Unthoughtful people!

Flibsey said:
ouch misslinky. sounds like a bad night all round.

btw: I have a love/hate relationship with being known as a "service user", I know it's the right term now but on the one hand it makes me feel like I choose to use the mental health service. Like I could fix my problems if I chose to which is really kind of annoying seeing as my brain has this whole crappy wiring problem that I have no control over... on the other hand, it feels so much more respectful than "mental patient" lol.

Don't think of it as a bad term. A care/support agency provide a service and a person uses the service for what ever reason. Therefore service user-nothing more :)

I knew a girl who referred to her home care patients as 'clients' it made her sound like a call girl, although that was alot to do with her looks too! Lol!
I suppose it's hard to find a generic term and service user is the least offensive and the most general, after all.
I don't like it much either mind it's impersonal and this job is very personal IYSWIM?

Shirleen said:
I knew a girl who referred to her home care patients as 'clients' it made her sound like a call girl, although that was alot to do with her looks too! Lol!
I suppose it's hard to find a generic term and service user is the least offensive and the most general, after all.
I don't like it much either mind it's impersonal and this job is very personal IYSWIM?

The company I worked for called them clients!

See I work with one guy, we're together more than I'm with my family, to me he IS a part of my family, so to call him a service user seems a bit wrong.
However perhaps I'm wrong in thinking of him as family.

See I work with one guy, we're together more than I'm with my family, to me he IS a part of my family, so to call him a service user seems a bit wrong.
However perhaps I'm wrong in thinking of him as family.

possibly, but if you were him wouldn't you rather know your carer actually cares about you rather than being a person who just takes care of you? there's a big difference.

My cousin and her husband have their "service users" over for Xmas dinner!! It means they can celebrate Xmas together, but I think they both have a soft spot for the people they work with (they are with the same people all the time).

JezVonSavage said:
My cousin and her husband have their "service users" over for Xmas dinner!! It means they can celebrate Xmas together, but I think they both have a soft spot for the people they work with (they are with the same people all the time).

This year I'm on from 7am Christmas day til 4pm boxing day, I asked Hubby about my SU coming for lunch but he's not entirely comfortable around him, fair enough it's not for everyone. I may take him for a cup and a mince pie though!

Yeah you should Shirleen, it's nice for you and it's nice for him. Hubby may come round to it, eh?

JezVonSavage said:
Yeah you should Shirleen, it's nice for you and it's nice for him. Hubby may come round to it, eh?

I think he will he has met him and the last time we bumped into Paul at Tesco my SU went pink with pleasure....honest he just lit up because Paul stopped and spoke to him, Paul was made up because my SU was so thrilled! Bless them both x

I only use service user in a public forum because of privacy and data protection - you never know where big brothers eyes are! Lol

When I'm with them they tell me what they would prefer I.e to most people I'm Amy to my best friends I'm Amz to people who incessantly call my house I'm Mrs withey thank you very much! Lol

Some people I work with like Mr or Mrs ... and Tbh they are the older people I work with and I respect them - I would only expect people to call my mum Mrs Gannon. But most are happy with first names and a handful have - I've lost the word now lol like pet names but ! You know what I mean! names they like to be called that are personal to them and its a privilege that they like me enough that I get to use that name!

X x x

Shirleen said:
I think he will he has met him and the last time we bumped into Paul at Tesco my SU went pink with pleasure....honest he just lit up because Paul stopped and spoke to him, Paul was made up because my SU was so thrilled! Bless them both x

One of my SU's LOVES men lol she comes over all giggly and smiley and she does these hand gestures as if to day "oh stop it" I can't work with her now I'm preggo :( I really miss her she has challenging behaviour but she responded so well with me. She used to talk to people over my shoulders and laugh at them a lot, she said funny men funny men a few times. I liked to think she was seeing my dad and grandad lol. She talked to her dead family as if they were there a lot and there was one that would make her start screaming no no no :(

X x x

Dear hubby, although it is lovely that you want to do the organising for my 40th birthday party, I'm not sure you realise that it's only TWO WEEEKS AWAY! Don't get stroppy with me when I ask to do something for it or make suggestions if you want to do it then DO IT! Pretty please let me help, it's driving me mad being out of the loop

Xxx

Dear brain.
Why do you insist on reminding me so painfully that I forgot your daily caffein fix today?
It's on the way so please stop hammering at the inside of my skull, it hurts both of us.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Dear hubby
You say I need to have more realistic expectations on what will and won't be done with the decorating etc Well if that is the case it would help if you could communicate with me about it.
Which means telling me what you think can be done and what you are trying to fit it around rather than waiting till 2pm to tell me that you would like to watch a footie match at 3 when you were supposed to be painting coving in the afternoon but can't get at the coving cos I am doing the walls and it also means LISTENING to what I say/suggest and if it is unrealistic or doesn't fit with your plans then communicating that!! FFS!!!!!
One of these days I am going to only do what I am told when I am told and if that fits in with what I have not communicated to you that I am doing!!!
Yours a very angry wife who needs to vent on here before she does damage to something!!!

Dear Mother
Yes I still at live at home, however i pay you for that "privilege" as far as i'm concerned, my room is MY space. It's messy? Fine..I'll get it done. If it bugs you that much, pile everything in a corner if it makes you feel better. However it is NOT ok for you to rummage through all my stuff, looking through my bags and cupboards in the mean time. Have you not heard of privacy?!
Yours
A very annoyed daughter :(

Dear year 10,

DO YOUR CHUFFING HOMEWORK! I don't set it just to make your life infinitely more miserable, I actually set is so that we can progress through the syllabus and get everything covered in time for YOUR sodding exams. By not doing it, my lesson plans go out of the window and we are now two whole weeks behind where we should be. I refuse to do the work for you. If you don't prepare your presentations are going to be utter *****. And guess what, I'll be giving you a grade that reflects that.

Yours, your utterly fed up teacher.

Dear Sons school,
No my son does NOT have a problem at home. He has a problem at SCHOOL! Yes he is bright but you are sucking the joy of learning out of him with the pressure YOU are putting him under, funny how when I mention this when you phone you cannot get off the phone quick enough! One more phone call and he is OUT of the accelerated programme! If he has to do everything later then that's fine. But please stop pressuring him, it is causing him to get anxiety attacks!

Also Maths 'teacher' I realise you have had lots and lots of complaints about your inability to control your classes, this does NOT mean you can give the good kids detentions for their pens running out, you petty woman!
One Irate Parent

Dear OH

I get that you have a headache, honestly I do. But do you really need to snap at me, clutch your head like it's about to fall off, and huff and sigh constantly? It's a headache, we all get them. Yes, they do indeed suck, but please, just grow a pair!

Dear sister

I know you have a full time job and you like to spend your days off going out with your mates. I also know you were on nights last night. And I know that you are rarely home. But would it kill you to do a bit of cleaning?? Me and OH also have full time jobs. Last week I did 75 hours, had 2 days off and then did 40 hours worth of night shifts over the weekend. Yet I still got up today, after a horrendous night shift where I got abused and had to talk a man out of jumping off a building, and cleaned the entire house while you are still in bed. I know im a bit obsessive when it comes to cleaning but I cant remember the last time you cleaned anything. If you were still living at home you wouldnt get away with it.
You are 23. Get up. Stop treating my house like a hotel. And DO SOME CLEANING!!!! Or ill be sending you back to Mum & Dad.

Lots of love
Your nagging big sister
Xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Dear wisdom tooth

I know me and you haven't seen eye to eye for 13 or so years but please will you just break through the god damn gum properly already!! I know you're working on it a little bit more than before but it's too damn painful, hurry the f up! I'd rather pain be bad and gone before my beaut gets home

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back