Unthoughtful people!

sleepytimesadie said:
I kept quiet because I have to, but believe me, she did not get my genuine nice service, I walked away and got on with other things, and let Kev serve her when she wanted more to drink... I just think it shows how some people are basically ill educated and or, that thoughtless not to consider the plight of others... xx

I just can't believe that people think they have the right to comment - she obviously thought she knew your situation, but obviously didn't which is the risk you take talking about something like that.. I just fail to understand why grown people don't think that there's some things you don't talk about in public, to stranger, who have access to your drinks ;)
Well done for staying calm! X

i would just like to say to my so called friends that i work with if you are going to talk about me please do it somewhere other than the shop floor where not only customers can hear but i can also hear while sorting out kids clothes yes my family is going through a really tough time at the moment but that doesnt change the fact that my 18 year old daughter is missing her violent partner has taken there son and im having to fight for a few hour visit to see him and also i dont care that you think i havent lost weight because i know i have please note that now i will no longer be available for late night text or phone calls next time you want to know something about slimming world or you have a family crisis

Dear wedding supplier (I won't name names),

This is my first wedding, so please be aware that yes, I may ask questions. And yes, I googled you to see if there were any reviews, and upon finding a thread which wasn't so positive, I thought you may like to see it, and have chance to respond. You appeared to appreciate this, but didn't like the fact I googled you. Then last night I read through your T&C's as any normal person would before parting with cash, and emailed you regarding something which didn't sit well. After emailing you, I discovered a paragraph elsewhere which contradicted said T&C's, so emailed you back to apologise, and to say that my question was answered.

Therefore, I don't really appreciate the email which awaited me this morning. Perhaps I am reading between the lines (I often do!), but it very much seemed like you were criticising me for doing 'a job on you' (I told them what my job is, internet researcher) and that in future I should ask you questions rather than use the internet.

As a slightly stressed bride to be, cut me some slack please. I'm doing most of this do-dah alone, and am trying to make the best choices so the "I told you so" brigade can have a day off!

juejon said:
i would just like to say to my so called friends that i work with if you are going to talk about me please do it somewhere other than the shop floor where not only customers can hear but i can also hear while sorting out kids clothes yes my family is going through a really tough time at the moment but that doesnt change the fact that my 18 year old daughter is missing her violent partner has taken there son and im having to fight for a few hour visit to see him and also i dont care that you think i havent lost weight because i know i have please note that now i will no longer be available for late night text or phone calls next time you want to know something about slimming world or you have a family crisis

That's terrible ,I hope your daughter gets in touch soon x

Thinking of you......I know what you are going through to a degree and you will get through all this..........don't listen to ignorant gossips - it could happen to any of them! I know it's easier said than done, take care xxxxxx

thank you but its so hard and thought my friends where there for me oh boy did i learn different yesterday in fact im thinking i may take a sicky tomoz anyway think i need to take a deep breath and be patient this site keeps me going and some of the posts on here make me giggle and i do have 4 other children and 2 grandchildren soon to be 3 that need me and i will be here when my daughter and grandson need me

kingleds said:
Dear Newbies of the minimins world

Seriously dudes? How many of your are addicted to your scales???? Sort it out please. Also, the plan works, thats why this is the most popular of all the forums - we aren't here 'cos we just love talking about scan bran and bowel movements, so please, trust in it. Stop panicing that you've not lost weight on your first week, and if you don't loose weight in your first week, or indeed in any week, here's a novel idea - Maybe you got it wrong, Maybe you didn't quite stick to it as well as you thought you had! Maybe drinking your own body weight in Vodka on a Saturday night is not conducive to a good weight loss.

Just a thought.................

I'm going to bring this back up and shout HERE, HERE! After having my head ripped off elsewhere on the forum for trying to offer constructive advice, i'm officially done with newbies.

I'm going to bring this back up and shout HERE, HERE! After having my head ripped off elsewhere on the forum for trying to offer constructive advice, i'm officially done with newbies.

Well, I mean, honestly, Jez - how dare you imply that in order for SW to work... you actually have to follow the SW plan :rolleyes: :D You should be ashamed of your rudeness, lol!

JezVonSavage said:

No way!!!! Awwww we love ya jez x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

JezVonSavage said:

Saw your blasting - totally uncalled for and agree that it shouldn't have happened. Fact of the matter is, if you ask for help and cant handle the truth or advice - don't ask! Simple! Xx

Sent by my dainty non pudgy fingers

MinkyDinky said:
Saw your blasting - totally uncalled for and agree that it shouldn't have happened. Fact of the matter is, if you ask for help and cant handle the truth or advice - don't ask! Simple! Xx

Sent by my dainty non pudgy fingers

This!
Some people just can't be helped x

Well thankyou ladies! I re-read my post in case I had unwittingly come accross a bit rude, I was actually just trying to outline how hard it can be but that it's worthwhile, and I honestly did not find myself offensive. Maybe I'm just a bit tougher then other people? Oh well- win some lose some!!

Well thankyou ladies! I re-read my post in case I had unwittingly come accross a bit rude, I was actually just trying to outline how hard it can be but that it's worthwhile, and I honestly did not find myself offensive. Maybe I'm just a bit tougher then other people? Oh well- win some lose some!!

Don't worry about it. Some people can't be helped, some people don't want to be helped, and some people are just having a bad day, and you are easy to take it out on 'cos they don't know you. I didn't take what you said as offensive, but then I often find that people misconstrue what is said on here, its just the nature of forums hun.

Don't stop giving good advice, just accept that sometimes people won't want to hear it :).

Back on thread
Dear Waterloo Station
No amount of Dyson Airblades makes it okay that you charge to use your loos. Its scandalous!
And your hand dryers are rubbish btw, I don't care how environmentally friendly they are. I'm surprised you didn't charge me extra for using them.

Yours,
Very nearly wet herself trying to find a friggin 20p piece
KL

sleepytimesadie said:
Dear Woman sat at the bar yesterday...
You have a right to your opinon, and as a customer you are supposed to be always right... However, spouting off that women with no children are not 'natural' is offensive to someone like me who cannot have any... Yes its flattering that you think Amy is ours by birth, and I wouldn't tell you we adopted her in any case, but just for the record, not everyone is in a position to have their own... Having said that, I would still have adopted Amy no matter what, as that girl is the best thing in my life... Thank you for keeping your sweeping statements to yourself in future, *****...

See my nasty opinionated nature wishes I'd been there, I would have asked her "do you have children" and ob the answer would be yes, I would have asked her what she was doing drinking in a bar ob a Wednesday night, what if one of her kids needed her, cos no matter if they're three or thirty, motherhood is a job for life, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.. So to be sitting in a bar drinking when one of them might need you us the height of irresponsibility!

(BTW I don't really hold the opinion that you can't have time off, I was just making a specious argument!).

Shirleen said:
See my nasty opinionated nature wishes I'd been there, I would have asked her "do you have children" and ob the answer would be yes, I would have asked her what she was doing drinking in a bar ob a Wednesday night, what if one of her kids needed her, cos no matter if they're three or thirty, motherhood is a job for life, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.. So to be sitting in a bar drinking when one of them might need you us the height of irresponsibility!

(BTW I don't really hold the opinion that you can't have time off, I was just making a specious argument!).

Thanks, it nearly killed me to keep my mouth shut, but we haven't been here long and I didn't want to upset the locals... I wish you had been there too, but alas, I bit my tongue and let her spout her rubbish... She got to me a bit, hence the rant on here, but at least we know that our Amy has since we have had her at least has never been left on her own while I was out, Kev and I have always made sure one of us is there... Bet she can't say the same... Thanks for your imput though, next time she is in I will think about what you said and smile to myself...xx

JezVonSavage said:

Where is said post?!!! :((

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back