy!! its what youve wanted for a long time :)

Thank you for sharing your experience with me it is really difficult to relax, as soon as I hear babys heartbeat in 12 days I know I will feel a million times better its mainly because the Dr was worried for ectopic has made me worried I guess x x x

Worrying is a good sign! It means all your hormones are flooding in making that baby grow!
You will hear of lots of stories now, just as if you stand waiting for a friend who has a White car to come every other car that passes will be white! It doesn't mean anything except that you are tubing in more than you used to.

There's a bible verse I love that goes 'who of you by worrying have added a single hair to your head' (wording my be off a bit).
Worrying changes nothing!
Babies are more resilient than we think.
As one Gynae doc told me 'babies are parasitic creatures). I was shocked at first but it's true!

I loved being pregnant and the labour, I pray you will too xxx

Dear nice lady I have the crush on (again)

Thanks for taking my phone number but please please please text me back! I don't want to only see you when you're serving me at Asda....we have far too much in common!

Dammit- I can't believe I miss you already :( How sad am I!

Shirleen said:
Worrying is a good sign! It means all your hormones are flooding in making that baby grow!
You will hear of lots of stories now, just as if you stand waiting for a friend who has a White car to come every other car that passes will be white! It doesn't mean anything except that you are tubing in more than you used to.

There's a bible verse I love that goes 'who of you by worrying have added a single hair to your head' (wording my be off a bit).
Worrying changes nothing!
Babies are more resilient than we think.
As one Gynae doc told me 'babies are parasitic creatures). I was shocked at first but it's true!

I loved being pregnant and the labour, I pray you will too xxx

Aww thank you, I've calmed down a lot now, my mum said to me that even if something goes wrong at least I know now that I CAN get pregnant I will just pray that this little baby is healthy and strong :)

X x x

bless you miss slinky, the first 12 weeks are the hardest, your excited when you first find out then all of a sudden you start thinking what if? and hear horror stories and it squashes the excitement...i am sure all will be well. p.s. i was told i was having another miscarriage when i was pregnant with my middle child cos i was bleeding and was told to go away and get on with it, then when i went for a follow up scan there she was healthy and growing and her heart beating strong...doctors dont always know best hun!!!

Back